Sponsored

What happened with ROAM offroad?

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
I don't have any money on the table here, but from all of my research they are a company that will never get my business. They make for a great Instaglam story, but for every positive experience there are 4 times as many negative ones, most of which have to do with terrible service. Just look at the lack of engagement here on this forum. If they gave a damn you would see follow up and at least an attempt at public remediation.

My money will go to vendors that go out of their way to engage, support, and interact with their client base. Look at the forum sponsors, look at who is active, and use that as your starting point. If they are on here and engaging it means they are more likely to stand behind their product.
Sponsored

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have actually heard back from Anthony pretty consistently in the last month or so. but I will say Anthony is still keeping in touch and responding to me (last time over the weekend)
Is that through email? Is there another address other than [email protected]?

I've emailed Anthony several times from my personal email as well as work email but all I got were crickets...

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes been trying to get info from them too. I liked @WranglerMan front bumper and they don't return emails at all. No number to call. Need bumper info. Emailed them 5 times now.

I guess have to agree with @Low_Spark...

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@Low_Spark and @NewJLU2019 i never actually dealt with ROAM on the bumper, I had originally saw the bumper on a cover pic on their site and the pic was a JL that belonged to @TTEChris of Tank Customs here in Houston and it’s where I have had all my work done, well long story short Chris was parting with that JL to get another Jeep and he knew I really liked that setup he had with the recessed winch and stubby look so before getting rid of that JL he gave me a great deal on the complete setup and the winch had pretty much zero use on it and not a scratch on anything so I jumped all over it.

I have heard lots say ROAM has terrible after sales support and even pre-sales support is not great but my support from @TTEChris has been solid even though he does not deal with ROAM anymore and maybe there’s a reason for that.

Any way heres some eye candy for @NewJLU2019

Jeep Wrangler JL What happened with ROAM offroad? C2971A47-F619-491D-9E3C-E8051E0E980F
Jeep Wrangler JL What happened with ROAM offroad? D3559A63-16D8-461C-920E-93316F00BD69
Jeep Wrangler JL What happened with ROAM offroad? 5D688456-F250-413E-A2ED-69BD06A15942
Jeep Wrangler JL What happened with ROAM offroad? 989F3373-7E58-47FF-84EC-B71455165408

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
I have their first side steps, never had a problem with them. I've heard lots of people have experienced rust, but never had a problem with mine. I REALLY want their Pioneer front bumper, I hope to be able to engage with them in the next couple of months to see about getting one. I hope they are still producing them, or at least have some in stock.

I just asked myself this question a few days ago though. There was much talk about them around here back when i first got my jeep back in 2018. I hardly ever hear anything about them anymore.

Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
JL on order. Looking for bumpers and side steps/rockers. Looked @ LoD, stupid expensive so I took a look at ROAM site. Great looking products and prices but everything I looked at said out of stock. Guess this explains why. On to another brand.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
@Low_Spark and @NewJLU2019 i never actually dealt with ROAM on the bumper, I had originally saw the bumper on a cover pic on their site and the pic was a JL that belonged to @TTEChris of Tank Customs here in Houston and it’s where I have had all my work done, well long story short Chris was parting with that JL to get another Jeep and he knew I really liked that setup he had with the recessed winch and stubby look so before getting rid of that JL he gave me a great deal on the complete setup and the winch had pretty much zero use on it and not a scratch on anything so I jumped all over it.

I have heard lots say ROAM has terrible after sales support and even pre-sales support is not great but my support from @TTEChris has been solid even though he does not deal with ROAM anymore and maybe there’s a reason for that.

Any way heres some eye candy for @NewJLU2019

C2971A47-F619-491D-9E3C-E8051E0E980F.jpeg
D3559A63-16D8-461C-920E-93316F00BD69.jpeg
5D688456-F250-413E-A2ED-69BD06A15942.jpeg
989F3373-7E58-47FF-84EC-B71455165408.jpeg
MAN cold cold cold !!! 😆 So many bumpers out there and I found one that I liked and it's a Roam and they suck I guess.

I know where Katy is. I will come to take the bumper off. 😆 I don't like Katy too. The reason being is back in 2008 Wylie high School (My Son was Starting Left Tackle #74) played Katy in the Championship game in Houston and we ended up losing (YES) on bad calls to Katy.

