Sponsored

What is one of the most overlooked features of your Jeep?

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
The auxiliary switches......on all my previous Jeeps, it’s always a toggle switch under the dash, or a pod on top of the dash, or buttons on the pillar, etc... I know it’s a Jeep, and that’s how we roll in a Jeep. But this is the JL, and it’s taking us into a new refinement rabbit hole, and these switches are badass! I mean did you ever think you’d hear us saying how sweet the heated seats and steering wheel is or the remote start, lol. I also love the fact you can configure how you want them to work, always hot, on with ignition, etc.... And the fact they’re DONE... just plug and play........Just little shit.....🙂.
What are your main uses of the aux switches?
Sponsored

N875ED

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Here’s a really unique feature….

In order to improve fuel mileage on my 2.0T, the oil pump actually has two modes. At high load conditions, the oil pressure is higher than at low power states. Check it out for yourself…bring up thr pressure gauge then go for a drive.

This makes sense…why use energy to pressurize the oil when not needed? At first I thought the pump was bad, but it is very repeatable. How clever is that??

Folks, See if this is true on other engines.

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
The incredible ability of the Brake-Lock Differential. Everyone goes on and on about LSD and lockers, but, those in reality are only needed for obstacles in the 98th percentile. This version of the BLD is smooth functioning and ensures that even the most bone stock wranglers can do amazing things off road.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
That hint of a growl with the windows down with a spirited bit of acceleration from the stop light. The heavy truck like feel of the suspension, feels solid and planted, purposeful, you know it can go anywhere, with mine I have pretty much every option (not options in Australia, just added the Lux pack and steel bar everything else is standard other than body coloured hardtop), so it feels like a luxury truck :)

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What are your main uses of the aux switches?
I have my lockers hooked to 3 and 4 and a relay for my winch on 1. Switch 2 is currently open at the moment.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
I love the keyless proximity entry. Sounds lame, but whatever. I love it. Also the heated steering wheel....
Keyless proximity entry is not lame. I had this on my Mustang and even though I absolutely loved it, I decided to go without on the Jeep because I figured a good portion of the time I'll have the doors off anyway. I wish I had opted to included it anyway. It's just one of those things that's convenient as hell but you don't realize it until you have it for a while and then don't. I'm sure I will get used to it, but I walk out to my Jeep so many times and try to open the door only to realize it's still locked and I have to pull the fob out to unlock the doors.

Sponsored

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Easily removable rear seat on a 2 dr.
Yes!! If it didn't have this, it is very possible I may have stayed with my truck and crawler TJ for wheeling. Or even worse... a 4 door!
Ok 4 door guys and gals, calm down.. I am just kidding, I was actually fairly close to getting a 4 door but couldn't get past how much I love the 2 doors.
Anyways, yes, having no seat in the back makes the 2 door useable enough for me to daily drive it.

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
I really like the fact that the side window opening is flush across the body & interior door panel, so you can rest your arm in the open window without the window seal sticking up and digging into your arm. That little bit there took some deliberate thought, and I tip my hat to the guy behind it.

This is a good one. I noticed the first day that it was unusually comfortable driving arm out but didn't give it much thought. Great call on a small detail.

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
-The grab handles for climbing in are pretty sweet.
- the aux switches make wiring accessory lights a breeze. I added a 4 position terminal to this under the hood to make it even easier.
- the door handles are great. No more button to push.
-The fact that you can put the windshield down without losing the protection of the roll cage.

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
For me, the fact that the Sirius/XM radio has that "Replay" feature. Yes, it's nice to be able to go back and listen to a song from the beginning, but the absolute BEST part is that, on all of your Favorite stations, the songs automatically start at the beginning when you switch to that station! I can go through all 10 stations, and it's always on the first part of the song.

I've had XM since ~2003 (maybe?), and have listened to the last half of my favorite songs thousands of times. Now, because it's always at the beginning of the song when I switch stations, I'm hearing the beginnings of the songs.

And, unlike many other great features (aux switches, easily removable top/doors, etc.), this is a feature that I appreciate every 3-5 minutes while driving!
I did not know this about the XM radio --- very cool and will be used!! Thank you!!!

iamstillvince

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
The disable ESS button. Without it, I would need to spend cash money on some device to disable it. I can live with pushing the button right after the start button.
agree, i honestly didn't get why people hated ess until hot weather, now I'm like don't ruin my air conditioning
Sponsored