Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Any new ideas on slider mods?
Talked to LOD about it a couple times, at first they said I was screwed. Then the more we talked, they came to the conclusion that if I weld on the other two locations, then I could attach the back however I needed to, since it wouldn’t need to be structural. So I may go that route. I don’t have any plans to take them off, and if I break one, ( not likely) I can just cut it off fix and weld back on. But still looking into it, I’ll have a better idea when we put the new rear control arm brackets on.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Talked to LOD about it a couple times, at first they said I was screwed. Then the more we talked, they came to the conclusion that if I weld on the other two locations, then I could attach the back however I needed to, since it wouldn’t need to be structural. So I may go that route. I don’t have any plans to take them off, and if I break one, ( not likely) I can just cut it off fix and weld back on. But still looking into it, I’ll have a better idea when we put the new rear control arm brackets on.
That makes sense. I can see their point if welded. I was wondering if you could add long plate across existing two mounting points and still utilize bolt on by adding additional bolts through frame. But agree with you, utilize as is and see if issue arises after. :like:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Any new ideas on slider mods?
Talked to LOD about it a couple times, at first they said I was screwed. Then the more we talked, they cane to the conclusion that if I weld on the other two locations, then I could attach the back however I needed to, since it wouldn’t need to be structural. So I may go that route. I don’t have any plans to take them off, and if I bend/break them I csnvjust
That makes sense. I can see their point if welded. I was wondering if you could add long plate across existing two mounting points and still utilize bolt on by adding additional bolts through frame. But agree with you, utilize as is and see if issue arises after. :like:
i was talking to Mike this morning, and it sounds like he comes with the axles , so you may have to move stuff around and make some room , if you decide to get them....🤣

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
IMO - 35s will not look proportional on Rubicon with 3.5”. To be honest not sure 35s fit 2.5” lifts on Rubis. Mainly because high line fenders. Sports/Sahara’s look good with 2.5 and okay with 3.5 but because fenders are 1.5-2” lower. Everything I read is once you step over the 2.5 line and go taller you start looking at additional geometry mods. I’m just stating what I’ve read on here.
IMHO, my rubi doesn't look too "off" with 35's & a d.5" spacer lift....
Jeep Wrangler JL 3.5” lift with 35” tires 069FCC2B-F96D-4A57-A167-230F30D45C95

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
IMHO, my rubi doesn't look too "off" with 35's & a d.5" spacer lift....
Jeep Wrangler JL 3.5” lift with 35” tires 069FCC2B-F96D-4A57-A167-230F30D45C95
Agree Jeff. Steel bumpers also gives that little extra weight. Looks good man :like:

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
i was talking to Mike this morning, and it sounds like he comes with the axles , so you may have to move stuff around and make some room , if you decide to get them....🤣
If I decided to get them we may be looking for a new place to share lol.
Sponsored