Sponsored

PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Yes we are. And the color blends in so nicely with nature even the dog wants to ride instead of walk.

Jeep Wrangler JL PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club F0DA8667-51A7-4410-BB26-6E8AE7264E2C
I keep going back and forth between that Roam bumper and the factory knock off on Amazon. Still not sure which one to go with. But i really like that roam bumper. Are you still liking it? I wonder if it will fit the Harbour freight Badlands bumper.

5Petes

First Name
Rustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU in Punkn
I keep going back and forth between that Roam bumper and the factory knock off on Amazon. Still not sure which one to go with. But i really like that roam bumper. Are you still liking it? I wonder if it will fit the Harbour freight Badlands bumper.
I like it alright. Install was a bit of a pain with the rivnuts (steel frame with aluminum outer) but it’s solid and I’ve pulled cable a few times with it. It took a hit the aluminum end on a waterfall and didn’t crumple so that was nice. I like how I could hide the winch inside it and used the winch delete plate to keep the synthetic line covered since a normal cover would never go down inside.

I am not sure if the apex would fit. I have the X2O and it’s just small enough to fit under that cover and have the controller on top. The apex seems bigger to me but it likely would fit fine since they built the bumper around a warn, just likely not hidden like I have it.

Our Jeep is a daily first, toy second moderate wheeler so the different and a bit bigger bumper suits us well and is what drew me to it. If you’re a hardcore wheeler I’d go with a traditional box stubby with more clearance and a smaller profile for the strength.

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
I like it alright. Install was a bit of a pain with the rivnuts (steel frame with aluminum outer) but it’s solid and I’ve pulled cable a few times with it. It took a hit the aluminum end on a waterfall and didn’t crumple so that was nice. I like how I could hide the winch inside it and used the winch delete plate to keep the synthetic line covered since a normal cover would never go down inside.

I am not sure if the apex would fit. I have the X2O and it’s just small enough to fit under that cover and have the controller on top. The apex seems bigger to me but it likely would fit fine since they built the bumper around a warn, just likely not hidden like I have it.

Our Jeep is a daily first, toy second moderate wheeler so the different and a bit bigger bumper suits us well and is what drew me to it. If you’re a hardcore wheeler I’d go with a traditional box stubby with more clearance and a smaller profile for the strength.
You are alot more of a hardcore wheeler than I will ever be! I love the hardcore wheeler look though! ha ha. Yea i've had my eye on that bumper since it originally came out. I just really like the way it look. Most wheeling I do is a trip to the beach every year. Me and the fam air down to 15 psi and get out on the beach for a morning 4 or 5 days in a week. I do intend to do one of those 101 courses soon, but i doubt I'd do more than the easy trails.

Thanks for the info. 1 other question for you... that bumper cover those frame horn things? Does it have a skid, or is there a bumper skid that will fit under it (even if its a different brand).

Sponsored

5Petes

First Name
Rustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU in Punkn
You are alot more of a hardcore wheeler than I will ever be! I love the hardcore wheeler look though! ha ha. Yea i've had my eye on that bumper since it originally came out. I just really like the way it look. Most wheeling I do is a trip to the beach every year. Me and the fam air down to 15 psi and get out on the beach for a morning 4 or 5 days in a week. I do intend to do one of those 101 courses soon, but i doubt I'd do more than the easy trails.

Thanks for the info. 1 other question for you... that bumper cover those frame horn things? Does it have a skid, or is there a bumper skid that will fit under it (even if its a different brand).
Yes it has caps that cover them and a skid. That was one reason I went with this one bc I wanted to retain a skid.

It’s dirty from wheeling but here is a few pictures of what I did with it. Let me know if you have other questions.

3AFAB9DC-7F39-451C-9566-94CF6CF0569D.jpeg

920BCD9A-F0DF-47F4-A771-B69BC81788C5.jpeg

F8E82386-5A44-4C5D-A93C-1D6D1DD2B2DC.jpeg

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Yes it has caps that cover them and a skid. That was one reason I went with this one bc I wanted to retain a skid.

It’s dirty from wheeling but here is a few pictures of what I did with it. Let me know if you have other questions.

3AFAB9DC-7F39-451C-9566-94CF6CF0569D.jpeg

920BCD9A-F0DF-47F4-A771-B69BC81788C5.jpeg

F8E82386-5A44-4C5D-A93C-1D6D1DD2B2DC.jpeg
The more I see it on yours the more I like it all over again. Plus for the price having the skid plate included with a place for a winch, pretty sure when I pull the trigger I'm going this route. Thanks for sharing.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
I tip my hat to all you Punk’n owners... still my second favorite JL color behind Ocean Blue and sometimes I almost regret getting it and not going with Punk’n.
I tip my hat to all you Punk’n owners... still my second favorite JL color behind Hydro Blue and sometimes I almost regret getting it and not going with Punk’n.

there, fixed that for you😉

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I tip my hat to all you Punk’n owners... still my second favorite JL color behind Hydro Blue and sometimes I almost regret getting it and not going with Punk’n.

there, fixed that for you😉
You know what? You’re absolutely right. If HB had been available back in 2019 I might have gotten it instead of both OB and Punk’n.

Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
You know what? You’re absolutely right. If HB had been available back in 2019 I might have gotten it instead of both OB and Punk’n.
I’m just messing with you. I am truly glad all three colors were not a choice when I ordered mine. I would have gone nuts trying to decide, and constantly second guessing myself. As it is I still really like the Sarge Green and Mojito.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Jeep Wrangler JL PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club IMG_20210411_143148698_HDR
Jeep Wrangler JL PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club IMG_20210411_140828785_HDR

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Where is this?
Rowher Flat OHV Area. More specifically, the Bouquet Trail on the west side which is not very technical but long and narrow in places with great scenery.
Sponsored