Sponsored

Make the JEEP Toledo factory a tourist destination!

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
They could have a Jeep Pro Shop with all the swag you could ever imagine, plus all the Mopar accessories with an installation shop. They'd make a killing with all of that, plus a Jeep themed restaurant or at least coffee/snack bar.
Exactly. They should install what they sell. People spend money on toys. Lots of Wrangler owners with a lot of disposable income. I bet the Wrangler is at the very top of the list when it comes to dollars spent on aftermarket mods on vehicles. Same with Corvettes. Ford is hoping the Bronco will have the same demand for mods and accessories. They are offering a unbelievable number factory Ford parts, mods, accessories for the Bronco.
Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep can follow the model set by some of the European manufacturers that have been doing this for years, like BMW. You can purchase or lease a German built BMW and do a factory delivery and while there, do a factory and Museum tour. It is such a great experience that it brings customers back for that same experience again when it’s time to purchase again.

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep can follow the model set by some of the European manufacturers that have been doing this for years, like BMW. You can purchase or lease a German built BMW and do a factory delivery and while there, do a factory and Museum tour. It is such a great experience that it brings customers back for that same experience again when it’s time to purchase again.
Yep. European delivery. BMW, Volvo, Porsche and some others have or had programs. You can even do that here in America with some BMWs. Used to anyway?

Corvette offers Museum Delivery also. I have bought Corvettes in the past and have always wanted to do Museum Delivery. The plan is to definitely do it for a C8 one day. Fly into Nashville and spend a night or two and take delivery at the NCM and drive 6 hours home.

I will probably do the Nashville trip for a JLR in the next few months. I need to replace my old '19JLR with another. Gupton Motors is dealing on new JLs and in Springfield TN which is close to Nashville. I plan on flying into Nashville. Pick up the JL at Gupton and drive back. I definitely will stop in Bowling Green on the way home.

https://www.bmwinocala.com/spartanburg-delivery.html

Last edited:

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
I remember the Saturn brand. Fixed pricing at Saturn retailers. The retailers had better customer service than their sister GM brands. They were suposed to anyway. I owned a SC2. The best part about the Saturn was the plastic body. The body panels did not rust so the cars looked cleaner longer. The engines were questionable. Mine consumed or burned oil. I remember going to the dealer-retailer to buy parts. I noticed the boxes for each part had different pictures of different animals, fish, fruit, etc. I asked the parts guy about that. He said it was so parts pickers in warehouses could identify parts without having to be literate. Largemouth Bass =spark plug wires. Smallmouth Bass = distributor cap. Interesting concept. I wonder if that was really the reason? Cool concept if it was. It helps employ people who normally might have difficulty finding work.
I was a fan of Saturn and thought they were turning the corner with the Aura and Vue as solid offerings. I thought the Sky looked awesome and the scoops in the trunk made it look like a car that cost 5x more than it did and liked it so much i ordered a Sky RedLine in summer 2006 and had it for 11 years. My experience with the dealer was always positive and the car was a blast to drive (260hp/260ft.tq), though the interior was pretty poor with all the hard plastic. Was disappointed when it got the axe.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Yep here in the States they still offer a BMW performance center delivery. While you take delivery of your new bmw they offer track time around their track in a vehicle like the one you purchased to show you it’s capabilities and to familiarize your self with it. I have had a couple of ///M cars so not sure what is offered with a regular BMW purchase.

As big as Jeep life is with people that purchase jeeps, I would be really surprised though if this hasn’t been brought up before with Jeep executives. There has to be a other reasons as to why they haven’t done this yet.

I have done factory built orders on my last 4 jeeps and would have gone to the factory to pick up for delivery if it was offered as an option.

Sponsored

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep here in the States they still offer a BMW performance center delivery. While you take delivery of your new bmw they offer track time around their track in a vehicle like the one you purchased to show you it’s capabilities and to familiarize your self with it. I have had a couple of ///M cars so not sure what is offered with a regular BMW purchase.

As big as Jeep life is with people that purchase jeeps, I would be really surprised though if this hasn’t been brought up before with Jeep executives. There has to be a other reasons as to why they haven’t done this yet.

I have done factory built orders on my last 4 jeeps and would have gone to the factory to pick up for delivery if it was offered as an option.
I tghink the track days are a great concept. A friend bought a M5 years ago and he took me with as a guest. Tons of fun!

Companies like Toyota and even Fiat offer-offered complementary high performance track days or instruction with the purchase of some cars. Toyota offers a NASA track day for the Supra. I hear they will also offer track days with the new GR86. Fiat offered a track day for it's Abarth models.

