OP
Shak14

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
For those of you who installed these with the LED lights. Was it purely plug and play? I currently have halogen lights, but got the LED flares. If they just plug and play, I assume I will take the JScan and set it up for LED signals and DRLs?
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I'm confused. Are these supposed to be basically exact reproductions of factory flares or are they supposed to afford more room/space/clearance than factory?
Chinese factory clone

OP
OP
Shak14

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is holding well. I got the one with LED lights and noticed the amber turn signal is sequential. That was a surprise for me. Also, I received the paintable black with smooth surface. The color is slightly darker than the Sports texture one. @Moto_21 - did you receive the smooth or texture one?
Any issues with the LED sequential signals? Mine are throwing errors every now and again even after changing settings with JScan.

Sponsored

Radavi01

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Looks great! Now I gotta have a set. How did you resolve the error codes, and what is meant by "sequential" lights? They were not plug and play? Do you think these can be painted to match the body color? Sorry for all the questions!

OP
OP
Shak14

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! Now I gotta have a set. How did you resolve the error codes, and what is meant by "sequential" lights? They were not plug and play? Do you think these can be painted to match the body color? Sorry for all the questions!
Needed to install the inline resistor for the signals. Sequential lights are the kind that light up from inside out as the signal turns on.

Radavi01

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Needed to install the inline resistor for the signals. Sequential lights are the kind that light up from inside out as the signal turns on.
Are these paintable, in your opinion? Or are they the rough texture similar to the oem version?

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Anyone try these front AND rear rubicon fender flares that already come chopped with LEDs for 600?
https://amzn.to/3ilaqdf

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shak14

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are these paintable, in your opinion? Or are they the rough texture similar to the oem version?
They are paintable…Not a rough finish.

JLNYC227

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Shak, how close in color and texure are they to the rears? Been trying to find a set of mopar fenders but considering doing these for a chop bracket setup. Just dont want them to be too different looking. Thanks

Radavi01

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered front and rear and received them this week. As far as I can tell there is no difference in color and texture between front and rear. However, the rear ones don't fit without modification. Visualize grabbing a horseshoe, one end in each fist, and spreading it apart. That's what the rear flares are like. Anyone else have this problem with the rears?

JLNYC227

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
I ordered front and rear and received them this week. As far as I can tell there is no difference in color and texture between front and rear. However, the rear ones don't fit without modification. Visualize grabbing a horseshoe, one end in each fist, and spreading it apart. That's what the rear flares are like. Anyone else have this problem with the rears?
Could you kindly link the set? I was curious how much of a difference if any the ebay fenders were in color to oem as I was just going to order the fronts. Thanks