Sponsored

Bestop Sunrider - Dealer Install?

Should I have dealer install Sunrider before I take delivery?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

So my JLUSA is on track to be ready to pick up from Gupton ~mid-July and I'll have a nice road trip home to DFW. I know I'm going to buy the Sunrider anyways - should I have Daniel's team install it before I even pick it up, or inspect the Freedom Panels for fit and seal first, then have him install?

The bonus/sneak of having Daniel roll the Sunrider into the price is I save ~$900 on my First Mods Budget, which the wife and I had agreed to previously. With Daniel's discount, I'm already paying several thousand less for the vehicle than we'd planned anyways.
Sponsored

dennis2society

First Name
dennis2society
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys - SOT - Etorque V6
Occupation
Procrastinator
Loved Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop. Was the first mod I installed myself - lots of youtube guides - very easy.

That being said, if they install for you and you get a discount, why not? Just make sure they gave you a new one. Also, I recommend the black twill. Inspected both that and vinyl and I liked thickness of former.

OP
OP
rcadden

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Loved Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop. Was the first mod I installed myself - lots of youtube guides - very easy.

That being said, if they install for you and you get a discount, why not? Just make sure they gave you a new one. Also, I recommend the black twill. Inspected both that and vinyl and I liked thickness of former.
Yeah, I know I'm going to get one either way, just figured I might as well get to enjoy it on our first ever road trip. Thanks for the tip - I was going back and forth between the two, so that's helpful.

dennis2society

First Name
dennis2society
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys - SOT - Etorque V6
Occupation
Procrastinator
Yeah, I know I'm going to get one either way, just figured I might as well get to enjoy it on our first ever road trip. Thanks for the tip - I was going back and forth between the two, so that's helpful.
Only thing you'd miss from dealer install is notice the comparison of how much louder the bestop is than the hardtop. Not huge but definitely noticeable wind noise difference. Hardtop seems to have a more deadening "seal" when doors close.

If all else equal, i'd just go with dealer install. Looking back, I might have just wanted bestop installed in beginning - would have avoided any unnecessary sound comparisons and regret-to-happiness cycles i put myself thru. If you want to go thru same emotional roller coaster, you can easily uninstall bestop and add hardtop again later- will take 5-10 to uninstall. Much faster than putting together and installing first time.
Sponsored