JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7
I was just thinking about this today, you stated it so perfectly. What could have been a joyous time of anticiaption… like waiting for Christmas morning (apologies if that offends) has turned into something a little frustrating and disappointing.
I’ve complained on this thread about JeepChat but maybe I was unfair. I think this is more of a dealership responsibility vs Jeep (Stellantis). Dealers are the interface with the customer and they seem to have better info … but it seems we all have varying levels of info provided by our dealers.

I wonder what % of Jeeps are bought “special order” vs “off the lot” (MTO vs MTS), and if there is a different profit margin between the two order types.

If the special order is important to the dealer then it seems they could improve the customer journey quite a bit… sign us up to a free service (website / app / daily email…) that shows our builds progress like Dominoes pizza tracker. Then sell our email address to mass marketers so they can spam us with targeted ads for our specific Jeep! 😂

I think the dealerships can do more…

Advertisement

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Purple TJ, 2021 HellaYella JLUR
I get jealous as well and feel bad about it but I think it's reasonable to feel that way. I also think if my Jeep comes sooner than all those who ordered before me I'll feel badly.

This is my first post and my first Jeep - I've been hesitating to post here but feel I should contribute since I have gotten so much great information from reading through these forums the past few weeks:

2021 Granite Unlimited Sport
3.6L v6
Manual Transmission
Hard Top, All-weather mats (regretting after seeing a recent post), 'deep tint' windows

Ordered: 5/14
VIN: not really sure but first found out about it 5/25 with "estimated ship date" of 6/5
Window sticker: 6/1 (build sheet showed up 2 days later)
Shipped: 6/7
Estimated Arrival: 6/10-6/24

I thought it would arrive on or before 6/10 since I'm in (eastern) PA which seems like it's within the first several stops out of the factory on the train. According to my dealer it was delivered to a rail yard near here 6/14 waiting for the truck to pick it up.
Curious on why you regret the floor mats. I had the quadratech ones in my JK and I liked them but when they got filled with water it was hard to get them out without dumping the water into the jeep. I believe the "stock" ones you can order with the jeep have a drain in them at the same place the jeep has a drain. I think this is super smart, but I didn't do any research on the mats themselves so I'm curious why you are regretting getting them.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
I was just thinking about this today, you stated it so perfectly. What could have been a joyous time of anticiaption… like waiting for Christmas morning (apologies if that offends) has turned into something a little frustrating and disappointing.
I ordered my Jeep in time for Christmas last year, on October 7, more than a month after they had been building 2021s, and I still didn't get it for Christmas. It ended up being 82 days end to end, but I was still excited to see it, to have it, and drive in it.

There have been two losses of excitement. In the first week when I was doing short break-in drives around town, it kept stalling out. I was really worried I'd have to sell it right back, or could only drive it with the slow start approach like some overloaded dump truck, but then I recalibrated the accelerator pedal and it was 99% different (for the better).

Second, more spread out, was after the 5mo mark. Fuel economy hasn't gotten much better, and other than a single offroad trip I haven't had it on good dirt/gravel roads as often as I'd like. The two people I know with capable vehicles... one quit his job to spend all summer hiking (despite just buying new offroad tires a few months ago), and the other probably won't get his vehicle electrical repaired. I also have my amateur radio set up but haven't found a good pattern to go do that. So yeah, I just don't feel like I use it as much as I should... rather, I feel like I've gotten too comfortable with it too quickly, so it already feels like a daily / old friend instead of a new excitement.

Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Curious on why you regret the floor mats. I had the quadratech ones in my JK and I liked them but when they got filled with water it was hard to get them out without dumping the water into the jeep. I believe the "stock" ones you can order with the jeep have a drain in them at the same place the jeep has a drain. I think this is super smart, but I didn't do any research on the mats themselves so I'm curious why you are regretting getting them.
I ordered Mopar mats from Amazon. Not a money deal. $120 vs. $165. No biggy. The Amazon ones have the Red, the factory ordered ones don’t. Real world problems, right 😁 2018 New Jeep Wrangler JL 4-Door All Weather Floor Mats

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking BBAD44A8-46DB-4322-8475-C7BB0A2597DD

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
79 Days in… so frustrating waiting this long. It is what it is. Dealer reached out to his sales rep, but haven’t heard anything back. Opened up a case with Jeep Chat a week ago, still no update. Of course when I opened that they said it wasn’t showing any type of delay… 🤨…72 days and not considered delayed… ok…

It wouldn’t be so bad if I knew where it was at or what it was waiting on. Last update was that it was built and in storage awaiting additional accessories…

Jrizza

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still waiting....
There was a recent post suggesting this was a waste of money because 1) you don't get the carpet that would have otherwise come with it 2) if you order aftermarket they are less expensive and you get the carpet in case you ever want to use it for some reason. 3) They are flimsy.

