Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
This morning, my wife and I were driving buy the Polard Jeep in Boulder, CO. And we saw this.....

51281178631_75ee185553_b.jpg

The dealer had exactly ONE Wrangler in stock. Only 3 Grand Cherokees on the lot. As you can seek the most vehicles they had were Gladiators (which speaks volumes to the Gladiator's desirability). More than half of the vehicles they had available were used cars/trucks. There were NO vehicles in the back.

The shortages are insane.
Sponsored

GA392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
This morning, my wife and I were driving buy the Polard Jeep in Boulder, CO. And we saw this.....

Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer inventories 51281178631_75ee185553_b

The dealer had exactly ONE Wrangler in stock. Only 3 Grand Cherokees on the lot. As you can seek the most vehicles they had were Gladiators (which speaks volumes to the Gladiator's desirability). More than half of the vehicles they had available were used cars/trucks. There were NO vehicles in the back.

Yes, same here in Georgia. Plenty of Gladiators and not much else.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I live within close driving range of 6 Jeep dealerships. I've driven past all of them within the last month. All of their lots look like what the OP posted above. Several other dealerships have off-site storage lots that can be easily be seen while driving by and all are empty.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
This is a prime example of the crazy Auto market we have right now. It makes me happy I have purchased my Sahara in 2018. I feel like I got a GREAT deal now......

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This is a prime example of the crazy Auto market we have right now. It makes me happy I have purchased my Sahara in 2018. I feel like I got a GREAT deal now......
Same goes for my Rubicon. We got it last February at a pretty decent discount.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L

Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer inventories 51281178631_75ee185553_b

Yes, but did you drive around the corner to the secret bat cave roll up door, honk 3 times, and drive in to see were they keep their real inventory?

Seriously, its interesting what’s going on. I was just at a Mini dealer (schomp) for my wife’s car and they seemed to have “lots” of inventory. I was surprised…. It this inventory crunch is related To chip shortages, I would have guessed that BMW would have cut mini production in favor of the mainline brand…..

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Same goes for my Rubicon. We got it last February at a pretty decent discount.
Ditto. Nov 2019 for mine had plenty of bargaining room, got 10% off sticker, and had my choice of about 25 of them….. 18 months later…… empty lots.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I was just at a Mini dealer (schomp) for my wife’s car and they seemed to have “lots” of inventory
They don't roll over inventory the way other manufacturers do. You can't compare Mini to Jeep, Ford, Chevy, etc.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
They don't roll over inventory the way other manufacturers do. You can't compare Mini to Jeep, Ford, Chevy, etc.
Thanks for this but I will admit to not understanding. What does “roll over inventory” mean?

i know what “turn over” inventory is but I have not heard “roll over”

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thanks for this but I will admit to not understanding. What does “roll over inventory” mean?

Same meaning, just used the word "roll" instead of "turn".

Sponsored

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Our local dealer is even worse, one used wrangler, maybe three gladiatiors, and like 2 Ram trucks. They're all parked on the perimeter of the lot to make it appear more full from street level. I feel for anyone who HAS to get a new vehicle right now, when production catches up and the prices go down they're stuck paying a premium.

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, but did you drive around the corner to the secret bat cave roll up door, honk 3 times, and drive in to see were they keep their real inventory?

Seriously, its interesting what’s going on. I was just at a Mini dealer (schomp) for my wife’s car and they seemed to have “lots” of inventory. I was surprised…. It this inventory crunch is related To chip shortages, I would have guessed that BMW would have cut mini production in favor of the mainline brand…..
Coincidentally, Back in May, I bought a 2018 Mini Countryman from Schomp. Yes, they had a pretty good inventory, but go look at Loveland Mini.. Right now they only have 5 on the lot. However, a couple weeks ago they only had one.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU

For a second I was envisioning a jacked up wrangler monster-trucking over a row of new Minis. Made for a fun daydream until reality set in.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU

51281178631_75ee185553_b.jpg

Same here in the Mid Atlantic. All Gladis, and all parked up in the front row to make it look full. Take a peek behind the wall and it's slim pickings.

Gorgeous weather, though. I miss being out there in the Rockies.
Sponsored