Sponsored

What is one of the most overlooked features of your Jeep?

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
For me, the fact that the Sirius/XM radio has that "Replay" feature. Yes, it's nice to be able to go back and listen to a song from the beginning, but the absolute BEST part is that, on all of your Favorite stations, the songs automatically start at the beginning when you switch to that station! I can go through all 10 stations, and it's always on the first part of the song.

I've had XM since ~2003 (maybe?), and have listened to the last half of my favorite songs thousands of times. Now, because it's always at the beginning of the song when I switch stations, I'm hearing the beginnings of the songs.

And, unlike many other great features (aux switches, easily removable top/doors, etc.), this is a feature that I appreciate every 3-5 minutes while driving!
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
For me, the fact that the Sirius/XM radio has that "Replay" feature. Yes, it's nice to be able to go back and listen to a song from the beginning, but the absolute BEST part is that, on all of your Favorite stations, the songs automatically start at the beginning when you switch to that station! I can go through all 10 stations, and it's always on the first part of the song.

I've had XM since ~2003 (maybe?), and have listened to the last half of my favorite songs thousands of times. Now, because it's always at the beginning of the song when I switch stations, I'm hearing the beginnings of the songs.

And, unlike many other great features (aux switches, easily removable top/doors, etc.), this is a feature that I appreciate every 3-5 minutes while driving!
I also enjoy that feature. Being in Michigan, I enjoy the fact that if you use the remote start, the heated seats and heated steering wheel turn on when the temp drops below 40 degrees.

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
I really like the fact that the side window opening is flush across the body & interior door panel, so you can rest your arm in the open window without the window seal sticking up and digging into your arm. That little bit there took some deliberate thought, and I tip my hat to the guy behind it.

I also like the beverage indent in the tailgate. It's the perfect place for resting your cup while pouring a drink when you are taking a break on the trail.

Sponsored

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
This isn't really a feature, more of an attribute I really appreciate. It may sound silly but I love how easy the inside of the windshield is to clean. I can't stand a dirty windows, maybe because I remember the nasty nicotine stained windows inside my parent's vehicles growing up. Most modern vehicle's windshields are a total PITA to clean on the inside, especially for short people with short arms ;) I actually purchased this because my RAM windshield is such a pain to clean.

The outside, that's another story, total bug gut magnet :LOL:

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Similar to the post above, the front windshield. The way I sat in the jeep there were less instances where I had to use a sun visor to keep the sun out of my face. And the fact it’s so easy to reach up and clean it from the inside. Never noticed out inconvenient big long sloping windshields were until I drove a jeep.

OP
OP
00 Trans Ram

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
I really like the fact that the side window opening is flush across the body & interior door panel, so you can rest your arm in the open window without the window seal sticking up and digging into your arm. That little bit there took some deliberate thought, and I tip my hat to the guy behind it.

I also like the beverage indent in the tailgate. It's the perfect place for resting your cup while pouring a drink when you are taking a break on the trail.
This (the window one) is a great one. I never really realized it until you said it, but holding your arm out the window is a pleasure with the Wrangler!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep’s Quadra-coil suspension.

Nothing else on the market drives, rides, feels, and bobs your head like a Jeep on four coils. In fact, every other automaker goes to great lengths so that you don’t have to feel a thing.

Jeep’s suspension makes you feel like you can drive through and over anything. That’s what keeps me coming back to Wranglers.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Might seem trivial, but I really like the led lights in the center console and the 4-way overhead interior lights. Remote start also, especially in the Texas heat. Nice to get the AC pumping at full blast for a few minutes (U-Connect App) while walking out my office heading to the parking lot.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The auxiliary switches......on all my previous Jeeps, it’s always a toggle switch under the dash, or a pod on top of the dash, or buttons on the pillar, etc... I know it’s a Jeep, and that’s how we roll in a Jeep. But this is the JL, and it’s taking us into a new refinement rabbit hole, and these switches are badass! I mean did you ever think you’d hear us saying how sweet the heated seats and steering wheel is or the remote start, lol. I also love the fact you can configure how you want them to work, always hot, on with ignition, etc.... And the fact they’re DONE... just plug and play......Priceless ....🙂.

Last edited:

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
The easy power and wiper fluid disconnects for the hard top, and an included clip to hold each when the top is off. My TJ didn't have that.

The rubber pads that separate the hard top from the body are bolted on with the JL...on my TJ there were two on the front edge that fell off and tried to get lost every time I took the top off.

Hill Assist for the manual transmission. That is a sweet little feature that I would have killed for when I was learning how to drive a stick, and it doesn't suck now that I am getting used to the JL's clutch.

The bolt holder under the flap at the tail gate to hold the door and hard top bolts when those are removed. And, the included tool kit to remove the doors and top. My TJ also had square nuts for the hard top bolts that required attention to place/remove. The JL bolts screw directly into the body.

These are just a few of the small details I have noted that made me think, "Hmm, someone at Jeep actually uses a Wrangler!"

Last edited:

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
The bolt holder under the flap at the tail gate to hold the door and hard top bolts when those are removed. And, the included tool kit to remove the doors and top.
The dedicated spots for the bolts for removeable hardware is definitely a nice touch. I also appreciate the emergency brake in the center console vs under the dash.

VAJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Sort of like the window comment, this is more of an attribute of the wrangler, THE TURNING RADIUS, every time I’m navigating tight corners in a campground with the trailer and try to back up into an awkward spot in the woods, I freaking love how tight the wrangler can turn!

oh, and the cold weather package is also pretty nice ;)