Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I was in the 18's with a trip to Winter Park and back... That's with full send up that hill too. lol
I do think Jeep did a great job as far as getting the mileage of the Wrangler up from what it used to be. I was leaning heavily towards another Ram 1500 until the JL was announced due to the JK's lower numbers in comparison.

Not that I would throw a JK out of the driveway, I just wanted to go up in mileage with my daily driver.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
I do think Jeep did a great job as far as getting the mileage of the Wrangler up from what it used to be. I was leaning heavily towards another Ram 1500 until the JL was announced due to the JK's lower numbers in comparison.

Not that I would throw a JK out of the driveway, I just wanted to go up in mileage with my daily driver.
being my DD I went with the 2.0L just for the extra couple mpg. However, I do like the spunk that little 4 banger has with the turbo!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link

The Jeep makes a fine daily driver.

Especially now with the working from home and all... :CWL:

The more I mess with it, the less commuter friendly it becomes though. Should have left well enough alone, but where is the fun in that?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
being my DD I went with the 2.0L just for the extra couple mpg. However, I do like the spunk that little 4 banger has with the turbo!
That was my initial direction, but since the 2.0 was delayed so long, I went and got one with the V6. When I did get to drive a 2.0 I liked it, but not to the point where I felt like it would have been worth trading in for one.

Also about 9 months after I bought my Jeep, a Firecracker Red 2.0 Sport S with hard top showed up at the dealer, suspiciously equipped exactly like my order sheet... :movember: I think they just went ahead and ordered it for dealer stock and didn't care I wasn't going to buy it because I bought a more expensive Sahara off the lot.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The Jeep makes a fine daily driver.

Especially now with the working from home and all... :CWL:

The more I mess with it, the less commuter friendly it becomes though. Should have left well enough alone, but where is the fun in that?
I won't fault you for modding, lol.

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
This is the article I'm interested in

https://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-bronco-specs-horsepower-torque-official/

The V-6 was originally estimated at 310 hp and 400 lb-ft, so how'd it fare with the revised specs? Another healthy bump: it's now set to make 330 hp and 415 lb-ft—a 20 hp and 15 lb-ft bump—on premium fuel. On regular fuel, the six-cylinder makes 315 hp and 410 lb-ft. The differences are a little less dramatic, although the delta between the V-6 and the I-4 is still roughly the same.

You get all that torque at <=3000RPM

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This is the article I'm interested in

https://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-bronco-specs-horsepower-torque-official/

The V-6 was originally estimated at 310 hp and 400 lb-ft, so how'd it fare with the revised specs? Another healthy bump: it's now set to make 330 hp and 415 lb-ft—a 20 hp and 15 lb-ft bump—on premium fuel. On regular fuel, the six-cylinder makes 315 hp and 410 lb-ft. The differences are a little less dramatic, although the delta between the V-6 and the I-4 is still roughly the same.
I saw that they boosted the power recently. Maybe the testers wanted a bit more power after driving the pre-productions?

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
I saw that they boosted the power recently. Maybe the testers wanted a bit more power after driving the pre-productions?
Dunno, I think the article suggests that Ford often low-balls on the specs.

But yeah, those EPA MPG numbers are always optimistic especially for someone like me with a lead foot. I think in reality I'd get 14-15 MPGs on a 2.7L equiped Bronco. Which is about what I get in my one fiddy.

" As Ford is wont to do, the initial power and torque figures were estimates pending final calibration. Now that things have been calibrated, though, there's a happy surprise: more power. "

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Dunno, I think the article suggests that Ford often low-balls on the specs.

But yeah, those EPA MPG numbers are always optimistic especially for someone like me with a lead foot. I think in reality I'd get 14-15 MPGs on a 2.7L equiped Bronco. Which is about what I get in my one fiddy.

" As Ford is wont to do, the initial power and torque figures were estimates pending final calibration. Now that things have been calibrated, though, there's a happy surprise: more power. "
Yeah that "Your Mileage May Vary" disclaimer is crucial. I've hit high 20s in some of the EcoBoost trucks here at work, and even one of the Cummins trucks (3500 single cab chassis, not the big monster 5500s) I think I'm the only one here that doesn't have a "Drive it like you stole it" plus "it ain't my truck" mentality. We're talking single digits, even if they aren't pulling a trailer.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Planted this guy today. Now I'll rest until next week.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 62A9CE63-376F-4FD3-BFCB-9C28D4E1979F_1_105_c
Sponsored