HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Hey all - I have a hydro blue 4xe on order and I'm trying to decide which license plate goes best with the color, or if I should just go for a standard FL plate with a custom random word :).

Any thoughts? Sorry for the trivial question, just something that's been on my mind.

oceans.jpg

lightning.jpg

gator.jpg
standard.jpg
My agreement with someone else’s $0.02 on personalized plates, unless they are really clever, that is😉

https://jalopnik.com/all-personalized-license-plates-are-bad-1794471076
Sponsored

AtomicDutchOven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 4XE
Thats a really good point about where the fees go, hadn't thought of it from that angle but I 100% agree and would be happy to support the cause.

Thanks!

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
Hey all - I have a hydro blue 4xe on order and I'm trying to decide which license plate goes best with the color, or if I should just go for a standard FL plate with a custom random word :).

Any thoughts? Sorry for the trivial question, just something that's been on my mind.

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club jeep-license-plate-02

Definitely Ocean

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys

I dunno if you like diving but the Scuba Diving license plate is pretty cool and I think goes with the Hydro Blue well. I may be biased because I think I might get that one for my Hydro too :LOL:

Sponsored

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
My turn for a trivial opinion question...

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club IMG_3841

Jeep Wrangler JL HYDRO BLUE Wrangler JL Club IMG_3842

So, please give me your thoughts, Hydro Blue Crew. Hinge covers or no?

Picked these up on Prime Day as a potential protection against getting any more rock chips on my hinges. They're cheap, thin plastic, but the fit is pretty decent. They also cover the lower hinge barrel, but I couldn't rest that piece on the hinge to take a test pic. The whole hinge would be covered if I decide to do it.

They're glossy, so don't match the matte trim. But it's a 4 door kit, so I've got an extra set of hinges I can experiment with perhaps spraying some matte clearcoat on.

Downside would be potential issues with using my old doorless mirrors that fit over the hinge barrel.

A friend of mine thought the pic looked great. But I'm still on the fence.

So, what say you? Yay or nay?

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I have the same ones on my Amazon list. I like the look, but I don't like that the blue bolts poke through.

I'd go with yes. The more I look at Hydro, the better I think it looks broken up with black here and there.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I have the same ones on my Amazon list. I like the look, but I don't like that the blue bolts poke through.

I'd go with yes. The more I look at Hydro, the better I think it looks broken up with black here and there.
Yeah, the black highlights really look good on this color. But I'm kinda iffy about the blue bolts shining through, too.

I think I'm going to spray the extra hinges matte, see how I like it, then decide. Worst case, I can always peel them back off if I don't like them. It'll certainly look better than getting another big nasty rock chip, at any rate. Ha.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Yeah, the black highlights really look good on this color. But I'm kinda iffy about the blue bolts shining through, too.

I think I'm going to spray the extra hinges matte, see how I like it, then decide. Worst case, I can always peel them back off if I don't like them. It'll certainly look better than getting another big nasty rock chip, at any rate. Ha.
definitely keep us posted here.

Sponsored

Jeeper4xe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
My turn for a trivial opinion question...

So, please give me your thoughts, Hydro Blue Crew. Hinge covers or no?

Picked these up on Prime Day as a potential protection against getting any more rock chips on my hinges. They're cheap, thin plastic, but the fit is pretty decent. They also cover the lower hinge barrel, but I couldn't rest that piece on the hinge to take a test pic. The whole hinge would be covered if I decide to do it.

They're glossy, so don't match the matte trim. But it's a 4 door kit, so I've got an extra set of hinges I can experiment with perhaps spraying some matte clearcoat on.

Downside would be potential issues with using my old doorless mirrors that fit over the hinge barrel.

A friend of mine thought the pic looked great. But I'm still on the fence.

So, what say you? Yay or nay?
I like them! I thought about doing them as well, especially with having my top being blue. Planning on doing black grill inserts too.

IrishJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 T&C, '17 Grand Cherokee, '21 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Technical Writer
I ordered them as well and plan to plastidip them to get the matte finish.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yep, that's them!

I picked up some matte clearcoat spraypaint and going to paint one set this weekend. I think I'm gonna do it, either way. But if the matte ones look better, I'll go with those.

I do think it looks good the more I look at it!

Wonder

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR (aka Juno) - Hydro Blue
Finally picked my JLURD up yesterday! Ordered on 03/29. I got it from @RobTrachtman, he's a great guy to work with and I highly recommend him if you are from the SoCal area.

This is EXACTLY what mine will look like, when it eventually arrives. October is such a long time away!
Sponsored