Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Agreed. Personally I think I would get tired of snazberry, but the initial hate it received I think was only because of digital images that rendered it at a disadvantage.

I’m tempted to go to a local dealer and just see if they have any Hydro blues to look at them in person.
If you've placed your order, I wouldn't. It's not going to help you agonizing over it any more, lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
If you've placed your order, I wouldn't. It's not going to help you agonizing over it any more, lol.
True. I got enough going on with my business to keep me busy plus I’m going on a big Vegas trip in two weeks with family and friends and I have Orlando planned for the end of July with a good camping trip at the beginning of July. So I have many things to keep me preoccupied

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
It's kinda stressful, lol.

I've pretty much decided on the 2.0L I4, personally. I'm going to go drive one this weekend, just to be sure, but the 3.6L V6 is a ~$1800 addition to my bottom line, and I'd have to give up some other stuff to cram it in. Most everyone who has the 2.0L I4 raves about it, and it seems to get better MPG.
You can now order the 3.6 with ESS for $1000 more than 2.0T

Because there could be new colors for the June 2021 build guide if it does come out so waiting a few extra days to order a Diesel or 4XE with new color options would be worth it for me.
As a reminder, most of the time new colors and options usually 1-2 months for the factory implement.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner

As a reminder, most of the time new colors and options usually 1-2 months for the factory implement.
Interesting. I know gecko came out for May 2021 and people were able to order it including dealers.

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
As far as I know, no one who order in May has a Gecko in their possession. It is just like GG.
There’s actually a thread somewhere floating around here a few people have already got it even a couple weeks ago.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
There’s actually a thread somewhere floating around here a few people have already got it even a couple weeks ago.
You might want to look at the thread closer.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/gecko-wrangler-jl-club.68213/

There is one JL Gecko that showed up at dealership before the Gecko orders opened, few people posting pictures of their JK's, and a bunch people waiting for their Gecko to be scheduled for production.

I am not here to argue Gecko. I have only been here since last summer, but my main point is that it seems like every time Jeep adds an option (half doors, now GG) or color (Hydro blue, Gecko) or models (80th's, 4Xe, 392) to the order guide it takes a while before they start shipping them.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
You might want to look at the thread closer.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/gecko-wrangler-jl-club.68213/

There is one JL Gecko that showed up at dealership before the Gecko orders opened, few people posting pictures of their JK's, and a bunch people waiting for their Gecko to be scheduled for production.

I am not here to argue Gecko. I have only been here since last summer, but my main point is that it seems like every time Jeep adds an option (half doors, now GG) or color (Hydro blue, Gecko) or models (80th's, 4Xe, 392) to the order guide it takes a while before they start shipping them.
For sure one person already got his in this thread. Whether that’s good from a statistical standpoint I understand but he definitely received his. Probably does ship right away but very slowly and randomly.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-gecko-jl-wrangler.70977/page-15#post-1538491

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
Daniel Gupton got back to me and the difference in price is pretty much $6000 vs my local guys. I have no issue with traveling and I figured less than $150 for fuel and $250 for flight.

My home town dealer has been awesome and great to work with but it's 6k.
Do I show my local dealers the price and tell them to match it. Is that rude?
I'm guessing there's no way they could.

Sad thing is I'd rather deal with Daniel from all the good things I have heard.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Daniel Gupton got back to me and the difference in price is pretty much $6000 vs my local guys. I have no issue with traveling and I figured less than $150 for fuel and $250 for flight.

It's not rude it's just business. Same thing happened to a friend of mine. And the local dealer, who he had been dealing with for years, actually came close enough to the deal that he took it. No reason not to give them the chance, and in the process explain why you went in a different direction.

Sponsored

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt Premier, 2021 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired-Banking-Insurance-Coal Miner-Maintenance...a bit of everything! :)

We just ordered from Daniel last Sat.......We live in South Florida near Naples and none of the Florida Dealers will come close to Daniel's numbers. I'll take my money where it's best for my family and I. I'd prefer to stay local, but in the end the dealers here don't care about you....you're just a number to them.
If I'm in your shoes I would just buy it from Daniel....he was on the up and up from the beginning. Think about it......your dealership was going to take you for $6K......that's not chump change. In the car business family and friends are your best gross profit.....at least that's what one owner told me. Sad.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I absolutely plan to do this. I'm very big on supporting local. If they can match or get close enough, great. If not, then I have no problem going to Gupton.

It's not rude, just business.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

I thought switching up the ESS and eTorque availability on engines might be a possibility.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

I am in IL and bought 5-6 cars in WI. I prefer to buy cars in WI because WI has better consumer laws than IL. I was wondering if any WI dealers are discounting? There was a Chicago area dealer selling for the same percentages under invoice prior to the shortage. That was up until 3-4 weeks ago. I bought my '19 JLR from one of IL dealers for 7% under invoice back in 2019. I am in the market now for a 2022 JLR. Gupton is my back up if I can't make a deal closer.

I might consider $500-$700 difference for a local deal but not $6K. No way. $6K is a LOT of money. For $6K I would buy a JL anyplace in the nation and ship or drive it back. Make a fun road trip out of buying from Gupton.

ck23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR-Diesel
I think the feeling is that if we get a 2021 Order Guide in June it confirms that 2022s are being delayed. With the 392, you just need to jump on it if the opportunity presents itself.
Because there could be new colors for the June 2021 build guide if it does come out so waiting a few extra days to order a Diesel or 4XE with new color options would be worth it for me.
Completely makes sense. I'm getting a little on the antsy side, LOL. At this point, I'm halfway tempted to put my order in and just see what happens. If it's a 2021, so be it. I'm going with with Crystal Granite as the color, so doubt anything on that would change from '21 to '22.
Sponsored