Sponsored

What is one of the most overlooked features of your Jeep?

Fozzie4

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JL
Heated steering wheel without a doubt! I couldn't live without it now. My hands get cold fast from poor circulation and it's great to have on those chilly summer nights when the top is off :)
Sponsored

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Had this on our cherokee that I sold. Been driving around a beater that I have to press the fob to unlock and it's truly something you don't miss until you lose it.
It was a must-have for me. It's just super nice to be able to put my key in my pants pocket in the house, and just... not think about it until I get back home.

My current car also has a setting that automatically locks the car once it detects no key fobs are in range. I will miss that, too, and will have to start remembering to lock it when I walk away.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
The no-jacks (and everything easy to get to) oil change is so underrated. Just did my wife's Jeep last night... I did mine a few months ago, which was the first oil change I've ever bothered to do in the 30 years I've been driving.

Along the same lines... I'd never had a vehicle with a full-size spare before these Jeeps, so, the ability to rotate tires (5-tire rotate) by only jacking up one corner at a time is pretty nice.

Opening the hood and resting on the windshield instead of using the prop rod is pretty awesome (in the garage only of course - careful of wind!).

On a 2dr soft top with the back seats in and the top opened all the way, the top acts as a trunk lid of sorts. It may not be exactly secure storage, but it's at least hidden storage.

I've read you can run the freedom tops installed when the main part of the hardtop is off. That would be nice for the freeway or if you get a sudden shower, at least the front stays dry.

The cubby under the cargo area (if it's not used by the factory sub) is surprisingly useful storage space; there's more room in there than I expected and it's also relatively secured by the tailgate - it has really kept the clutter at bay.

The shallow compartment under the center console lid is a nice touch for things you don't want to be digging for in the large compartment (knife/emergency tool, etc)... and even though it won't stop a determined thief, the locking center console is great.

I haven't done it yet, but I'm planning on folding the windshield down to install a tint strip along the top, and that is glorious to not have to try to do that kind of work inside of the cab.

cthomas31

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Sport S Manual Soft top
Think i've read on this board that doing that will trigger a dashboard light to come on?
Yes it does trigger the auto off icon but it doesn’t bother me. Better than having to remember to hit the button every time I start the Jeep imo

Sponsored

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR, 88 YJ, 78 CJ-7 304
I did not know this about the XM radio --- very cool and will be used!! Thank you!!!
Wait until you learn the favorites button allows you add a song or group and no matter what channel it comes up it will let you know

Andy

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
Wait until you learn the favorites button allows you add a song or group and no matter what channel it comes up it will let you know

Andy
Wait...what?? I clearly have not looked into this enough.....Thank you!

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer

Andy
Even when the radio is "off". Took me weeks to figure out what all the beeping was about. (The radio is never "off".)

TMJL2018

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Technology & part-time Google mechanic
Clubs

The disable ESS button. Without it, I would need to spend cash money on some device to disable it. I can live with pushing the button right after the start button.
If you have an automatic, moving your shifter to to manual mode disables ESS and you don't have to press the button. Comes in very handy when you're offroading!

Sponsored

TMJL2018

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Technology & part-time Google mechanic
Clubs

Compared to a JK yeah it's easier. In a way it's probably also slightly easier than a TJ (4 bolt along the header for the JL vs 8 on the TJ plus the two on the side). But having that structure still in place you don't get the same open feeling that Jeeps of the past had. Also the windshield sits very high on the dash actually decreasing visibility. I'd also say that compared to a TJ they made removing the wipers much more difficult. The TJs had a sort of collar that you moved aside then lifted off the wiper. On the JL the nut is not difficult to remove but I seem to almost always need to grab my pulling tool to separate the wiper from the shaft. Overall, I prefer the TJ's windshield.

And really that's kind of the story I have for every feature of the JL compared to my TJ. The JL is more comfortable and probably better in every way, but when it comes to unique features of the Jeep there isn't much I can think of that wasn't the same or better on a TJ. Lighter doors? That's about all I really got. But while the doors are noticably lighter weight, for me I don't seem to find it to be much of a "life changing" improvement because they're still just as awkward I haven't been able to change how I carry or store them. Not needing to pull a fuse is nice, but pulling two sets of wires and undoing the bolt for the check strap is probably more of a pain than the fuse was.

I guess I'm just being very negative today? Why did I even buy this Jeep? :LOL:

EDIT: It just came to me! I'm an idiot... The swaybar disconnect button. That is truly a huge improvement over messing with disconnecting the end links all the time (or just removing the sway bar entirely which is what I ended up doing on the TJ).
My half doors on my YJ were lighter HAHA

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
The flat fenders are a nice place to place things.

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
I also enjoy that feature. Being in Michigan, I enjoy the fact that if you use the remote start, the heated seats and heated steering wheel turn on when the temp drops below 40 degrees.

Is that an automatic thing or does one have to search through to enable this feature. I hope it's not the latter, 'cause, I just can't find it. :facepalm:

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Is that an automatic thing or does one have to search through to enable this feature. I hope it's not the latter, 'cause, I just can't find it. :facepalm:
It's in the uConnect Settings>Seats & Comfort:

Jeep Wrangler JL What is one of the most overlooked features of your Jeep? 20210629_160325