My son did make news that game and was played over and over on TV. One of Katie's players kept punching him in pile up and he had enough and that player was about to hit our QB and my son came across full sped and knocked him flying and then finished his block off with a body slam to the player on the ground. They called roughing penalty but the player was trying to get up and he got waylaid. lol So bad blood here !!! :LOL::lipssealed::swear:
He was also a highlight reel making two blocks on the same play protecting his QB. Knocked both playes off feet. GO WYLIE!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL What happened with ROAM offroad? ms-qCkZ6u

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@NewJLU2019 I’m not from Katy, actually I’m not even from Texas, came here 11 years ago for work and have about 4 more to go then heading back to the Midwest where family is.

I would think you could just order the bumper from them as they have it listed on their site but who knows since they won’t answer emails.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
@NewJLU2019 I’m not from Katy, actually I’m not even from Texas, came here 11 years ago for work and have about 4 more to go then heading back to the Midwest where family is.

I would think you could just order the bumper from them as they have it listed on their site but who knows since they won’t answer emails.
Well guess since you are not a Real Texan will let it slide. lol The cart will not work on their website. Beats me.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Well I to just tried and says it’s out of stock and since no one wants to return emails I’m guessing those that want that bumper are SOL..

Jeep Wrangler JL What happened with ROAM offroad? A0C16E30-E487-4737-888D-028EFC55E6FC

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have the Roam front bumper an their side armor steps. Both have been amazing. I wanted their rear bumper tire carrier, but got tired of waiting for it to be released.

My bud bough their rear tire carrier/bumper. It is the quietest tire carrier I have witnessed. There is zero noise from it. no shakes, no rattles. You can run down a washboard road or trail and speeds and it is dead silent.

To bad they are falling off the planet. They had great products. It was the other things about their business that let them down.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
I preordered the ROAM frame mounted rock sliders when they were first available back in the latter part of 2018.

They have performed great out on the rocks. They have their share of dents and scrapes. However, a wire brush, sandpaper, and a rattle can keeps them looking new. At non contact areas, I have had no rust issues.

Anthony always responded to any and all comments and questions of mine. Hope that they are still up and running.

ruthannd

First Name
ruth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I ordered rails in March of this year. Anthony emailed and they had just "sold out" of what I ordered. I got an upgrade to the bedliner rails. It still took me until May 20th to get them. When I went to install them on 6/14 the main brackets that I needed were jacked. One was squared and wouldn't fit through the hole on the frame to be able attach anything and the other one had the tab to hold onto welded to far over and I couldn't line the holes up to attach it. I live about 20 minutes north of Houston and Anthony asked that I put them in my mailbox to be picked up. I have heard nothing since then. I've emailed, called the number on Facebook and still nothing. I have my rails but no way to attach them. I wanted to shop local and had heard great things. Now I'm in the process of researching to try to find out where they are here since I didn't receive an invoice for my purchase. Just my PayPal payment to show proof. I had heard great things but this makes me sad.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I ordered rails in March of this year. Anthony emailed and they had just "sold out" of what I ordered. I got an upgrade to the bedliner rails. It still took me until May 20th to get them. When I went to install them on 6/14 the main brackets that I needed were jacked. One was squared and wouldn't fit through the hole on the frame to be able attach anything and the other one had the tab to hold onto welded to far over and I couldn't line the holes up to attach it. I live about 20 minutes north of Houston and Anthony asked that I put them in my mailbox to be picked up. I have heard nothing since then. I've emailed, called the number on Facebook and still nothing. I have my rails but no way to attach them. I wanted to shop local and had heard great things. Now I'm in the process of researching to try to find out where they are here since I didn't receive an invoice for my purchase. Just my PayPal payment to show proof. I had heard great things but this makes me sad.
Ouch, that sucks.

I got mine in 2019 (I lived in houston at the time) and had a simple ordering/delivery process. My install in my Brother in law‘s driveway had zero issues And was quick. BUT, the talk on these boards at the time was not especially complimentary of Roam‘s customer service.

I have had zero issues (rusting, body damage) with my frame mounted sliders Since putting them on. It seems that customer service and attention to detail may be continuing to plague this company.

best wishes trying to resolve.

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
I emailed recently Anthony inquiring about the pioneer front bumper twice.... Haven't heard a thing. Sucks i really like the steps i got from them, and wanted that front bumper.
Sponsored