JEEP life is HUGE. I can't believe there are $70K-$80K Wranglers from the factory now. Owners spend additional thousands on them after purchase also. I would definitely do a factory delivery if it was offered.

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was a fan of Saturn and thought they were turning the corner with the Aura and Vue as solid offerings. I thought the Sky looked awesome and the scoops in the trunk made it look like a car that cost 5x more than it did and liked it so much i ordered a Sky RedLine in summer 2006 and had it for 11 years. My experience with the dealer was always positive and the car was a blast to drive (260hp/260ft.tq), though the interior was pretty poor with all the hard plastic. Was disappointed when it got the axe.
I loved the styling of the Sky.

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2010 JKU (Sold)
The Wrangler and Corvette are probably the top 2 American automotive icons in the world. They both have unbelievable followings.

The Corvette is made in Bowling Green KY. GM offers factory tours to the public of the Corvette factory. Right across the street is the National Corvette Museum. GM offers several options for Corvette buyers to personalize the experience. There are options to build your own engine, select your own unique VIN number, watch your Corvette being built on the line, picture albums of the experience, and delivery at the National Corvette Museum. The Museum is across the street from the factory. There is a race track behind the Museum.

Hey JEEP CARES…here is pitch. Make the Toledo Jeep Wrangler factory a national tourist destination. Run this idea up the flag pole to someone at FCA.

*Offer factory tours. Tourist can watch a great American Icon being made by a proud American workforce.

*Open a National JEEP Museum that highlights the history and significance of the Wrangler in American history. Display every JEEP.

*Offer a personalized delivery option where owners can pick up their new Wrangler at the Factory or Museum.

*Have a JEEP themed cafe that offers classic outdoor Americana cuisine.

*Open a JEEP themed gift store that sells JEEP clothing, memorabilia and Wrangler accessories.

*Most importantly build a realistic outdoor road course where people can ride along. Build a obstacle course that highlights and shows off the Wranglers off road capabilities. Something like what FCA/JEEP already does at auto shows but BIGGER! Something outdoors on a much larger scale. Maybe replicate short portions of different iconic trails with rock climbing, water fording, trails with obstacles, etc.

I think a lot of people would come away with the Wrangler and Jeep brand burned into their memories after a experience like this. Adults and kids a like will want Wranglers for generations after a visit.

Toledo would benefit from tourism.

FCA can thank me later! lol.
Not only would this be amazingly cool... but would it be a way for Canadians to get our Jeeps in less than 6-8 months??

:CWL: 🇨🇦 :beer:

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
I loved the styling of the Sky.
Yup, it was really cool for its time. Mine was black exterior with black interior with red inserts and since the headlights were darkened in the RL trim it looked awesome all around. It had a nice low rumble at lower speeds and my wife would tell me she knew when i was coming home at night because she could hear me turn onto our street.

I also got the monsoon system which was great. The subwoofer was behind the passengers seat and being a 2-seater the system would rattle your soul. It was awesome.

Sponsored

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe

Sadly BMW doesn't do European delivery any more. They will still ship it to their SC Zentrum for you to take delivery there, and you get a race track course with all cars and factory tour, then take delivery and get a tour of your car and all its features.

I'd absolutely go to Toledo just to get a factory tour and take delivery there, but throw in a session on a special off-road track and a tour of the features of the vehicle so I didn't have to read the god-awful manual? Hell, I'd probably pay more.

But it does require a reasonably good transportation options to get to Toledo. Where's the nearest airport?

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sadly BMW doesn't do European delivery any more. They will still ship it to their SC Zentrum for you to take delivery there, and you get a race track course with all cars and factory tour, then take delivery and get a tour of your car and all its features.

I'd absolutely go to Toledo just to get a factory tour and take delivery there, but throw in a session on a special off-road track and a tour of the features of the vehicle so I didn't have to read the god-awful manual? Hell, I'd probably pay more.

But it does require a reasonably good transportation options to get to Toledo. Where's the nearest airport?
I would guess Detroit is the closes large airport? It's about a 60 miles away so maybe a 1-1:15 drive?

The NCM does a really through pre-delivery inspection and vehicle orientation if you choose to do the Museum Delivery option. They also do a really careful and nice job detailing. No swirl marks.

A lot of new Wrangler owners are not familiar the manual transfer case operation, hard top, soft top, door removal, etc. It would be cool if Jeep offered a factory delivery option that included a short demo of options and functions on a off road course. Hell it would be worth it just to get the correct tire pressure before driving off. lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)