What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

GreatWhite13

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport s
modified the roof rails and added 4 little feet to stop the flex when stuff is strapped down to them

20210630_081422.jpg

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Started the adventure on the new 4xe.

planning to do this much slower than i removed everything from my 19 over the last couple weeks. (I am exhausted)

easy stuff:
Mirror flip
Shorty antenna
Door latch covers

harder stuff:
Actiontrac powered steps / rails - these were just test fit.
Bushwacker trail armor / sill covers - test fit

sooo, i was never happy with the naked pinch seam & area below the doors. Mud flaps & the aries steps help with the side of the jeep, but they did nothing for the seam and lower part of the body below the doors.

the bushwacker armor covers that area and is flat against the pinch seam.

i simply put them in place, held them tight, and used a paint marker through the pinch seam mount holes to mark drill spots on the bushwacker armor.

after drilling, i put them back on and test mounted the aries on top of them. Works perfect.

next step (no pun intended) is to remove the armor & steps, clean everything up, and then apply the armor with the double sided tape, and then reinstall the steps.

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 3.0 Turbo Diesel
Full disclosure I did most of this last week but just recently joined this forum and ran across this thread so I thought I would post up. I am new to Jeeps in general but since I am moving to a an old log cabin at the top of a mountain I need something more practical than my go fast toy. Just purchased a new 2021 Rubicon with the 3.0 Turbo Diesel. So far I am very impressed. Understanding there is no way to own a Jeep and keep it stock I figured I would start with some practical mods. The guys over at Rubitrux helped get me set up with all the Maximus 3 winch mounting kit parts and tow loops. I decided to use the Harbor freight 12000lb winch for 2 reasons (1) we have used them in the past on trailers and not been disappointed and (2) with one of their coupons it was under $500. Everything went pretty smooth until I realized that the handle to switch over to Free Spool would not clear the bumper. Ordered a second handle and cut it down, powder coated it red and we are in business. Next was an order to Gear America for some Mega Shackles in red both front and back.
Not sure what I will be spending my kids inheritance on next but I am sure it will be fun.

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Started the adventure on the new 4xe.

planning to do this much slower than i removed everything from my 19 over the last couple weeks. (I am exhausted)

easy stuff:
Mirror flip
Shorty antenna
Door latch covers

harder stuff:
Actiontrac powered steps / rails - these were just test fit.
Bushwacker trail armor / sill covers - test fit

sooo, i was never happy with the naked pinch seam & area below the doors. Mud flaps & the aries steps help with the side of the jeep, but they did nothing for the seam and lower part of the body below the doors.

the bushwacker armor covers that area and is flat against the pinch seam.

i simply put them in place, held them tight, and used a paint marker through the pinch seam mount holes to mark drill spots on the bushwacker armor.

after drilling, i put them back on and test mounted the aries on top of them. Works perfect.

next step (no pun intended) is to remove the armor & steps, clean everything up, and then apply the armor with the double sided tape, and then reinstall the steps.
Pics?

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Did oil change, air filter and tire rotation....

Had to get my air filter at the dealership... couldn't find one anywhere else.... there wasn't one east of Brampton Ontario..... even the dealership only had two!

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Well, after a week of waiting, UPS finally located and delivered the 2nd half of my Rugged Ridge snorkel, the high mount assembly.

Thanks to Dahrien at Northridge 4x4 for her assistance!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 99BD4263-3771-4416-AB59-0892758F8868
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? F1DE18D8-6A89-4E34-8052-1FABEB50FB46
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 7F8BBEB9-B8B8-451F-8CC7-E534E3CC8DCD

Now, I can do more of this.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 7867625E-0051-45EC-9F7A-4E34778E5743

tk1700

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Altitude, 2021 JLUR, 2016 Tundra
Did oil change, air filter and tire rotation....

Had to get my air filter at the dealership... couldn't find one anywhere else.... there wasn't one east of Brampton Ontario..... even the dealership only had two!
I order all my filters from Rock Auto. Always get MOPAR filters from them.

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2010 Ford Fusion
Build Thread
Link
Picked up this sun shade at Walmart of all places for $20. It has an "official Mopar tag" on it. They want $80 for the Mopar one on the site....:(
IMG_1244.jpeg
I got the same one from Walmart but I don't like the fit. I have the ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System) and the cutout for it is too small, smaller than on Mopar's one. I'll be returning mine and shopping for something better-fitting. So far I found this one, but it looks too flimsy.