tr-29

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Hey Guys,

I have a set of the Mopar All weather Cargo Mats, however I either did not get, or misplaced the plastic grommets that get installed for it to clip into place. Well apparently Mopar doesn't have those listed with a product number that I, or the parts department at my local dealer could find, so at the moment I am kind of screwed...

Has anyone else had this issue, or know of a potential solution?

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

tr-29

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Do you have a photo of your mats, to confirm what's missing?

I have the same Mopar mats installed in my JLU. There weren't any separate pieces to go missing (or that required manual installation by the installer). This would explain the absence of any separate part numbers. Yes, possibly the integrated grommets were separated during production?
they show the grommets in this video.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Aren’t the grommets under the carpet that you cut out?

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU All Weather Cargo Mats - Missing Grommets 1624917694816

Assume OP is talking about these...

I'd call whoever you ordered them from....

Sponsored

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hey Guys,

I have a set of the Mopar All weather Cargo Mats, however I either did not get, or misplaced the plastic grommets that get installed for it to clip into place. Well apparently Mopar doesn't have those listed with a product number that I, or the parts department at my local dealer could find, so at the moment I am kind of screwed...

Has anyone else had this issue, or know of a potential solution?

Thanks
Contact the people you purchased the cargo mats from. They should have came with it. If you can take a picture of everything you received so we can look it over.

brynamic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
These look the exact same I think… worth a shot! thanks!
Are you missing all of the grommets? I recently installed this and there are two styles. One type that goes in the back seat and another that goes in the gap hider. If you look in the image by @SouthCo the 10 in the top row are for the back of the rear seat and the 5+5 on the bottom row are for the gap hider.

OP
OP

tr-29

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Are you missing all of the grommets? I recently installed this and there are two styles. One type that goes in the back seat and another that goes in the gap hider. If you look in the image by @SouthCo the 10 in the top row are for the back of the rear seat and the 5+5 on the bottom row are for the gap hider.
Missing all of them. the ones he posted look like the 5+5 bottom row ones. Would still need the seat ones.

Sponsored

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
If you bought the cargo liners used then you screwed. because mopar does not sell those clips individually. Another forum member had the same issue.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I ordered the ones from Quadratec to replace a broken one on my floor mat. They appeared to be the exact same as the ones used for the cargo mat. You need to get both pieces. As someone else said, first I would contact the vendor for free replacements.

CJtoJL

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I ran into the same problem on the mat I ordered from one of the mopar sites. I had to return that one in exchange for another mat to get the grommets needed. Might be your best bet??​

OP
OP

tr-29

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I ran into the same problem on the mat I ordered from one of the mopar sites. I had to return that one in exchange for another mat to get the grommets needed. Might be your best bet??​
Trying to avoid that, but might have to. Seems dumb I can’t just get the clips sent out to me. Seems like a part that should be able to be replaced.

brynamic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
Missing all of them. the ones he posted look like the 5+5 bottom row ones. Would still need the seat ones.
This "might" work and I say it like that as my son was helping me install my mat and he put one of those upper grommets in the back of the seat. It was a very tight fit and I needed to use a small flat head screwdriver to pry it out (thankfully no damage was done). What I don't know is whether the mat will latch into that grommet if installed with only the upper.
Sponsored