Sponsored

What is the ONE Jeep Accessory every Jeep owner needs?

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. Here's my next dumb question: Can you run in safari mode with the windshield down? (I, too, would like to keep the sun off my head!)
Not a dumb question at all...but you can't run safari mode with windshield down because the soft top needs to be secured to the windshield frame.
Sponsored

TMJL2018

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Technology & part-time Google mechanic
Clubs

Skid plates.

Fast Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willis
Gas cap door, shorty Antenna, Rock rails with steps.

IMG_0073.jpg

4thekids

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUSA w/ Sky One Touch Roof
For me itā€™s:
-shortie antenna
-neoprene cover for center armrest (stock vinyl scortches in sun)
-basic recovery kit (tow strap, kinetic strap, D-rings, soft shackles, gloves, etc)
-basic tool kit inc. flashlight(s)

The last two arenā€™t really Jeep mods so I was okay exceeding the ā€œone thingā€ list šŸ˜œ
Hey Chris, any suggestions for the arm rest? (ie brand that you like etc). I need!

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Chris, any suggestions for the arm rest? (ie brand that you like etc). I need!
I know you weren't asking me, but this has proven to be a great arm rest at a great price:

Amazon.com: Koverz Neoprene Center Console Cover Armrest Pad with Keyhole for Jeep Wrangler JL JLU Gladiator JT Sahara Sport Rubicon Unlimited 2018 2019 2020 2021 - Black | See Install Notes & Video: Automotive

Excellent fit on the center console, allows access to the key hole, and matches my Rough Country seat covers perfectly. Highly recommend.

Sponsored

Cat Ebeling

First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL Unlimited
New Jeep owner here (well... almost... whenever this build starts/finishes)... question:

What is the ONE Jeep accessory that EVERY one of you canā€™t live without? What is a must get right out of the gate?
I immediately bought front seat covers (Qik Cover) they are awesome. I dont have to worry about mud, dogs, etc. They are washable and look great. https://qikcover.com/
Back seat I got a big waterproof slip on cover, so we can go out on muddy adventures with our dog and I wont worry!
Next up is rock rails and winch for my front bumper.

Mutlkey53

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL, purchased new in April 2021
New Jeep owner here (well... almost... whenever this build starts/finishes)... question:

What is the ONE Jeep accessory that EVERY one of you canā€™t live without? What is a must get right out of the gate?
I needed a jump-start pack twice to get my bloody JL started after the ESS failed and the thing just refused to start. Jeep dealer in Hawkes Bay reckoned they'd fixed the problem, but they lied. Took it all the way back to Wellington at my expense, and they reckon they've fixed it. Remains to be seen. Keeping the jump-pack in the JL just in case.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The Bolt system is pretty good, keeps the hood from flapping too.

Easy install if you have a rivet gun...
The rivet gun needs to be large enough to process 1/4" rivets, so the most common hand riveter will be too small.

Bolt provides steel rivets with their hood locks, too, so be sure that the relevant, larger rivet gun is capable of managing them. This rivet gun, for example, can safely handle 1/4" rivets only if they're [softer] aluminum.

Just an FYI from my own experience installing the Bolt hood lock.

Sponsored

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Oh My God straps (both sides)
Balls big as Church Bells
Change your Hood Clamps ( some hoods bounce at high speeds)
Get a Tazer
Husky floor coverings ( mud and crap traps)
I'll be back. You got a big list...

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
wow. Had wrangler over 4 years and so many one things i need that i donā€™t have.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
The rivet gun needs to be large enough to process 1/4" rivets, so the most common hand riveter will be too small.

Bolt provides steel rivets with their hood locks, too, so be sure that the relevant, larger rivet gun is capable of managing them. This rivet gun, for example, can safely handle 1/4" rivets only if they're [softer] aluminum.

Just an FYI from my own experience installing the Bolt hood lock.
Yeah, you need a fairly good rivet gun to install it. As long as you have that, takes maybe 15 minutes. One of the easiest installs Iā€™ve ever done.

Deleted member 59098

Some kind of stick. I use a long cooking chopstick. To fish out keys and other things dropped between the seat and arm rest.