Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0L (Ordered 5/11)
Vehicle Showcase
Putting in an order on Monday - do we know if the headliner is *also* a contributing factor to the delayed D1 status?
I've heard that but I see new builds on cryptostickers all the time with the headliner. Doesn't seem to be a hold up like gorilla glass is.
Sponsored

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Had Alexander on jeep chat just like elinopaido this morning. Got the same " I am thrilled to let you know, your vehicle is now about to enter assembly, scheduling status currently. Congratulations! We lack an ETA at this time but please keep in touch with us for the very latest."

🤷‍♂️

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Guys, take this info with a grain of sand. I was just informed by chat that my 4Xe with all options and GG is entering assembly. fingers crossed
Alexander (6/10/2021, 4:38:09 PM): Alright, thank you again for your patience here. I am thrilled to let you know, your vehicle is now about to enter assembly, scheduling status currently. Congratulations! We lack an ETA at this time but please keep in touch with us for the very latest.
Sorry - this is almost the exact language that was told to me via Jeep Chat but I am still in D (status confirmed by dealer after my chat).

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
Still no Jeeps being built with GG, what a mess. So we wait--wait--wait

OP
OP
Hazelwood7

Hazelwood7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JL Rubicon V6
Update on my builds. My 5/15 build is with GG is still in D status. My rebuild without GG was ordered on 6/5 and now is D1 on 6/11. I am in the situation were I need the jeep now so this was my best option. I will keep everyone updated on the build as I go through the process. Looks like GG is the holdup. But I also did not order a headliner.

Sponsored

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
Update on my builds. My 5/15 build is with GG is still in D status. My rebuild without GG was ordered on 6/5 and now is D1 on 6/11. I am in the situation were I need the jeep now so this was my best option. I will keep everyone updated on the build as I go through the process. Looks like GG is the holdup. But I also did not order a headliner.
I guess we all need to order new builds minus the GG
:swear::facepalm::LOL:

HemiBeep

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order 2021 JLU Rubicon 3.6.
Whenever the GG is available, one of us will be tracking and let us all know. It will be worth the wait. BTW does anyone know when the model year changes? When will they be called 2022s?

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I talked to my dealer about removing GG and their rep didn't think it would make much difference in my build, Im guessing Gecko is also a hold up. Ive been told my Jeep should be built sometime in July

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
I talked to my dealer about removing GG and their rep didn't think it would make much difference in my build, Im guessing Gecko is also a hold up. Ive been told my Jeep should be built sometime in July
It is going to be long, tedious summer waiting on these builds. I’ll finally get my wrangler and then winter will hit.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m going to vent here because I’m a big child… why wont the factory/reps just shoot straight with everyone? Maybe it is only G
Not sure, I really needed to take delivery before the end of June (I lose a tax credit June 29), should've been plenty of time but I think Gecko and Gorilla Glass got me. Had I known In enough time I would've for sure dropped GG but I really wanted Gecko so Im not sure what I would've done there. Ive never understood why they would offer stuff that they dont plan on building for a while

Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They could've easily waited until the June order guide to add Gecko and Gorilla Glass.. or just added "late availability". But, this wait is going to be nothing compared to my truck (Sierra 3500) I put a deposit on today, they are hoping to be able to put the order in within 3 or 4 months, They don't have any allocations yet.

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just laughing right now knowing all our dealers are getting a call tomorrow 🤣... "Heeeyyyy so I've been scouring forums and this one guy has been in D for weeks just like me and his dealer let him order a second one the same way but without gorilla glass on 6/5 and his order moved to D1 yesterday and his first order is still in D. So I was wondering if.... "

Roody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR order cancelled; 2012 Wrangler
Order placed Wednesday, VIN given to me today. Gorilla Glass as part of my order. Hoping it moves along smoothly.

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Order placed Wednesday, VIN given to me today. Gorilla Glass as part of my order. Hoping it moves along smoothly.
Our hopes are with you. Welcome to the club💪😎🤙

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
Just laughing right now knowing all our dealers are getting a call tomorrow 🤣... "Heeeyyyy so I've been scouring forums and this one guy has been in D for weeks just like me and his dealer let him order a second one the same way but without gorilla glass on 6/5 and his order moved to D1 yesterday and his first order is still in D. So I was wondering if.... "
:giggle::giggle:
Sponsored