Sponsored

I have had it!!! #FreeMyJeep - end the KZ status!!!

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Ok...I can't stand it any more.

Did Jeep just screw up and keep building the JK too long. Stopping on 4/9 seems to be a mistake. Especially when they had more than 27,000 JLs ordered in March if I am not mistaken. Are they holding back the JLs to see if they can sell the JKs and all our worries over defects, quality issues and what not is just because some idiot didn't turn off the JK line or equally dumb started the JL line to soon? Not sure what has happened but I am told its sitting there in Ohio....outside...in the sun, in the cold...with other JEEPs waiting to find their owners. They want to be free and get out in the wild. They want to crawl over rocks, thrash the dunes and kick up mud. Instead they are sitting and rotting away..... #FreeMyJeep
Sponsored

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
When did you order?

My 12/28/2017 order just got delivered today, 110 days after ordering.

Welcome to the party.
Congrats on FINALLY getting yours!

ManLovesRobot

First Name
Manus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Willys
Vehicle Showcase
When did you order?

Welcome to the party.
I ordered on the same day. I am really happy to hear you got yours! My Rubi still appears to be in KZ limbo.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I ordered on the same day. I am really happy to hear you got yours! My Rubi still appears to be in KZ limbo.
I honestly feel that there was an issue with a batch of vehicles. Whether it be a part or a repair of some type. It would explain the large batch of orders that have been held up when newer orders have been shipping fine

Sponsored

OP
OP
xeon

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
When did you order?

Welcome to the party.
Thank you for the warm welcome. The people on this forum have been really helpful. I am not a Jeep Owner yet...but so excited to be one. I placed my order on 1/18 so today is only 90 days fo me.

Congratulations on getting yours. You must be thrilled.

#FreeMyJeep

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Thank you for the warm welcome. The people on this forum have been really helpful. I am not a Jeep Owner yet...but so excited to be one. I placed my order on 1/18 so today is only 90 days fo me.

Congratulations on getting yours. You must be thrilled.

#FreeMyJeep
Something worth noting: my JL was the FIRST dealership arrival for Monterey Bay Jeep in California. Tons of dealers here haven't even received a single JL yet.

While the east coast is covered in them. Some dealerships have 10+ JL's sitting on their lots out there.

FCA definitely has east coast preference. The less they ship out here the less their shipping costs will be, I suppose.

OP
OP
xeon

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon

I am in KZ limbo with you. My dealer logs in and it shows KZS. JeepCare only shows KZ and unfortunately was not able to tell me the difference although from other sources it seems the "S" for storage. I think the worst part was JeepCares. After asking basic questions....I got the same robotic reply. "I have no information to go on. Thats all the information I have." Didn't seem to matter what the question. The person on the other end probably as fed up as we are I guess.

ManLovesRobot

First Name
Manus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I am in KZ limbo with you. My dealer logs in and it shows KZS. JeepCare only shows KZ and unfortunately was not able to tell me the difference although from other sources it seems the "S" for storage. I think the worst part was JeepCares. After asking basic questions....I got the same robotic reply. "I have no information to go on. Thats all the information I have." Didn't seem to matter what the question. The person on the other end probably as fed up as we are I guess.
Yep Jeep chat/cares whatever always tell me how quality matters and to keep checking. Today it changed from ETA 16th-20th to 19th-23rd. She said I should check back tomorrow because it's the 19th. :movember: ;):angry:

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Ok...I can't stand it any more.

Did Jeep just screw up and keep building the JK too long. Stopping on 4/9 seems to be a mistake. Especially when they had more than 27,000 JLs ordered in March if I am not mistaken. Are they holding back the JLs to see if they can sell the JKs and all our worries over defects, quality issues and what not is just because some idiot didn't turn off the JK line or equally dumb started the JL line to soon? Not sure what has happened but I am told its sitting there in Ohio....outside...in the sun, in the cold...with other JEEPs waiting to find their owners. They want to be free and get out in the wild. They want to crawl over rocks, thrash the dunes and kick up mud. Instead they are sitting and rotting away..... #FreeMyJeep
At least she’s not alone

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Well I am told there are MAJOR shipping issues. Current orders appear to be going through faster. I think that they have them stored in so many places it’s hard to sort through them.
I’ve also been told 1800 are waiting for “repairs “. No further info on that.

ManLovesRobot

First Name
Manus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I hit KZS today according to my dealer. I knew I heard KZS somewhere else today. I even asked around about and duh you mentioned it in a reply to me earlier today. How long have you been in kZS?

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I think what has happened started with holding a lot of Jeeps back for the soft top shortage. That combined with rail issues, has filled up the storage yards.
They are not slowing production, and making between 800-900 per day. Since they have no where to store them, new orders are getting shipped first, with spots on trucks and rail cars filled in with some from the backlog.
Not exactly fair, but probably most practical on their end.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
Well I am told there are MAJOR shipping issues. Current orders appear to be going through faster. I think that they have them stored in so many places it’s hard to sort through them.
I’ve also been told 1800 are waiting for “repairs “. No further info on that.
What kind of repairs???

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
What kind of repairs???
Just another FYI, Mopar is now acknowledging that there is a problem with the springs, they are in the process of fixing the problem. So anyone who has purchased a 2" Mopar lift will at some point be exchanging your springs for new ones. From what I understand, this fix is supposed to be happening in the next couple of weeks. The fix, not the exchange! Did you really think it would be that fast??
Sponsored