Sponsored

Make the JEEP Toledo factory a tourist destination!

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully it really happens.

Fingers crossed Jeep does not let Ford beat them to the punch with a Bronco park.
Itā€™s not about being first, itā€™s about execution and doing it right, but with that said, Jeep has been doing this off-road thing a long time.

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Itā€™s not about being first, itā€™s about execution and doing it right, but with that said, Jeep has been doing this off-road thing a long time.
No doubt the Wrangler is the gold standard for off-roading.

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Sadly BMW doesn't do European delivery any more. They will still ship it to their SC Zentrum for you to take delivery there, and you get a race track course with all cars and factory tour, then take delivery and get a tour of your car and all its features.

I'd absolutely go to Toledo just to get a factory tour and take delivery there, but throw in a session on a special off-road track and a tour of the features of the vehicle so I didn't have to read the god-awful manual? Hell, I'd probably pay more.

But it does require a reasonably good transportation options to get to Toledo. Where's the nearest airport?
The nearest airport is in Toledo. No need to fly to Detroit. It might be more expensive to get to Toledo though and finding a non-stop will be difficult
I grew up there and Iā€™ve had to go Detroit or Chicago if I wanted to get there but thatā€™s from Seattle.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I loved the styling of the Sky.
I had a Solstice and loved it. Great car. Great handling and superb manual gearbox. I kick myself for selling it.

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the mean time we have this for a factory tour.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
BMW used to offer (and perhaps they still do) the ability for the buyer of a new Mini to remotely observe their car being assembled in the U.K. factory. Advance notice of the build date and time was provided, as well as the relevant web link. I don't recall if there was a discrete fee for this service (one could say the viewing fee was whatever the car cost, lol).

Anyway, that'd certainly be a neat benefit for Wrangler buyers. Generic YouTube factory videos are nice enough, but personalization takes things to another level.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Being from the BG area I can assure yā€™all that the National Corvette Museum does a whale of a business. Lots of activity year around, esp the Corvette Homecoming and the various NHRA and GoodGuys car shows. Around this neck of the woods ā€˜Vettes are very common, so seeing one doesnā€™t get much attention. Iā€™m sure there would be a ton of interest in a Jeep centered activity in Toledo. If they could have a museum, ā€œCamp Jeepā€ off road park etc I believe theyā€™d be amazed at the attention it would gather. Just as an aside, in 2018 I bought a black over black Fiat 124 Spider Abarth-gave like 28k for it. After Iā€™d had it a couple months I pulled into the Shell station near the Corvette Museum. Dude on the other side of the island had a new (as in still carrying the window sticker) ā€˜Vette. I went inside and got a Coke only to come back and find 5 folks gathered round the little Fiat looking it over -and nobody paying any attention at all to the new ā€˜Vette on the other side of the pumpšŸ˜ŠšŸ‘

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Being from the BG area I can assure yā€™all that the National Corvette Museum does a whale of a business. Lots of activity year around, esp the Corvette Homecoming and the various NHRA and GoodGuys car shows. Around this neck of the woods ā€˜Vettes are very common, so seeing one doesnā€™t get much attention. Iā€™m sure there would be a ton of interest in a Jeep centered activity in Toledo. If they could have a museum, ā€œCamp Jeepā€ off road park etc I believe theyā€™d be amazed at the attention it would gather. Just as an aside, in 2018 I bought a black over black Fiat 124 Spider Abarth-gave like 28k for it. After Iā€™d had it a couple months I pulled into the Shell station near the Corvette Museum. Dude on the other side of the island had a new (as in still carrying the window sticker) ā€˜Vette. I went inside and got a Coke only to come back and find 5 folks gathered round the little Fiat looking it over -and nobody paying any attention at all to the new ā€˜Vette on the other side of the pumpšŸ˜ŠšŸ‘
The 124 Abarth is a REALLY nice car. I almost bought one. Best of both worlds. Italian styling and charm and Japanese QC. Probably the most reliable Italian car ever made. lol. Sad it's not being made anymore.

Sponsored

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I always hit the Smokey Pig BBQ in Bowling Green and the NCM whenever I am in the area!

Years ago. I went to Bowling Green for the C7 Corvette reveal in my 911. Everyone was all eyes on the Corvette. šŸ¤Ŗ

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
I've noticed online that sometime this year the Jeep museum is opening in Toledo. Hopefully in time for the Jeep fest in September!

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)