Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Hey you’re right. It does show up as option on the 2 door. Sorry, I only search 4 doors. But now, I don’t see how you get manual windows.
Manual windows are not an option. they just come standard on the Sport and the Willys Sport.
Sponsored

Hard Rock Jeep

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR HR, 2022 JLUR 2.0, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I'm so glad I waited for news on the 2022 changes. Now I just have to wait for the orders to open and hope to take delivery by December.
This package is being offered as a 2021. You can order it now.

mattcarvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
I ordered the 2021 392 which should be arriving in a few weeks. Will I be able to add this package to my 392 once it becomes available?

Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
You can do builds where the Bronco is a better value and builds were the Wrangler is a better value. My point was specific to the Sasquatch on the lower trims compared to a Rubicon with Xtreme Recon package.
This is likely true, some configurations may swing one way or another.

Unless the trim is something "special" (like Rubicon, due to exclusives not available through options), I generally only look at base models when I'm shopping for me (bells and whistles when shopping for my wife).

Anyhoo, when I was very casually looking, that's when I noticed a 2dr Base Bronco/Sasquatch is $38K, which is no small amount cheaper (MSRP) than Rubicon and it has equivalent or better standard equipment on nearly everything but electronic disconnects. That price also has the forced automatic upgrade until later this year or early next year when they will make the Sasquatch available on manuals, then it'll only be $35K I think (and have that 90:1 crawl gear or whatever it is). I didn't study it, it was more a casual glance like "dang, Ford is throwing the kitchen sink at the Bronco and Jeep is making us fight for scraps".

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
This is likely true, some configurations may swing one way or another.

Unless the trim is something "special" (like Rubicon, due to exclusives not available through options), I generally only look at base models when I'm shopping for me (bells and whistles when shopping for my wife).

Anyhoo, when I was very casually looking, that's when I noticed a 2dr Base Bronco/Sasquatch is $38K, which is no small amount cheaper (MSRP) than Rubicon and it has equivalent or better standard equipment on nearly everything but electronic disconnects. That price also has the forced automatic upgrade until later this year or early next year when they will make the Sasquatch available on manuals, then it'll only be $35K I think (and have that 90:1 crawl gear or whatever it is). I didn't study it, it was more a casual glance like "dang, Ford is throwing the kitchen sink at the Bronco and Jeep is making us fight for scraps".
Yeah. The base is definitely a good price if you go that route. And the Xtreme Recon isn’t available on a 2-door so there isn’t anything to compare.

i actually like the 2-door Bronco a lot. I think the proportions are better than the Wrangler.

Reactions: eck

ThatTXJeepGuy

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Porsche, future wrangler owner
Anyone have ideas on how much more 4.88 gears will cost? Seems like the recon package is $3995 but then have to add the 4.88?

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
Anyone have ideas on how much more 4.88 gears will cost? Seems like the recon package is $3995 but then have to add the 4.88?
They shouldn't cost much, and probably won't. It may even be that the 4.88 are standard with the manual and 4.56 standard with the slushbox and that's all you can get on either. Jeep has been a little fuzzy on that point.

Sponsored

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, this is disappointing, if they are trying to compete with the Bronco then they should have allowed this to be added to all Jeep packages. I get it, the Rubicon is their pride and joy but if any Jeep is "capable" then why not give every Jeep the option to add this package?

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Here you go.
There's quite a number of upgrades in there. Anyone know the GVW rating for the standard JLRUs? With the XR it's now 6100 lbs.
Jeep Wrangler JL Official: New Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package Announced. Will Debut at Chicago Auto Show unknow

Last edited:

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
How likely is it that that hood would be available as an aftermarket part? And if likely, when? Only hassle is having it painted to match. I'm kind of obsessed with aggressive busy hoods.