Uconnect 8.4 touch screen not responding

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Hello gents. My uconnect was running fine with CarPlay, and then all of a sudden the screen is not responsive anymore to touches. The radio works, and if I switch using the steering wheel control I can switch between satellite, am/fm, CarPlay music. Changing ac fan speed and temperature I see the changes on the screen. I just canā€™t press anything on the screen itself. Iā€™ve tried hitting the power button on the volume knob, the screen off button, I thought a simple turn off car and on would fix the glitch. Any tips?
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'd recommend a Tazer JL. You can reboot very easily and it only takes a couple minutes. Mine mostly works very well nowadays but probably once every couple months I have some quirk show up that requires a reboot. It always solves whatever problem is present.

OP
OP
m3lover1

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
I'd recommend a Tazer JL. You can reboot very easily and it only takes a couple minutes. Mine mostly works very well nowadays but probably once every couple months I have some quirk show up that requires a reboot. It always solves whatever problem is present.
oh I have one. I complete forgot about that. Iā€™ll try. Thanks

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
I worry every time mine updates but luckily it has never had any issues. It actually updated today while I was out...

Good luck with the reboot!

Sponsored

CAP77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
My Ram just did this today. Everything but the audio worked. Power cycle the truck solved it, and itā€™s happened maybe 3 times in the last 11 months. Leads me to expect the same behavior in the new JLU.

jabtyler

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jlur
Mine did that too, I used the tazer to reboot and it would fix it for one restart. Now it will not fix it at all. Anyone know the Mopar part number for a replacement screen / head unit?

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My 18 with 8.4 has started doing the non responsive screen. Its on colder mornings and by the afternoon everything is back to normal. Steering wheel controls work fine its just the touchscreen. At 103,500 miles its well out of warranty unless @JeepCares has an idea for me. I am gonna try to heat it with a hair dryer tomorrow morning.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My 18 with 8.4 has started doing the non responsive screen. Its on colder mornings and by the afternoon everything is back to normal. Steering wheel controls work fine its just the touchscreen. At 103,500 miles its well out of warranty unless @JeepCares has an idea for me. I am gonna try to heat it with a hair dryer tomorrow morning.
We're happy to research further information on this for you, thecritter. Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN and we can search from there.

Steph
Jeep Cares
Sponsored