spurly

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Just an update for everyone, the shop fell behind on production a little. Between steel allocations and short handed, they're back logged. I have everything else at the house (rivnuts, bus bars, wire, etc) ready to go. So once I get the brackets I'm hoping I should be able to knock them out within a week or two. Thanks for being patient.
Sponsored

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just an update for everyone, the shop fell behind on production a little. Between steel allocations and short handed, they're back logged. I have everything else at the house (rivnuts, bus bars, wire, etc) ready to go. So once I get the brackets I'm hoping I should be able to knock them out within a week or two. Thanks for being patient.
I, for one, appreciate you for designing and offer it to us. Thank you for sharing your idea and making it happen!

joe

OP
OP
spurly

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Alright, here's an update for everyone.

I met up with @Terminex today because we both live in Omaha. He just picked up a new 4XE so I wanted to do a test fit with both brackets. The ground bus bar bracket will work. The 4XE has the same holes in the passenger fender.

However the 'rock light' bracket on the driver side, does not look like it will fit. (I didn't have the brackets with me because the fabrication shop currently has them so they can draw them up, I did have the CAD drawings though) I have a 2019 3.6 (non-etorque) with a standard brake booster. Apparently the 4XE doesn't have a standard brake booster and appears to have a vacuum pump instead. The entire brake fluid reservoir, abs system, and vacuum pump all sit closer to the firewall which appears to get in the way of the bracket.

Here is my Jeep. (Ignore the loose wires because I don't have the bracket installed)
20210705_142556.jpg

Here is the 4XE. You can see the 2 differences in the brake system.
20210705_143858.jpg

I'll be able to confirm with 100% certainty once I get my brackets back from the shop this week.

Is there anyone with a different engine configuration (3.6 E-Torque, 2.0 non-etorque, 2.0 etorque, 3.0 diesel) that might have a different braking system that either of the 2 pictured above?

Ezun

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Vehicle Showcase
Interested - specifically in the bus bar bracket.

Last edited:
OP
OP
spurly

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Interested - specifically in the bus bar bracket.
Do you want one or both if the brackets?

The shop sent me the cad drawings to review and I made one final minor change and gave the go ahead to cut them out. Hopefully I'll have the brackets within a week. I'll keep everyone posted.

Sponsored

OP
OP
spurly

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Good news everyone! Brackets were cut out last week when I was on vacation so I picked them up yesterday. I'm working on bending them all into shape this week so hopefully I can get them all complete soon hopefully.

Shelby73

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Awesome can’t wait to get a set getting ready to install our rock lights

OP
OP
spurly

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I think I underestimated the amount of time it was going to take me to put these all together.

Got all the brackets bent, now cleaning them up with my die grinder because there are grinder marks from the shop where they cleaned up the edges. My little pancake compressor is really struggling to keep up though so I can only do 1 or 2 at a time to give it time to cool off between runs.

20210801_143643.jpg

OP
OP
spurly

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I painted and installed the ground bus bar & bracket. Thanks to @spurly for the effort. I used a Honda touch up paint that is a closer match to Firecracker Red than the lighting in the photo suggests.

The label is my own addition. ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL Underhood Wiring Brackets - Gauging Interest 20210801_143643

The bracket doesn't make contact with the pneumatic strut when the hood is closed. There's also fair clearance between the bracket and the factory grounding studs that are now underneath the bracket.
So Heimker has the very first bracket. He's one of the few people that just ordered the ground bus bar bracket. I have a few more people to contact for payment and address who ordered just the ground bus bracket. For those of you waiting on both brackets, I just need to make it over to my buddies shop to use his welder then I'll be ready to ship. Working on rebuilding my deck this weekend so hopefully this next week I can get them welded up. Thanks for your patience.

Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Just a reminder i can only do the ground bus bar from what we found when you looked at my 4xe.

OP
OP
spurly

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Just a reminder i can only do the ground bus bar from what we found when you looked at my 4xe.
Yup, I've got yours ready to go. I'll text you tomorrow if you're around.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Wondering if you could potentially make a mount like this for a Warn power interrupt solenoid?

Jeep Wrangler JL Underhood Wiring Brackets - Gauging Interest Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 10.12.25 AM

Shelby73

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Standing bye to stand by. Looking forward to using your bracelets.
Thanks so very much

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
My kit came in the mail today! Holy cow this thing is seriously top notch quality. I do not have any accessories yet but i am sure glad I got this ground bar bracket!!

029B9F29-1686-4F74-936A-5ABDE1AB3BFD.jpeg
Sponsored