Ordered my 392 today - like a kid in a candy store

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
Hello all, I couldn't resist. It was a very tough decision between Sarge Green and Sting Gray. Ultimately, the Sarge won out with the satin black grill. As an Army veteran, both colors have a military theme to them with the non metallic paints, so I could have flipped a coin really. Nonetheless, I got the Extreme Recon tire package, sky one touch, tow package, tailgate reinforcement, trail rail mgmt. system, black satin grille, off road camera, and a few other goodies including gorilla glass. Now the waiting and purchasing accessories begins :rock: . VON: 49825575
EDIT: I changed back to Sarge Green. It’s rare and has my beloved Army theme. Final decision. Also, I was able to add the Extreme Recon Tire package that my dealer said is available to add today. I also added the gorilla glass. Now my build is complete!
Sponsored

Last edited:

felixk2

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Did you have to visit the dealership? When i ordered my JL back in 2018 I was able to do it over the phone. I'm having a tough time finding a dealer to do that now...

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you have to visit the dealership? When i ordered my JL back in 2018 I was able to do it over the phone. I'm having a tough time finding a dealer to do that now...
No, never stepped foot into the dealership. However, the dealer I ordered from is a small Jeep dealer in a rural NY town. I don't know if that plays a part, but sometimes the smaller players are more old school and easier to work with in my humble opinion. Hopefully you will find a dealer that will work with you over the phone. Heck, in today's world, I am surprised that more aren't willing to do business without face to face interaction. Good luck and hope it all works out for you:fingerscrossed:

felixk2

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
No, never stepped foot into the dealership. However, the dealer I ordered from is a small Jeep dealer in a rural NY town. I don't know if that plays a part, but sometimes the smaller players are more old school and easier to work with in my humble opinion. Hopefully you will find a dealer that will work with you over the phone. Heck, in today's world, I am surprised that more aren't willing to do business without face to face interaction. Good luck and hope it all works out for you:fingerscrossed:
Thanks! Enjoy the 392!

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392

I ordered without going to the dealer. No issues.

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Hey Felix, just to share, we bought our last 4 vehicles completely over the phone. The first two, which we ordered from a dealer in Virginia (while we still lived in NJ) we had shipped to us, so we never once set foot in the dealership. (one in 2017, and the other in 2019, so both were pre-pandemic.) The second two were both during the pandemic, but were both close enough to our new home in Chicago to drive home. (including our 392 in April, from a dealership about an hour outside of town). But other than physically picking the cars up to drive them home, we did absolutely everything else via the phone.

In hindsight, all four were from dealerships in small towns, so Paul’s similar statement about his also being from a small dealer in a rural town could very well be the key to finding someone willing.

Hope this helps, good luck with your search!

-Rob

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Congrats @PaulNY !

I just did the same. Order in. done completely over the phone. Black, dual doors and tow. Thats it!
Hey Mike, if you’d like any pics of “your” 392, ;) hit me up, that’s almost identical to mine. Just don’t ask for any pics of the half-doors, we’re just finishing up heavy pollen season here, so I have yet to unbox them, or even take the top off.

-Rob

Torn891

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Just sold. On the prowl for a 392
Hey Mike, if you’d like any pics of “your” 392, ;) hit me up, that’s almost identical to mine. Just don’t ask for any pics of the half-doors, we’re just finishing up heavy pollen season here, so I have yet to unbox them, or even take the top off.

-Rob
Sure......make me drool over here!!!! Absolutely would love to see it. Hoping the half doors don't delay delivery. As of today you can only get the 1/2 doors on a black configuration

Sponsored

felixk2

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Placed an order! Got my VON and checked the status. They can't schedule a build date even...anyone have a build date yet?

Last edited:

felixk2

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Hello all, I couldn't resist. It was a very tough decision between Sarge Green and Sting Gray. Ultimately, the Sarge won out with the satin black grill. As an Army veteran, both colors have a military theme to them with the non metallic paints, so I could have flipped a coin really. Nonetheless, I got the Extreme Recon tire package, sky one touch, tow package, tailgate reinforcement, trail rail mgmt. system, black satin grille, off road camera, and a few other goodies including gorilla glass. Now the waiting and purchasing accessories begins :rock: . VON: 49825575
EDIT: I changed back to Sarge Green. It’s rare and has my beloved Army theme. Final decision. Also, I was able to add the Extreme Recon Tire package that my dealer said is available to add today. I also added the gorilla glass. Now my build is complete!
Any updates on your order? Have a build date yet?

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any updates on your order? Have a build date yet?
No, at one time I was told my 392 was in D1 status, then told it was not, then told it was, then recently told it was not. Supposedly, it's been "escalated" but who knows what that really means. I don't think a single 392 with the X-Recon has been built or scheduled to be built...at least, from what I have read. So, still am in holding status like so many of us.

felixk2

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
No, at one time I was told my 392 was in D1 status, then told it was not, then told it was, then recently told it was not. Supposedly, it's been "escalated" but who knows what that really means. I don't think a single 392 with the X-Recon has been built or scheduled to be built...at least, from what I have read. So, still am in holding status like so many of us.
I got my VIN, but no build date yet. Also got the recon package...I keep updating the window sticker daily with my VIN:

https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=[INSERT VIN HERE]

Post here if you get any updates and i'll do the same...

felixk2

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
@PaulNY Any updates? I still haven't seen a single Recon Package 392 delivered. You hear anything from your dealer?
Sponsored