Sponsored

Backup Camera issue

Djzjeep22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU; 2021 JLUR
I am still fighting with @JeepCares to get the update. Really frustrated, however, I have hope with your feedback. Thanks on behalf of the entire community suffering with this problem for your update to the resolution.
I wrote to @JeepCares but don't seem to be getting any response. Same problem with brand new 2021 JLUR. JeepCares last week -could you please respond to my PM?
Sponsored

onpatrol99

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I wrote to @JeepCares but don't seem to be getting any response. Same problem with brand new 2021 JLUR. JeepCares last week -could you please respond to my PM?
I put in the subject line attention Courtney at jeep cares. I know it took her about three days to respond to me each time I sent a message.
Hopefully they responseā€¦. I can tell you it was a very frustrating two years to get a resolution to the software problem.

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle 80th Anniversary - Diesel
I have been very patient on this fix. Unfortunately, I about lost it yesterday. I got a call from Uconnect from the results of my new Jeep survey. After some research on their side, I was told that the fix SHOULD be before year end 2021.... Come on... If this is truly a software fix, then what the heck.

VERY frustrated. @JeepCares - Any comments?

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
I have been very patient on this fix. Unfortunately, I about lost it yesterday. I got a call from Uconnect from the results of my new Jeep survey. After some research on their side, I was told that the fix SHOULD be before year end 2021.... Come on... If this is truly a software fix, then what the heck.

VERY frustrated. @JeepCares - Any comments?
Yeah I've been told the update that fixed @onpatrol99 does not apply to 2021 Jeeps. Somehow his software version is newer than mine but the U-Connect rep says it's not the software version they look at, but the application version. šŸ™„ I was supposed to receive a call back yesterday or today but no call. @JeepCares needs to get this handled. I'm seriously thinking about my legal remedies. This is absurd on a 50k vehicle.

Sponsored

Djzjeep22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU; 2021 JLUR
Just got a UConnect update notice on my 2021 Rubicon. Maybe this is it!

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still no update on mine.
Me neither. Anyone else receiving updates? I escalated my case with Uconnect and @JeepCares last week. Hoping to hear something back. Pulled the trailer the other day and had to choose to reboot system to get lines to return or guess on the center (at least the camera works). First world problems I know, but it sure is irritating. FYI - My choice was not to reboot. Was off about 1.5" on the ball, but I pushed the trailer over and cussed the system for my therapy.

Djzjeep22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU; 2021 JLUR
Just got a UConnect update notice on my 2021 Rubicon. Maybe this is it!
Applied the update last night. Had lines this morning, but obviously too early to tell if the update had any long term impact. I will report back in a week, or earlier if the lines disappear

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Applied the update last night. Had lines this morning, but obviously too early to tell if the update had any long term impact. I will report back in a week, or earlier if the lines disappear
What version is your Uconnect at now?

Sponsored

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
This has literally turned into a drinking game. Every time Iā€™m DD, and the backup lines donā€™t show, Iā€™m buying the first round.

Jeep, for the sake of my wallet, fix this bug. (I have the latest update)

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hello everyone,

There was a recently released TSB: 08-100-21 that addresses symptoms similar to what you may have been experiencing. Since this Firmware Over the Air (FOTA) was released very recently and is currently rolling out, we appreciate everyone's patience as it may take some time to reach your vehicle. If you'd like assistance with getting the software appropriately updated, we kindly recommend reaching out to your preferred dealers in regard to next steps.

If anyone would like additional support while at their dealership visit, please do not hesitate to let us know! For your convenience, I've attached information for the service bulletin below.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Jeep Wrangler JL Backup Camera issue 1624920303816

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello everyone,

There was a recently released TSB: 08-100-21 that addresses symptoms similar to what you may have been experiencing. Since this Firmware Over the Air (FOTA) was released very recently and is currently rolling out, we appreciate everyone's patience as it may take some time to reach your vehicle. If you'd like assistance with getting the software appropriately updated, we kindly recommend reaching out to your preferred dealers in regard to next steps.

If anyone would like additional support while at their dealership visit, please do not hesitate to let us know! For your convenience, I've attached information for the service bulletin below.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Jeep Wrangler JL Backup Camera issue 1624920303816
~woot~ Let's hope. Thank you for posting Courtney. I see that the latest SW version per your post will be 39.6. Interesting, as I just checked mine and I am at 20.45.12. That is a lot of versions... Push push!!! Any idea on the landing date for OTA based on vehicle VIN?

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting, as mine is 20.45.12, but the Uconnect site says I am current. Kinda makes one wonder. 39.6 seems to be the one with the 'fix'. This is a lot like waiting for the COVID-19 vaccine. It's here, now you have to wait your turn.
Sponsored