Sponsored

Are Dealerships Still Pricing Under Invoice?

TheEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Lots of variables, but there are a handful of dealers around the country who will do 5-7% below invoice right now. If you're not in a rush, the MY 2022 order banks are expected (not confirmed) to open ~Sep/Oct and start building in early December.

In addition to any new colors/options that may come in the new model year, I'd expect to see some 4xe improvements, given that this was the first year for it and they're most certainly doing heavy R&D in prep for a full-electric Wrangler within the next 2-3 years.

Aside from colors, there are few options that *could* happen for model year 2022:
- Uconnect 5 (native 5G support, potential for bigger displays, faster hardware, etc)
- Xtreme Recon package (factory lift, 35s, etc)
- who knows what else

All of this is speculation, of course, so take it with a grain of salt.
Anything is possible but I think the Uconnect 5 will wait for MY 2023 or 2024 as it's going to need a dashboard/interior redesign to fit a larger (wider) screen.

I hope the XR package becomes available for the 4xe but I wonder if Jeep is keeping that away from the diesel and 4xe to preserve their epa/mpg numbers.
Sponsored

RamMan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Dsl. / '16 Ram PW / '14 GC Dsl.
Occupation
Transport / Odd Jobs
There are people getting decent purchase prices in certain states, at specific dealerships. Just know, most dealerships aren't just axing under invoice discounts, they are charging above MSRP.
You are Correct, Sir!

Sponsored

6togo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU Sahara
Unlimited Sahara Altitude Hydro blue, 3.6/A8 , sky top, nav, cold pack, adv. safety pack,Nav, led's, prox. key and all weather mats.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I’ve been dreaming of getting a hybrid Wrangler since they were first hinted at years ago. I spoke to one member who got 4% under invoice when he ordered his 4xe Rubicon in January from a dealership near me in Fort Walton Beach, FL.

I’ve been casually texting a salesperson about what they have coming in and they suggested ordering one since I don’t want every bell and whistle there is. When I mentioned that other member’s deal, their response was, “Who was it? Lol.”

Granted, the new car market is crazy right now, but I keep reading about members getting great deals still. Is this just a salesman being a salesman or is it unrealistic to ask for pricing that low now? Do I need to adjust my expectations?
I emailed a specific build sheet to several dealers here in Duluth, MN, one close by in Superior, WI, one 20 minutes north of me, and one in Burnsville, MN (somewhere near Minneapolis, MN) and all except the Burnsville dealership wouldn’t budge on MSRP (one never even got back to me with a price). The Burnsville dealer offered me 6.6% below MSRP plus free delivery to my house 150 miles away. Didn’t take me long to sign for that!

One of the best sales guys I’ve spoken with. He is a fellow Jeep lover, never asked me about a trade-in before showing me their price, and didn’t care one bit if I was financing or not. I hate all those games other sales people play.

I ordered just five days ago and I can’t remember the last time I’ve been this excited!

enginerd_josh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Placed my order with Daniel@Gupton this afternoon the wait begins!
Any order details you care to share? Trim? % below invoice? I have an email into Daniel from last week, and a follow up sent on Sunday. Trying to be patient while he digs out from under his emails from vacation last week.

ResGuy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner, 16 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Anybody have any luck in the Texas market getting a truck 3%+ below invoice recently? I'd prefer avoid the trip out to Nashville, but the 7% offers from Gupton are quite tempting.

Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Anybody have any luck in the Texas market getting a truck 3%+ below invoice recently? I'd prefer avoid the trip out to Nashville, but the 7% offers from Gupton are quite tempting.
There was one dealership in Conroe that used to get a lot of mentions, but I don't know if they've kept up aggressive pricing during this period.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I sent my build out to all of the local DFW dealers, Neil down at Demontrond in Conroe, and the various national dealers who are mentioned frequently here. Daniel @ Gupton was the quickest to respond and the best price. I didn't get any response from Neil, but understand that he might have been on PTO when I was looking.

I went with Daniel. Super easy, no muss, no fuss. Saved ~$7K off sticker for my JLUSA, should be picking it up in a couple of weeks. Flights to Nashville are cheap, and I figure the cruise home will be a great way to break in the new Jeep.

I did go test drive at Autonation near Keller. Great sales guy, super friendly. I told him and his Director of New Sales my build requirements, and told them I had an out-of-state offer for 8% off invoice, but if they could come close, I'd rather buy local. The Director of New Sales straight up said, "If you've got that offer in writing, you should take it as quick as you can. I can't come anywhere close to that."

Even if I spend $1K on travel to/from Nashville, I'm still $6K ahead of the game.

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
Any order details you care to share? Trim? % below invoice? I have an email into Daniel from last week, and a follow up sent on Sunday. Trying to be patient while he digs out from under his emails from vacation last week.
Are you me? I did literally the same thing! An email the week he was out with my order, a follow up on Sunday. I'm sure he is absolutely buried.

I'm in sales, you gotta think he is going with the easy orders and quick follow ups first!

ResGuy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner, 16 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I sent my build out to all of the local DFW dealers, Neil down at Demontrond in Conroe, and the various national dealers who are mentioned frequently here. Daniel @ Gupton was the quickest to respond and the best price. I didn't get any response from Neil, but understand that he might have been on PTO when I was looking.

I went with Daniel. Super easy, no muss, no fuss. Saved ~$7K off sticker for my JLUSA, should be picking it up in a couple of weeks. Flights to Nashville are cheap, and I figure the cruise home will be a great way to break in the new Jeep.

I did go test drive at Autonation near Keller. Great sales guy, super friendly. I told him and his Director of New Sales my build requirements, and told them I had an out-of-state offer for 8% off invoice, but if they could come close, I'd rather buy local. The Director of New Sales straight up said, "If you've got that offer in writing, you should take it as quick as you can. I can't come anywhere close to that."

Even if I spend $1K on travel to/from Nashville, I'm still $6K ahead of the game.
Thanks! It's nice to hear from others that were in a similar spot. Have the call into Neil, but as with you, haven't heard anything back yet.

It's looking like it may be Daniel on our end as well.

whenasked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 4XE
Thanks! It's nice to hear from others that were in a similar spot. Have the call into Neil, but as with you, haven't heard anything back yet.

It's looking like it may be Daniel on our end as well.

Did anyone pick up from Gupton this week so far?
Sponsored