Sponsored

Who has the most miles on their diesel Wrangler?

CaptStarboard

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brisbanejeepclub.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon 2.2L TD - "Jacko" Punk'n Orange (Old - 2010 Jeep KK Cherokee)
Australian 2.2L TD - 13,000km (roughly 8000 miles) and averaging 10.5L/100km (~22,4mpg) with that. About 1/2 the mileage is tow our offroad trailer (1.2T)... bought in Aug20... Absolutely no issues that I haven't caused....
Sponsored

Jlonz 3.0l

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk, 2007 Jeep Liberty, 2015 Jeep Wrangler, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
Electronic Tech
Just rolled over 50,000 miles. The 26th will be 10 months of wonderful ownership. Love the power and the fuel mileage. Have not had any issues thus far.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Just rolled over 50,000 miles. The 26th will be 10 months of wonderful ownership. Love the power and the fuel mileage. Have not had any issues thus far.
Wow. That's a lot of miles (I'm at a measly 3,500 after 6 months of ownership). Glad to hear that all is well. Encouraging.

Teddy B

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0
Just rolled over 10k after 9 months of ownership. Two trips to Moab, two trips between SLC and Oregon, one trip between SLC, Vegas, Phoenix, Sedona, Lake Powell back to SLC. Zero diesel issues. Knock on wood.

Flojo70

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20’ JLUD
7 months and 11500 miles so far I love the power and fuel economy currently at 30.2 mpg. Currently all stock but soon lift and 35’s so mileage out the door but shouldn’t be that bad.

Sponsored

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
West Texas Barn Find 1970 Kaiser Jeepster Commando
Vehicle Showcase
5600 miles of mostly problem free miles on the JLURD since March 2020. Couple issues I can't blame on the diesel.
1) Already replaced 1 windshield (I know welcome to Wrangler JL).
2) I never really did better than 26 mpg on mostly highway driving, used more DEF than I was expecting.
3) This is my first modern jeep, so I was expecting better highway manors. Above 70 really required active participation with both hands.
4) It had some dashboard quirks that I somewhat chalk up to the Tazer JL but I'm not sure.

Overall I've really enjoyed the diesel, but yesterday I bailed on it when someone offered me several thousand more than I paid. Great experience, didn't cost me anything to own it for over a year...keeping my options open on what's next. Bronco looks interesting maybe? Until then, I'll drive the old Jeep on the trails.

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How does "who has the most miles" translate to posts like "just hit 300?"
I think this just kind of turned into "Status of your Diesel Wrangler", cause no one is going to beat
Jlonz 3.0l

Sponsored

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
I know I don't. I just bought mine a couple of weeks ago. But I just got back from a 1,200 mile vacation road trip to Ouray, CO. So I'm sitting over 1,400 already.

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know I don't. I just bought mine a couple of weeks ago. But I just got back from a 1,200 mile vacation road trip to Ouray, CO. So I'm sitting over 1,400 already.
How long did it take to get yours? My first one was about 70 days. Don't think I'll buy another diesel, even though I loved it, maybe a Rubicon with a manual trans....Dealership recommended I take the deal to sell, they would be happy to order me another one for less.

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
5600 miles of mostly problem free miles on the JLURD since March 2020. Couple issues I can't blame on the diesel.
1) Already replaced 1 windshield (I know welcome to Wrangler JL).
2) I never really did better than 26 mpg on mostly highway driving, used more DEF than I was expecting.
3) This is my first modern jeep, so I was expecting better highway manors. Above 70 really required active participation with both hands.
4) It had some dashboard quirks that I somewhat chalk up to the Tazer JL but I'm not sure.

Overall I've really enjoyed the diesel, but yesterday I bailed on it when someone offered me several thousand more than I paid. Great experience, didn't cost me anything to own it for over a year...keeping my options open on what's next. Bronco looks interesting maybe? Until then, I'll drive the old Jeep on the trails.
I had similar setup. Nice on flipping it. Too much invested in mine for that to happen now.
14K miles in 6 months...no issues other than the ditto above

SargeRubi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
7008 miles but in the shop for 3 months waiting on part ( see my post). I drive 100 mile a day.