Sponsored

Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits

Greyhound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Since you mentioned you got the new steeling box. Might want to check that 42mm big nut is torque to spec! Mine was lose and I can turn it by hand! After I torqued it back to spec the steeling feel is night and day!
Good point on the castle nut!!! And thanks to everyone for the replies / suggestions. I think I'm going to take off the rest of the day and go home and recheck everything once again. One clarification though - I'm definitely not blaming the Clayton lift for the probs. I know Jeeps are fickle as crap with steering, and it's just going to be a process of elimination to find the culprit(s). Definitely look forward to taking this thing off-road and see what she can do!! Thanks once again for all the replies / suggestions!!
Sponsored

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
@clayton 2.5 overland lift with 37 Nittos. I need to get some high line fenders when every they are available.

IMG_4449.jpg

IMG_4452.jpg

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
@clayton 2.5 overland lift with 37 Nittos. I need to get some high line fenders when every they are available.

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits IMG_4452

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits IMG_4452
Very nice. I love the black and white contrast. Picking up my similar white Jeep today from dealership a few states away.

I ordered the 3.5” overland around Memorial Day. Will probably take a while to get here. Planning on 37” tires, which almost arrived before my Jeep. Ha ha.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
1.5" prototype springs are currently being tested! Right now we're still shooting for the end of Summer assuming everything goes as planned :like:
Cant wait for these! will be ideal for a Rubicon diesel and 35s.

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Just thought I would share that I had the 2.5 Ride Right kit installed last week w/Fox 2.0 shocks; also added the Clayton bump stops to the kit. Just completed a long trip home and the Jeep handled great on-road. Caster is set at 6 with the upper arms; steering is noticeably better. I have Mopar beadlock capable wheels on BFG 315 K02s C load. Hope to get it off-road soon. Very pleased with the quality, ride, and stance. *edit to add second pic*

9E19A2B9-6DA0-43CA-BE79-479CD2FA61F7.jpeg

B8383E89-E4DE-457F-8B59-ED74EE3EA047.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just thought I would share that I had the 2.5 Ride Right kit installed last week w/Fox 2.0 shocks; also added the Clayton bump stops to the kit. Just completed a long trip home and the Jeep handled great on-road. Caster is set at 6 with the upper arms; steering is noticeably better. I have Mopar beadlock capable wheels on BFG 315 K02s C load. Hope to get it off-road soon. Very pleased with the quality, ride, and stance.

View attachment 473231
Looks great! Post some pictures once you're able to get it off-road! :rock:

Sponsored

Paul19JLR

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
1.5" prototype springs are currently being tested! Right now we're still shooting for the end of Summer assuming everything goes as planned :like:
Damn, I was hoping these would be out sooner than later. Have to talk to AEV now.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Damn, I was hoping these would be out sooner than later. Have to talk to AEV now.
I've had AEV prior and doing Clayton now, if you offroad I'd recommend waitng for Clayton. For pavement driving AEV is amazing and makes the jeep handle great with a lift. When it comes to offroading there are better options (like clayton). If you decide to get AEV, have all the brackets re-powder coated because their finish is horrible and does not last. I've done spray paint finishes that last longer

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Can we safely assume this 1.5" will net somewhere around 2" height, since your 2.5" often get 3"? Thanks!

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Can we safely assume this 1.5" will net somewhere around 2" height, since your 2.5" often get 3"? Thanks!
Yes, basically right between 1.5 and 2", depending on vehicle weight and setup, you'll never get less than you thought you were getting with our systems :like: