Sponsored

What is one of the most overlooked features of your Jeep?

TMJL2018

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Technology & part-time Google mechanic
Clubs

After 18 months of ownership I just discovered the center console can be locked with the key.
How can you do that?

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The hover dial next to the light switch. I always forget about it until after I have recovered. Such is life.

MLS_AZ

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
For me, the fact that the Sirius/XM radio has that "Replay" feature.
How do you use the Replay? Does it stay on or do you activate it after each song?

Thx!

I love the keyless proximity entry. Sounds lame, but whatever. I love it.
It isn't lame! I love that feature since I can put the fob in my pocket and not have to mess with it locking and unlocking the Jeep. They are expensive to replace, so keeping it in your pocket/purse might avoid dropping/damaging it. I think it's one of the best options Jeep offers. :like:

Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I've never even noticed that! Thanks
Took me 18 months to notice it, and until I found it I always found it ridiculous that it didn’t lock. Haha.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
The frame mounted rearview mirror was a good catch. My 90's Honda had one. The mirror kept falling off of the YJ and I gave up on it.
I didn't ask for proximity key, but it was included and I love it.
For me, the most overlooked feature is the soft top. I live in area with great weather, and very few have soft tops, let alone open them up. Infinitely more fun.

Sponsored

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler rubicon diesel
For me, the fact that the Sirius/XM radio has that "Replay" feature. Yes, it's nice to be able to go back and listen to a song from the beginning, but the absolute BEST part is that, on all of your Favorite stations, the songs automatically start at the beginning when you switch to that station! I can go through all 10 stations, and it's always on the first part of the song.

I've had XM since ~2003 (maybe?), and have listened to the last half of my favorite songs thousands of times. Now, because it's always at the beginning of the song when I switch stations, I'm hearing the beginnings of the songs.

And, unlike many other great features (aux switches, easily removable top/doors, etc.), this is a feature that I appreciate every 3-5 minutes while driving!
ME personally, mine is the fact you can engage the rear locker in 4H If you know the secret sequence of buttons to push ;). It's in the manual. But if you're in 4H you hit offroad+, then hold your traction control button to turn it and the esc off, then you can lock up the rear axle.

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
ME personally, mine is the fact you can engage the rear locker in 4H If you know the secret sequence of buttons to push ;). It's in the manual. But if you're in 4H you hit offroad+, then hold your traction control button to turn it and the esc off, then you can lock up the rear axle.
Is that just a diesel thing?

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2010 Ford Fusion
Build Thread
Link
I love the keyless proximity entry. Sounds lame, but whatever. I love it.
That's the feature both my husband and I will be very happy about. I'm tired of pulling a handle of a locked passenger door when my husband forgets to start fishing out the fob out of his pockets while we approach our (old) car.

And for those who hate this feature, on p. 28 of the manual it says "Passive Entry may be programmed on/off within the Uconnect Settings".
Sponsored

Last edited: