What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
I felt the same way until I shot my buddies Canik with the holosun 507c on it. I immediately had to sell my glock to go get a MOS glock to have the red dot option when I have the money. Even at defense distances(7-15 yards) the speed you can pick up the target and transition between targets is so much faster. It also doesn’t hurt that it makes longer range shots with the pistol much easier.
Don't get me wrong, I like red dot scopes, holographics, scopes, etc. I have em all on one weapon or another. For my concealed carry, though, I need to hit a target the size of an average adult torso at close distance. Target acquisition is not a major concern. If RDS works better for you or anyone, I'd go for it. 👍🏼

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Had the Rubi axles and new tires and wheels installed.

IMG_4449.jpg

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

Installed LOD Destroyer rock rails, will put the stock Rubicons on Craigslist assuming there’s a market for them. It’s a one person install with creative use of jack stands and floor jack. Heavy compared to the stock rails and installed the extra bolts (3 total) even though not planning to skid across any boulders, hate to have left over bolts. Small pilot hole and stepped bits did the trick.

Installed the trail rail management system, sliding gate, rubber cargo area mats and tailgate table a couple of weeks ago. The sliding gate is very useful and well made.

518553AF-C7E1-4CE8-87D8-E73D817BFA71.jpeg

1F49A581-CAAE-4B14-BC85-BC0E00BDC80B.jpeg

7B2111FE-C556-4A15-902B-4D326E60583A.jpeg

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
In the thread on this particular Element scenario you were not impressed with the Element so you carry a different fire extinguisher but in your test you said none of then helped and you ultimately had to use a fire hose and pry the hood open. So your opinion since they all failed would be that you aren't impressed by any of today's fire extinguisher choices, not just the Element
Fire Extinguishers are very useful. If you catch a fire early enough they can definitely prevent disaster if you know how to use it correctly. I know Lockheed Martin had a policy that if there was a fire in a facility, you were to alarm and evacuate. You were only supposed to attempt extinguishment if you had the annual training on fire extinguishers. In their case only the employee fire brigade was given the training. Personally though I don’t carry anything smaller than a 5lb extinguisher. I think the big takeaway from this is size does matter with an extinguisher and that no matter the training you have a limited ability and it may not be enough. Don’t get hurt and put yourself in danger. I would love to try the 100 or the 50 again on different scenarios, but I can’t afford to buy them to keep testing them. Also don’t go expecting miracles if you have never trained with them. Remember vehicles can be replaced, lives can’t. Be safe.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Last winter I had a total failure that resulted in being towed to the dealer where both batteries were replaced. A month later I got to tow a 2019 26 miles out of the desert when they had a similar failure. I decided that wasn't for me so I ordered the Genesis system a week ago. I did the install yesterday by following the Genesis youtube video. It ended up actually working and was easier than I had anticipated. I wanted batteries that were locally available and warrantied just in case. The only ones I could find were the Optima. With the Optima you do need to remove the carry handle and use the spacer on the bottom. Other than that, just follow the video. Wish Jeep would do the same.

ivo

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
how are they at highway speeds?
Are the mirrors long enough for passenger side viewing?

I currently have the doubletake mirrors but its a pain to adjust every time you want to use them.
I have had them at highway speeds on some back roads and there is a slight vibration. It’s not any worse than my Cummins was with the elephant ears extended. I can see out the passenger fine, they are definitely smaller than stock but both are convex to give a little more viewing angle. My recommendation pick one up at 7 dollars see if you like it and if not return it. For me they are fine but I wasn’t expecting the same quality as $200 options.

Reactions: ivo

azredzone

First Name
Terrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I pulled the trigger and purchased a Hotheads Headliner for my hardtop and couldn’t be happier. Well worth the money and simple to install. The instructions walk you through the process very easily.
I got the side window kit to round out the look and also added the sound assassin strips too. I can definitely tell a difference in interior noise; quieter and less echoey inside.
The color is “graphite”.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 7B2111FE-C556-4A15-902B-4D326E60583A
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 7B2111FE-C556-4A15-902B-4D326E60583A
I added the same package a few months ago and they made a noticeable difference in sound. Great product!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I did the install yesterday by following the Genesis youtube video.

It ended up actually working...
I chuckled at the way that was written, which suggests that a YouTube instructional video actually got things right. That's not always the case, to be sure.

I too see the Genesis battery system in my future.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Haha well then you might be happy to learn that their competitor Holosun makes optics for the same footprint at around half the price. They're Chinese made, but they're not "cheap", and they've honestly surpassed Trijicon in quite a few departments (battery life/location, reticles, shake-awake) where Trij just coasted on their ACOG laurels. Give em a look, I'm going to try them for my pistol optics from now on. Love the RMR, don't fancy rezeroing every time I change the battery though.
The Leopold Deltapoint has treated me well. I'm a fan of non magnified and lightweight red dots on my ar's.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Naw, just wanted to go 4.88's for soon to be released KO2 37 C's and thought I would upgrade to the UD44 front axle and sold my OEM front 44, however my new Mopar UD44 had either the right axle tube or right spring perch misaligned/miswelded...thats why it has been down, waiting on a replacement Dana UD44.
The 37” c-rated are out! I ordered mine from discount