2000 TJ Sahara

Gahooligan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I installed the AFE muffle delete. Sound is ok. Cold start isnt that bad. Anyone who has had performance exhaust on a v8 will not find this loud at all. I am most disappointed in the "air compressor with a huge leak" sound at WOT and their tip only makes it worse. It goea from rumble at mid throttle to open air hose sound at WOT with no rumble. I am thinking it really needs the 3" cat back stubby to move all that air without sounding like a big air leak. 3" should give more bass too.

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
Installed today.
Borla S-Type Axle-Back. Easy install. Outstanding quality.
Sounds great. No stupid tuba under water/flatulent sound.
I can now hear upshifts. Love this axle-back because it’s actually a single exit exhaust (unlike all other dual exit exhausts/tips) with separate dual tips.
The benefit is no loss of torque at low rpms, whereas dual exit exhausts can lose some low rpm torque, but make more power at higher rpms. No concern to me b/c Wranglers aren’t performance machines.
Stock exhaust weighs 25.2 lbs.
Borla S-Type weighs 17.4 lbs

cheers/B

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0l turbo Exhaust thread. F16C87A9-161B-403F-AEF9-D8A5F330C654

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0l turbo Exhaust thread. 584B3405-9EAA-463B-BC56-2B036A067659

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0l turbo Exhaust thread. CBEBDD00-7EE1-47A6-9196-DAA683BD1D2C

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0l turbo Exhaust thread. A9D594A1-C428-4FFE-9574-5986B0C2A86D

Gahooligan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I bought the AFE rock basher for the v6 because it is 3" pipe, short and out of the way. Cut the 2.75 ball flange off the stock exhaust, cut the 2.5" ball flange off the rock basher and welded to 2.75 flange to the 3" pipe. Its pretty quiet, deep tone, way better than the muffler delete, good sound and just enough to know its there

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Who's had the Borla Climber Touring installed the longest? Experience any exhaust drone yet after putting decent mileage on it?

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Who's had the Borla Climber Touring installed the longest? Experience any exhaust drone yet after putting decent mileage on it?
I've got several thousand miles on my Borla Touring climber, and have never had any drone at any speed or rpm range. I highly recommend this cat-back for anyone with the 2.0 motor.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't see anyone in this thread having an AWE Trail Edition yet, so I'll add my impressions of it. This is replacing a Dynomax muffler delete pipe.

My 17 yr. old son installed it by himself last night. Right away, he was impressed by the quality of the welds, fit, and instructions (He takes auto shop and welding in HS). He had no issues with the install, the parts are labeled with color coded stickers for easy assembly. The system cleared everything just fine (another user reported clearance issues at track bar and sway bar, but he's using a rear track bar relocation bracket....I'm not) once it was on the hangers and all adjusted.

Sound wise, he likes it a lot better than the muffler delete pipe. Whether at an idle or accelerating, It's deeper but not as annoying and absolutely no drone (didn't have any with the Dynomax either). He thinks it's a bit quieter too. I wasn't a big fan of the Dynomax muffler delete, I tolerated it since I didn't want to deal with the stock muffler getting beat up on the trails.

The quality of the system is first rate.....you definitely get what you paid for! The price is pretty steep ($599, but got it for $570 through Northridge), but it should last for a very long time.

This system is a great compromise for those not wanting to be dragging a full muffler on the trails vs. the typical muffler delete system.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0l turbo Exhaust thread. thumbnail_64481281127__17618213-C939-46EE-A7C8-D572BA81E3E9

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0l turbo Exhaust thread. thumbnail_IMG_0928

Gahooligan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I wish they would make that in a stubby rock basher turndown before the axle style! Looks like a nice system.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I wish they would make that in a stubby rock basher turndown before the axle style! Looks like a nice system.
It exits in the same location as a muffler delete pipe. I have very little worry that the tailpipe will get hit.

On my TJ, I had an exhaust which exited in front of the rear axle. Wasn't a big fan of it cause of the noise right under the cab. I much prefer how these muffler delete systems exit out the rear, yet are tucked up high.

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the feedback, pulled the trigger and placed an order. What skid plate are you running, any clearance issues? I have the Artec aluminum skid plate system that uses a new crossmember and the stock resonator kisses it on occasion.

I've got several thousand miles on my Borla Touring climber, and have never had any drone at any speed or rpm range. I highly recommend this cat-back for anyone with the 2.0 motor.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the feedback, pulled the trigger and placed an order. What skid plate are you running, any clearance issues? I have the Artec aluminum skid plate system that uses a new crossmember and the stock resonator kisses it on occasion.
You got it, Max. It's a great system for those looking for a bit more rumble, but not looking to audition for the next fast and furious movie.

I've yet to choose a full skid system, but currently have the Metalcloak rear diff skid. The whole system is pretty well tucked up further than everything else, so I can't see it posing an interference issue for you.

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
You got it, Max. It's a great system for those looking for a bit more rumble, but not looking to audition for the next fast and furious movie.

I've yet to choose a full skid system, but currently have the Metalcloak rear diff skid. The whole system is pretty well tucked up further than everything else, so I can't see it posing an interference issue for you.
This exhaust kicks ass Mike. I've had it on for close to two weeks now and like you and everyone else that has provided info it really isn't that much more noticeable over stock, has a nice tone, and clearances the rear end better. I did have to clearance the crossmember that's included with the Full Artec Aluminum Skid Plate system about a 1/4 inch for the muffler to not rub but not a big deal.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This exhaust kicks ass Mike. I've had it on for close to two weeks now and like you and everyone else that has provided info it really isn't that much more noticeable over stock, has a nice tone, and clearances the rear end better. I did have to clearance the crossmember that's included with the Full Artec Aluminum Skid Plate system about a 1/4 inch for the muffler to not rub but not a big deal.
Awesome! Glad to hear that you're happy with it, Max! Not sure if you're aware, but it's made with T304 stainless which is completely corrosion resistant in wet and/or salty environments. That was one of my top selling points with Borla. Your neck of the woods can get a little colder for a little longer, but we have very similar climates, so we share that added peace of mind.

Happy rumbling, buddy!

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ
I'm satisfied with Flowmaster American Thunder Axle-back muffler delete on my '21 2.0 Turbo 2-door Rubi soft top with automatic. Anything is better than stock.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0l turbo Exhaust thread. C9E68936-20DA-4844-837D-061E127B112F

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0l turbo Exhaust thread. EA3E77B8-BEA2-4E49-BC19-F9FBF7BE2BC1

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0l turbo Exhaust thread. C6C48C97-5C46-4AED-AAE6-268EBA94A570

DVLDOG-USMC

First Name
CL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko Green JLU & 2014 Dodge Challenger
Installed the Borla ATAK on my brand new JLU on June 10th. Little less than6 weeks later and about 100 miles I get the dreaded paint chipping off. Both tips. It almost looks like I could chip off the entire tip. Something didn't go right with this at the factory. Bummed.

BA95AFF3-50AA-4301-BB80-BAF78390DF7B.jpeg

2C039039-105F-4C23-B8D6-ACAB99C55A6E.jpeg

1B70817B-84A3-47C8-B433-A435C596DDEE.jpeg
Sponsored