It makes me feel better that there are also those who wish they ordered them! In the end either way it is a drop in the bucket so I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Purple TJ, 2021 HellaYella JLUR
There was a recent post suggesting this was a waste of money because 1) you don't get the carpet that would have otherwise come with it 2) if you order aftermarket they are less expensive and you get the carpet in case you ever want to use it for some reason. 3) They are flimsy.

It makes me feel better that there are also those who wish they ordered them! In the end either way it is a drop in the bucket so I suppose it doesn't really matter.
I'm a little surprised they don't just lay on the carpet but whatever. Can't change order now already been waiting so oh well LOL

Sponsored

Mroliver927

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2021 Sahara Unlimited 4xe
Yesterday was day 51 and requested a case be opened with Jeep Chat. They did open a case and provided a case number. I was going to wait 48 hours to ask for an update on the case as I was told 1- 2 business days but today I received the following:

Hello Mr. Oliver,

I would like to take this opportunity to say congratulations on ordering your all-new Jeep Wrangler 4xe!

My name is Jeff and I will be monitoring your vehicle order throughout the build process. I have opened this special tracking file to both help ensure your order is given prioritization through to delivery, as well as to provide you with available status updates along the way.

At this present time, your vehicle is built and is presently pending shipment via the next available shipping carrier. I have reached out to our logistics teams to ensure your order remains prioritized for delivery as well as to gather an estimated delivery window to share further with you. I hope to have additional delivery updates to share with you soon.

I will be following up with you for your order updates as soon as there are additional updates to share on your order. Additional email responses received will be queued and responded to within this time-frame. If you require immediate assistance pertaining to any ordering questions or concerns, we encourage you to speak with your ordering dealership who is your best resource for any ordering questions you may have related to your factory order.

Thank you for your loyalty and we’re proud to have you as a member of the Jeep Family!

Sincerely,

---This at the very least states it's waiting on shipment and not being held for additional inspections or parts as I was previously communicated via Jeep Chat. I guess I'm leaning towards being a little more excited now.

First Name
Sydney and Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Sahara Snazzberry
Hey everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster. I have a build on the way and the wait is almost excruciating. This is our first Jeep EVER, but it's been on my wish list since I was a teenager. I can't believe it's actually happening, but it sure is happening slowly. :whew:

We built a 2021 Snazzberry Unlimited Sahara in Foley, Alabama. Most of the bells and whistles. Three-piece hard top. Fender flares and body color top.

Order date: 5/25
VIN: 5/28

Aaaaand that's all I've got. I contact Jeep Chat every few days and I always get "your Jeep is in the scheduling phase. Check back in a week." It's been 3 and a half weeks, so we're getting antsy. I know a lot of you have been waiting much longer, but I expected SOME kind of movement after three weeks. Especially after seeing some of the May orders close to completion here in the forum.

Anyway, this forum has been incredibly helpful. My girlfriend and I browse it daily and we've gotten so many great tips and advice! You are all so respectful and helpful.

We can't wait to share our build with you all! ......eventually. :fingerscrossed:

dral

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, Ford Explorer Platinum
Yesterday was day 51 and requested a case be opened with Jeep Chat. They did open a case and provided a case number. I was going to wait 48 hours to ask for an update on the case as I was told 1- 2 business days but today I received the following:

Hello Mr. Oliver,

I would like to take this opportunity to say congratulations on ordering your all-new Jeep Wrangler 4xe!

My name is Jeff and I will be monitoring your vehicle order throughout the build process. I have opened this special tracking file to both help ensure your order is given prioritization through to delivery, as well as to provide you with available status updates along the way.

At this present time, your vehicle is built and is presently pending shipment via the next available shipping carrier. I have reached out to our logistics teams to ensure your order remains prioritized for delivery as well as to gather an estimated delivery window to share further with you. I hope to have additional delivery updates to share with you soon.

I will be following up with you for your order updates as soon as there are additional updates to share on your order. Additional email responses received will be queued and responded to within this time-frame. If you require immediate assistance pertaining to any ordering questions or concerns, we encourage you to speak with your ordering dealership who is your best resource for any ordering questions you may have related to your factory order.

Thank you for your loyalty and we’re proud to have you as a member of the Jeep Family!

Sincerely,

---This at the very least states it's waiting on shipment and not being held for additional inspections or parts as I was previously communicated via Jeep Chat. I guess I'm leaning towards being a little more excited now.
Day 51 from order?

Jerseygirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge
@theymustbetrippin - I am in the same boat! I ordered 5/29/21 left the dealership with my VIN # and VON # in D status. I checked with chat every couple days. I thought I was ahead of the game a bit. nope. According to dealer, he was told it's scheduled to be built next week and that they are waiting on a few to be shipped to them in the next 2-3 weeks. ( to NJ) No clue what that will mean for me but I am very impatient since this is my first Jeep as well and it's summer.

Advertisement

Advertisement