Sponsored

Rancho RS9000XL are now here for the JL!

VAJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
The RS9000XL adjustable for the Jeep Wrangler JL is here!!
Get the ride feel you want for your Jeep JL.
Available for the Rubicon and the non-Rubicon stock or lifted.
Check with your favorite retailer on cost.

rs9000xl_jeepjl_sell.jpg
How’s the customer feed back been on these shocks?
Im really curious about the ease of reaching and adjusting the dial?

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
@wibornz you guys still running these?

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I have the Rancho 2" sport lift and the 9000XL shocks. I crawl slightly underneath the Jeep to adjust. I bought this adjustment tool, and it is awesome: https://www.ebay.com/itm/265183521892

I am very happy with the lift and shocks so far. I also have Rancho's front and rear adjustable track bars and Geo correction brackets.

Sponsored

VAJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I have the Rancho 2" sport lift and the 9000XL shocks. I crawl slightly underneath the Jeep to adjust. I bought this adjustment tool, and it is awesome: https://www.ebay.com/itm/265183521892

I am very happy with the lift and shocks so far. I also have Rancho's front and rear adjustable track bars and Geo correction brackets.
Good to hear, thanks for the tip on purchasing the adjustment tool…Seems like a simple tool like that would be included with new shocks…🤔

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Well I can offer a review - it's not on the JL unfortunately but it will speak to quality and performance.

I run the RS9000's on my Tahoe along with a 2/1 level. I installed them in April of 2019 so i'm over the two year mark now. My overall experience has been great. I did have one shock spring a leak about a month after install, which was alarming. But Rancho overnighted me a replacement...and it was a rear so very easy swap-out, I actually had the new one in place just under 24 hours from the time I noticed the leak. Pretty impressive. On the Tahoe, the rears are very easy to adjust, however the fronts have to be done blindly...you can reach the dials but you can't see them so you have to count the clicks.

If I remember correctly my current setting is 6F/5R...but the Tahoe is over 1000lbs heavier than the Wrangler so I doubt those numbers will help anyone here. On the Tahoe, the best range is like 3-7...less than three gives a super soft but bouncy ride and more than 7 gets way harsh when unloaded.

Sponsored

quick66

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Hightide Edition
@RanchoShocks Hi, I'm looking to upgrade the shocks on my 2022 Wrangler JLU High Tide. This has the XE package with 1.5" (?) lift and 35" tires from the factory. Which 9000 series adjustable shocks will work for the front and rear? I'm just looking for better dampening and perhaps a little less body roll if possible.

Based on my research it looks like the RS999065 front and RS999066 rears would be pretty close to what the stock shocks (68546612AC front and 68546613AB rear) are in terms of min, max and stroke.

I'm not planning on and drastic changes down the road. If I add a new front bumper/winch I might add a .5" -1" spacer depending how much sag results from the added weight.

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
RanchoShocks

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
You are spot on!!! :) Love the High Tide package.

@RanchoShocks Hi, I'm looking to upgrade the shocks on my 2022 Wrangler JLU High Tide. This has the XE package with 1.5" (?) lift and 35" tires from the factory. Which 9000 series adjustable shocks will work for the front and rear? I'm just looking for better dampening and perhaps a little less body roll if possible.

Based on my research it looks like the RS999065 front and RS999066 rears would be pretty close to what the stock shocks (68546612AC front and 68546613AB rear) are in terms of min, max and stroke.

I'm not planning on and drastic changes down the road. If I add a new front bumper/winch I might add a .5" -1" spacer depending how much sag results from the added weight.

Thanks!

quick66

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Hightide Edition
You are spot on!!! :) Love the High Tide package.
OK, just pulled the trigger and ordered these through Summit Racing. Looking forward to getting them installed and trying them out.
Sponsored