First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I just received my first badge from Jeep, I traveled the length of the NJ Parkway. 🙂🗽
Plenty of waves here in Monmouth County in my H.A.
Love the ride on my Bridgestones, quiet so I can hear my music.
Gas station owner told me last week as he was filling me up "nice Jeep" I'm sure he has seen one or two.....😉
Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Drove the Sahara until the misses stole it and it has BFG KO2's 33's with just the Teraflex spacer kit. Had to remove that factory rake. The driving has always been good without or with the 33's.

My 2-cents with Wave.

DFW has for some reason more females driving Jeeps and rarely do they wave back in the Sahara or my Rubicon. Maybe 3 out of 10 waves.

I do get more waves in the Rubicon for sure. Still, most are fellow male Jeepers. I still do my part and wave to all.

Friday was a good day other than hot as heck. Passed Fellow Rubicon Jeeper in his Topless and half-doors on in Wal-mart parking lot. We paused and waved and gave thumbs up. He looked just as hot as I was. Sweat rolling down into eyes.

That was the moment I realized I lost out to keeping top and half-doors off. Texas heat won. My hats off to Willis Haviland Carrier.

Nothing like AC!!!!

Saturday the top and doors went back on until fall. I can take the cold. AC is all I can say!!:like:

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Drove the Sahara until the misses stole it and it has BFG KO2's 33's with just the Teraflex spacer kit. Had to remove that factory rake. The driving has always been good without or with the 33's.

My 2-cents with Wave.

DFW has for some reason more females driving Jeeps and rarely do they wave back in the Sahara or my Rubicon. Maybe 3 out of 10 waves.

I do get more waves in the Rubicon for sure. Still, most are fellow male Jeepers. I still do my part and wave to all.

Friday was a good day other than hot as heck. Passed Fellow Rubicon Jeeper in his Topless and half-doors on in Wal-mart parking lot. We paused and waved and gave thumbs up. He looked just as hot as I was. Sweat rolling down into eyes.

That was the moment I realized I lost out to keeping top and half-doors off. Texas heat won. My hats off to Willis Haviland Carrier.

Nothing like AC!!!!

Saturday the top and doors went back on until fall. I can take the cold. AC is all I can say!!:like:
Yup, doors off November thru February, then back on for summer! 🤣🤣🤣

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, doors off November thru February, then back on for summer! 🤣🤣🤣
I picked Rubi up Feb 26th. Top-Lift Pro came in late March. Top and half-doors went on the end of March.
We had a wet cool spring DFW so it was parked inside a lot. I lasted till late June. It's nice for the first 10 mins then too damn hot. lol Will try to beat my Sahara (Sky One Top) cold record of 21 degrees this next winter.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Nothing like AC!!!!

Driving around yesterday in my wife's Lexus RX350 with the cooled seats on, it struck me as odd that Jeep only offers heated seats/steering wheel and not cooled. If I had to pick one to have, I would absolutely get a cooled seat vs a heated one.

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
That was the moment I realized I lost out to keeping top and half-doors off. Texas heat won.
One of my first cars was a convertible but I did not know the proper way to use one. My idea was to lower the top in the summer when it was very hot outside. I decided I didn't like convertibles. Of course if I had used the convertible properly I might have liked it more. Some years our season between winter and summer is about 2 weeks, sometimes it is longer.

I see videos on youtube of Wranglers that are stuck- 2 recent ones were very tarted-out with fancy paint, lots of bolt-ons, but the biggest "mall crawler" clues were big tires on 22" rims. They had sidewalls not much taller than the sidewalls on my CTS with 45-series tires. They were in bad sand and I probably would have been stuck right beside them.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL

My 2-cents with Wave.

Nothing like AC!!!!

San Antonio here. We drove to New Braunfels on Saturday to go tubing. Had the sky-top open but it only lasted for 20 minutes until the Texas heat won. Apologized to my passengers and closed it up….lol
Plenty of Jeep waves though.

Last edited:

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Driving around yesterday in my wife's Lexus RX350 with the cooled seats on, it struck me as odd that Jeep only offers heated seats/steering wheel and not cooled. If I had to pick one to have, I would absolutely get a cooled seat vs a heated one.
Would be better but I have the AC on and both vents aimed at my face and that helps slow speed but then the wind blows myAC away and then it's damn. :swear:

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC

My 2-cents with Wave.

Nothing like AC!!!!

Spot on about the DFW waves.....I'm over in Carrollton and they look at me like Im crazy or ignore the wave. Usally I'm topless...but I got to say it was nice popping the top back up and hitting the air Saturday.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
One of my first cars was a convertible but I did not know the proper way to use one. My idea was to lower the top in the summer when it was very hot outside. I decided I didn't like convertibles. Of course if I had used the convertible properly I might have liked it more. Some years our season between winter and summer is about 2 weeks, sometimes it is longer.

I see videos on youtube of Wranglers that are stuck- 2 recent ones were very tarted-out with fancy paint, lots of bolt-ons, but the biggest "mall crawler" clues were big tires on 22" rims. They had sidewalls not much taller than the sidewalls on my CTS with 45-series tires. They were in bad sand and I probably would have been stuck right beside them.
I can take temps to maybe 90 but that's pushing it. Mid 80's yes. This spring heavy rains and now sun pulling that water out make it feel like the gulf coast. It's humid here normally but now it's above normal now. Friday was 96 and 70 % humidity and that is killer.

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Spot on about the DFW waves.....I'm over in Carrollton and they look at me like Im crazy or ignore the wave. Usally I'm topless...but I got to say it was nice popping the top back up and hitting the air Saturday.
AMEN !!!

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Yea Ted, mine is a stock Sahara. I love it but you’re absolutely right. Nobody waves. About a year ago I posted that I had given up waving. A few good hearted people in here convinced me to not give up so I continued on here in Road Rage NY.
About 3 weeks ago I passed 3 Jeep’s in about 5 minutes. I wave like a fool to nothing.
I’m done! I’ve got my friends like you right here in this forum. That’s enough.
I've got the opposite problem. There are soo many Jeeps around here and where I travel. It's very rare one doesn't wave at me in my basically stock Sahara. I get tired of waving. And sometimes I'm not paying attention and recognize another Jeep as it's passing and too late to wave and then I feel bad. It's the only part about driving my Jeep that I don't enjoy lol...

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've got the opposite problem. There are soo many Jeeps around here and where I travel. It's very rare one doesn't wave at me in my basically stock Sahara. I get tired of waving. And sometimes I'm not paying attention and recognize another Jeep as it's passing and too late to wave and then I feel bad. It's the only part about driving my Jeep that I don't enjoy lol...
Stay Wave Strong, my friend!!! :rock: I can spot Jeep way down the road. Habit now. Used to never pay attention till my son got his Jeep then I started seeing them. lol Then got sucked into Jeep land. :jk:;)

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
My wife's 80th anniversary GC has front heated /ventilated seats and rear heated only.

Wulfgang

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Retired
I guess mine would likely be a mall crawler. I'm on my 5th Jeep and haven't upgraded any of them beyond wheels or tires. I simply like driving a Jeep over any other vehicle. And I'm getting a good laugh at the mall crawler jokes. Keep 'em coming.

21 Jeep.jpg
Sponsored