Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Ugh. I can't seem to find this knock-off bumper on eBay or Amazon. Hope it's just a short-term supply issue.
Sponsored

Breault720

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Freedom Edition
2021 JLURD. Yep, Rubicon Diesel. I ordered it with the plastic bumper group.
I went with the KAFU steel bumper from Amazon, $450, free shipping.
It came with everything I needed:
Bumper, ends, winch delete plate, LED fog lights, fog light brackets for stock LED fog lights, winch plate, bull bar, flip-up license plate bracket, plastic trim pieces, nuts and bolts. NO instructions.
I installed it in an afternoon, by myself. Originally used all their parts and bolted the winch in place. Went on okay, a bit tight when hanging it on the frame brackets. Fog lights plugged right in. Looks good. I also bought plastic plugs for the holes (they show up on Amazon as an add-on).
Went back to it a week later to hook up the winch. Decided to pull the bumper and mod a bit. I replaced the KAFU LED fogs with the stock LED fogs, better light. The brackets worked great. I put the factory mounts/hooks on in place of the KAFU ones. Hey, they are factory Rubicon, why not? Winch controller mounted on the frame, out of site. Replaced my old steel cable with a new synthetic one, in blue, to match the Jeep.
I have since added a RockJock tow base plate. Bolts to the frame and the bumper. Designed for Factory steel bumper, but bolted right up.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0856YHW5M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_6379.jpg

IMG_6398.jpg

IMG_6402_LI.jpg

IMG_6404.jpg

IMG_6504.jpg

IMG_6524.jpg
How did you mount the smitty controller up?

RubiBlueJLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Structural Technician
How did you mount the smitty controller up?
On the end you can see, I bolted an L-shaped piece of sheet metal to the body mount. Bent it to shape and used one of the screws for to control cover to mount it.
On the end you can’t see, I made another L-shaped bracket. This one, again, screwed to the cover, but it has a slotted hole that slid under the bumper “horn” bolt, which I then tightened down with a wrench.
No added holes!
Sorry, didn’t get pictures of it.

RubiBlueJLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Structural Technician
I see this bumper is not plug and play. Anyone successfully rewire the included led fogs to match up to the jeep's plug in? If it worked for you will you please post pics or part numbers? If you can also briefly explain how you accomplished this that would be great.

I'm stuck here and don't have the fogs from the previous bumper.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, no pics!

Actually, mine came with the fog lights, installed harness and a short adapter on the end. It plugged directly into the factory plug on MY 21 Rubi with LED light package. Maybe I got lucky? Or is it an LED Light Package deal.

I had pulled the factory wire and fog lights out of my plastic bumper to use, but went with the supplied fog lights, as time got the best of me. As I said, it plugged right in. I have since pulled the bumper and replaced the fog lights and harness with the factory fogs and harness - better light.

Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)

RubiBlueJLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Structural Technician
Maybe I'm doing somthing wrong, but this bumper is labeled as compatible with JKs (2007-2018).
My bad. Screwed it up. Deleted my post.
Sorry, all.

Sponsored

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
I looked through this thread (boy, sure is long) and I couldn't find anything confirming or dismissing whether 2020 bumpers will work on 2021.

I thought the body was exactly the same between the two years, but lots of bumpers shown on eBay and Amazon list that they work on "...2018/19/20..." but don't mention 2021. Someone on here asked one seller and they got a no, but I'm not sure why.

Specially, I'm looking for steel (and need the rear to have park sense holes) to fit a still forthcoming 2021 JLUR that I was too stupid to order the steel bumper package on.

Would appreciate it if someone could answer or link me to to the post that answers this once and for all.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I looked through this thread (boy, sure is long) and I couldn't find anything confirming or dismissing whether 2020 bumpers will work on 2021.

I thought the body was exactly the same between the two years, but lots of bumpers shown on eBay and Amazon list that they work on "...2018/19/20..." but don't mention 2021. Someone on here asked one seller and they got a no, but I'm not sure why.

Specially, I'm looking for steel (and need the rear to have park sense holes) to fit a still forthcoming 2021 JLUR that I was too stupid to order the steel bumper package on.

Would appreciate it if someone could answer or link me to to the post that answers this once and for all.
Quadratic lists 21 fitment on the same mopar part number
https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/full-width-rubicon-front-bumper-jeep-wrangler-jl-82215121ab

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)

The vendors are just too lazy to update their listings for the new model year.

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
The vendors are just too lazy to update their listings for the new model year.
Thanks… I was hoping that was the case, but that is such a quick easy thing for them to update I started to second guess myself.
Sponsored