Issue with Jeep showing not in park and not starting

BMac345

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella JL Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I own a 2019 JL Sahara Unlimited and have run into this issue where if I have driven the Jeep, parked it for 30min to an hour, and then went to start it and it won't start. The gear indicators are all lit up orange, the dash says the Jeep isn't in Park, and the start/stop button is in RUN and pushing it won't shut off the Jeep. It's left me and my wife stranded multiple times, but within 20-30min, after pushing the start/stop button numerous times, the Jeep can be turned off and started properly. I'm going to a local dealer this week to see if they've seen the issue, and if there is a fix, but I also wanted to see if it had been happening to any other Jeep owners on here and any info that could help with my issue.

Jeep3.jpg

Jeep2.jpg

Jeep1.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
BMac345

BMac345

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JeepCares

I currently have my Jeep at the dealer to deal with the issues I've been having with my Jeep, as well as having issues with warranty work.

Thanks

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares

I currently have my Jeep at the dealer to deal with the issues I've been having with my Jeep, as well as having issues with warranty work.

Thanks
Thanks for tagging us here. Has the dealer provided repair steps to you for your concerns?

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
BMac345

BMac345

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for tagging us here. Has the dealer provided repair steps to you for your concerns?

Kate
Jeep Cares
The Jeep was delivered/towed to them last Friday and they said there was about 2 week lead time before my Jeep would be looked at.

When I bought the Jeep, I was told since it was originally a Canadian Jeep the factory warranty was no longer valid here in the US. That made no sense to me, so I just bought an aftermarket warranty to take place of the factory warranty, or what I thought would. As you can see in my profile, and in the pictures, it's a 19' with roughly 14,600 miles ( I bought it with ~8000miles). The dealership that's doing the repairs, told me that since it was originally a Canadian Jeep, any parts that are needed to perform the repair will have zero warranty on them, and that the chances of my aftermarket warranty covering the repairs/parts is slim to none due to the parts having no warranty on them. Even if I were to pay for it all, and it sounds like I will, I will still not get any warranty on the parts.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The Jeep was delivered/towed to them last Friday and they said there was about 2 week lead time before my Jeep would be looked at.

When I bought the Jeep, I was told since it was originally a Canadian Jeep the factory warranty was no longer valid here in the US. That made no sense to me, so I just bought an aftermarket warranty to take place of the factory warranty, or what I thought would. As you can see in my profile, and in the pictures, it's a 19' with roughly 14,600 miles ( I bought it with ~8000miles). The dealership that's doing the repairs, told me that since it was originally a Canadian Jeep, any parts that are needed to perform the repair will have zero warranty on them, and that the chances of my aftermarket warranty covering the repairs/parts is slim to none due to the parts having no warranty on them. Even if I were to pay for it all, and it sounds like I will, I will still not get any warranty on the parts.
Understood and thank you for the details. Sadly I cannot speculate on any of the information you provided but I can assign someone to work with you while at the dealer if needed. To start that process, just send me a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Mocha

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Sold 2021 JLURD)
@BMac345 did you get this resolved? I have same problem and hoping to learn what your dealer did. In my case they are saying transmission throttle body.

OP
OP
BMac345

BMac345

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@BMac345 did you get this resolved? I have same problem and hoping to learn what your dealer did. In my case they are saying transmission throttle body.
It actually ended up being a bad grounding cable on the transmission.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
These grounding issues show up a lot in the Electrical Gremlin Department. Come Spring, I intend to add grounds, remove, clean, reassemble the ones I can access.
Can't hurt.
Sponsored