Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Since there is an embargo until Friday, can you hint if we will learn friday when this will be available to order or just start to get the "coming soon" details without any dates for quite a while.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
There’s actually very little substance beyond the specs in the press release as far as pricing or availability. I suspect that will come closer to model year changeover.

Since there is an embargo until Friday, can you hint if we will learn friday when this will be available to order or just start to get the "coming soon" details without any dates for quite a while.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
There’s actually very little substance beyond the specs in the press release as far as pricing or availability. I suspect that will come closer to model year changeover.
So just enough detail to get people still on the fence between the Bronco and Wrangler to hold out a bit longer lol. Hopefully we get more Information after Friday. My guess is that this is to take the sails out of the upcoming Bronco Warthog or whatever it will be called. (The 392 is already out, but the 392 and 35" tires etc. will give it a good run)

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
It’s the average amount of times per day that JLU owners wish they bought what the arrow is pointing to.

Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Sahara Unlimited
I suspect that will come closer to model year changeover.
And when might that be? Been holding out for some earth tone colors before I order a Gladiator and they’ve discontinued my third color choice (Silver) so I’m sitting here waiting on the reemergence of Mango Tango Pearl, Gobi, or Gator before placing an order…

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
In every previous year as far back as I care to remember, FCA (now Stellantis) moves the model year needle forward on 9/1 for most carryover product. This just means a formal announcement of new and updated features, not that they start selling them on 9/1. This year though all that goes out the window so haven’t a clue. Might still be 9/1, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s later.

And when might that be? Been holding out for some earth tone colors before I order a Gladiator and they’ve discontinued my third color choice (Silver) so I’m sitting here waiting on the reemergence of Mango Tango Pearl, Gobi, or Gator before placing an order…

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Some dealers have reported that '21 ends Dec 4th and '22 starts Dec 6th. That would mean order books likely opening Sept-Oct.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Sahara Unlimited
Damn that’s a long wait. But, been 59 years without a Gladiator so what’s a few more months??? Gonna be my retirement present (Dec 31st). Will definitely wait on a color I like, or get a used Gobi if that doesn’t come to fruition.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Ground clearance
How does a Rubicon with 10.8" ground clearance today get to 12.9" with just 35" tires? It is gaining a full 2" ground clearance with only 1" more tire. the lift would not impact ground clearance. unless they relocated shocks etc. to make the lowest point higher or something this must actually have 37" tires to raise the lowest point that much.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
How does a Rubicon with 10.8" ground clearance today get to 12.9" with just 35" tires? It is gaining a full 2" ground clearance with only 1" more tire. the lift would not impact ground clearance. unless they relocated shocks etc. to make the lowest point higher or something this must actually have 37" tires to raise the lowest point that much.
Because that's not how ground clearance is measured.

edit: i was wrong. Seen it done wrong and thought it was correct.

Last edited:

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Because that's not how ground clearance is measured.
Since when? Ground clearance is taken at the lowest point normally, but assuming they use any fixed point that is not the frame or body it will always only rise 1/2 the added tire height. look at a sport or sahara vs rubicon ground clearance. it is only 1" more, but 2" tire size difference. if the new recon edition gets 35" tires (actually less if a 315/70/17) it would only yield 1" more ground clearance.
Sponsored