Sponsored

Msawires

First Name
Minas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara 4xe
Does anyone know if it is possible to, when doing an order, to get your jeep shipped to a different dealership/location other than where you purchases it from since you are already paying a freight charge?
Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
This whole business of Jeep not giving codes anymore stinks. Paint stage the last two weeks, today Matthew tells "I'm through the build process". What does that mean Matthew. What's next. "I don't know, check back in a couple weeks". You're a lot of help. So I'm assuming out of build means done with paint and trim. Anybody have any idea what stage out of the build stage might be?
I = unit built, pending final inspection
J = vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier
JB = shipped to body vendor
JE = shipped to emissions
JJ = consigned to body vendor
JS = shipped to storage
KZ = released by plant and invoiced

Fathom

First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
Operations Coordinator and Microbiologist/Biosafety Officer
I got a status update of "KZLD". Trying to read the codes from the original poster but hoping if someone could clarify what that meant just to confirm. Thank you so much!

Sponsored

NoVABr0ker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S 75D; Mercedes GLS450
I got a status update of "KZLD". Trying to read the codes from the original poster but hoping if someone could clarify what that meant just to confirm. Thank you so much!
Think that's "in transit; delayed". Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
Canadian order, British Columbia

Time Line so far
April 8th - Confirmed Order with factory
April 21st - Confirmed D Status from Dealer
May 8th - VIN is now confirmed!
June 1st - Dealer contacted informing vehicle was being built
June 14th - Vehicle currently at JB Status - Shipped to Body Vendor

My Build
Sport S V6 Automatic e-torque
Sting Gray
+Hardtop
+LSD
+Upgraded Alternator and Battery

My question!

From JB Status, usually how much longer till veh arrives at dealer?

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Apologies if this is common knowledge, but at what stage of the build process does the build sheet get created?

justwheels

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
So I am new to the ordering process for 2021s, have had several Jeep Wranglers/CJs ect. 2 ordered from scratch

Starting the process of ordering Sahara unlimited, Hydro Blue, hard top with second set (half) doors, automatic....

Couple of questions;
1) any options that are currently delayed?
2) Is there an ordering guide? I went on Jeep.com, what I am ordering does not match up with dealer exactly (keyless proximity required when dealer enters Sahara...)
3) Audio - Premium Audio shows Alpine speakers included, yet when I order ($1995) it also ads $1295 for the speakers. WT...

Any other tips?

Short story on the 2015 I have, had to be ordered twice as it was determined non-deliverable after build.

Thanks in advance!!! Hailing from Tampa.

Sponsored

Roody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR order cancelled; 2012 Wrangler
So I am new to the ordering process for 2021s, have had several Jeep Wranglers/CJs ect. 2 ordered from scratch

Starting the process of ordering Sahara unlimited, Hydro Blue, hard top with second set (half) doors, automatic....

Couple of questions;
2) Is there an ordering guide? I went on Jeep.com, what I am ordering does not match up with dealer exactly (keyless proximity required when dealer enters Sahara...)
3) Audio - Premium Audio shows Alpine speakers included, yet when I order ($1995) it also ads $1295 for the speakers. WT...

Any other tips?

Short story on the 2015 I have, had to be ordered twice as it was determined non-deliverable after build.

You can look at the order guide info here and use the interactive pricing spreadsheet to see how options impact each other and/or add other groups with them when you add one. For example, adding the 8.4" Radio and Premium Audio group includes the Alpine stereo. The pricing should not double-up / double-dip.

Gorilla Glass seems to be a major hold up right now. Or, at least that's what we speculate.

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
I ordered my jeep on 6/11, I just checked with Jeepchat today to see if it had been issued a VIN. She gave me the VIN and also said that all materials have been gathered, and vehicle is sequenced for production and would enter build very soon. She also said there was no “set” delivery date but I did not get an estimated delivery date either, just the 7-9 weeks. Is this D1 status?

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Couple of questions;

Any other tips?

Just ordered pretty much the same thing, with a few different options, earlier this week.

1. Gorilla Glass is currently believed to be the prime hold up, at the moment. It only became available on the May order guides, but we're hearing that FCA is encouraging all new dealer stock orders to include it, so it's possible/probable that they're finally getting inventory to crank through the backlog. If you need/want your Jeep in the next 4-6 weeks, I would NOT include Gorilla Glass. If you're less concerned with the actual date of delivery, then it's a great option at a ridiculous price.

2. Yes, stickied in this subforum. That will be much more useful than the online build tool, which is notoriously out of date and buggy. The online build tool is a great starting point to compare options, etc, but you should definitely do your final estimating/costing with the actual order sheets. Ultimately, whatever the dealer can actually put on the order takes precedence over whatever the online build tool shows you.

3. Another issue with the online build tool - it looks like it double-dips on a few items. As in #2 above, the dealer's order system is correct.

If you have the ability to travel, you can usually get a better deal from a few popular dealers on this forum. I just placed my order with Daniel at Gupton Motors just outside of Nashville for 8% off invoice pricing. None of my local dealers could even come close to that.

Jeep55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys 2DR 6MT
Occupation
Retired at the Beach
I ordered my jeep on 6/11, I just checked with Jeepchat today to see if it had been issued a VIN. She gave me the VIN and also said that all materials have been gathered, and vehicle is sequenced for production and would enter build very soon. She also said there was no “set” delivery date but I did not get an estimated delivery date either, just the 7-9 weeks. Is this D1 status?
Yes, it is. Keep in mind it can remain in this status for days or weeks before it moves into the build phase. My jeep sat in D1 for over 2 weeks.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Three weeks ago Jeep Chat tells me I'm in the "Paint Stage", last week they tell me "My Jeep has completed the "Build Stage", whatever that means. Then today I'm told I'm currently in the "Paint Stage". Just goes to show, they don't really know anything in Jeep Chat. Maybe I did go from Paint to build complete, back to paint. Maybe it does take 3 weeks to paint :) I guess it will get here when it gets here. I'll check in again tomorrow and I'll probably get "All parts have been collected for your build" :)
Sponsored