• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

California HELP! Need Your GMRS Antenna Mounting Recommendations for '21 JLU

YTBlue

First Name
YT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition
I have ordered the Midland MXT275 GMRS RADIO for installation on my 2021 JLU. Need recommendations on best antenna, location of antenna and best mounting bracket. Any photos of your installation will be greatly appreciated. With an upcoming trip to Moab, I need to get this set up. THANKS
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I have ordered the Midland MXT275 GMRS RADIO for installation on my 2021 JLU. Need recommendations on best antenna, location of antenna and best mounting bracket. Any photos of your installation will be greatly appreciated. With an upcoming trip to Moab, I need to get this set up. THANKS
To be honest i used the little magnetic one that came with it for awhile and i opened the hood and stuck it on the metal between the hood and the cowling and the antenna came right through the hood/cowl split when the hood was closed didnt even see it

mark1820

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep Trackhawk
Mounted mine here that flat bracket is from midland as well. works great
MICROMOBILE®MXTA22 DITCH LIGHT EXTENSION BRACKET

Jeep Wrangler JL HELP! Need Your GMRS Antenna Mounting Recommendations for '21 JLU IMG_0556.JPG

OP
OP
YTBlue

YTBlue

First Name
YT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mounted mine here that flat bracket is from midland as well. works great
MICROMOBILE®MXTA22 DITCH LIGHT EXTENSION BRACKET

Jeep Wrangler JL HELP! Need Your GMRS Antenna Mounting Recommendations for '21 JLU IMG_0556.JPG
Mark, that looks clean. Will it work on a '21 JLU?

Sponsored

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I preferred a rear mount for my antenna to avoid branches and still have the ability to fold the windshield, so I used the Kraken OffRoad stainless steel spare tire antenna mount. It tucks in nicely behind the spare tire mount.

20210130_151955.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
YTBlue

YTBlue

First Name
YT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I preferred a rear mount for my antenna to avoid branches and still have thebability otnfold the windshield, so I used the Kraken OffRoad stainless steel spare tire antenna mount. It tucks in nicely behind the spare tire mount.

Jeep Wrangler JL HELP! Need Your GMRS Antenna Mounting Recommendations for '21 JLU 20210130_151955
That looks great, and I agree that a rear mount would be better. Is that the standard spare mounting bracket that comes with the JLU, or have you gone to a stronger/reinforced bracket, i.e., will it fit my stock '21 JLU? If so, we may have a winner. THANK YOU.

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
That looks great, and I agree that a rear mount would be better. Is that the standard spare mounting bracket that comes with the JLU, or have you gone to a stronger/reinforced bracket, i.e., will it fit my stock '21 JLU? If so, we may have a winner. THANK YOU.
Just a stock carrier that comes on the Willys JLU I believe their mounts work on all the factory Jeep tire carriers regardless of model. You can pick either a driver's or passenger's side mount or even both if you run CB or HAM too.

Nitpicking.. If you have the hard top I would recommend the driver's side mount. If you don't swing the tailgate all the way open, your antenna can be in the way. I don't have an issue as I always open it to full lock, but my wife bitches about it to me constantly.

I run both type tops and No issues with the Soft-top to report.

FYI... the hole is predrilled for a CB antenna. For a GMRS NMO mount you will have to drill the opening to make it larger. I used a drill bit that can handle stainless steel and my neighbors drill press.

20210130_143515.jpg
Just goto their website for the details.

Sponsored

mark1820

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep Trackhawk
Mark, that looks clean. Will it work on a '21 JLU?
Yes you might need a bushing and a longer bolt to screw into that cowl piece. i already had the brocket with the bushing and longer bolt because i have the cowl mounted lights, but yes mine is a 21 jlur

OP
OP
YTBlue

YTBlue

First Name
YT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are looking for mounting ideas for your radio, there is a great hidden spot under your steering wheel behind the knee kick dash panel.
Jeep Wrangler JL HELP! Need Your GMRS Antenna Mounting Recommendations for '21 JLU 20210130_185738

Jeep Wrangler JL HELP! Need Your GMRS Antenna Mounting Recommendations for '21 JLU 20210130_185738
Thanks. Will have my installer look at that! Might be too close to the wedding tackle, you know, with radiation and all. But you're right; it's a great spot!

Derek

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-Door
Jeep Wrangler JL HELP! Need Your GMRS Antenna Mounting Recommendations for '21 JLU C52177E3-9ABB-4E6A-808D-B5448CE23223

I put mine above the driver’s fender. Bent some thin metal by hand to match the curve under the hood and used a free bolt.

OP
OP
YTBlue

YTBlue

First Name
YT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are looking for mounting ideas for your radio, there is a great hidden spot under your steering wheel behind the knee kick dash panel.
20210130_182515.jpg
That’s where the installer put it, thank you. Great location with better ventilation than other spots.
Sponsored