First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
I'm not sure how to explain this other than that when my jeep is "cold" (after a minute of so after turning it on and once i begin to drive), it feels like its trying to idle high and it pulls forward even when im not on the gas. An example of this is yesterday when i left work, i drove out of the parking lot, shifted into 2nd gear coming around a turn, and it actually accelerated a bit when i was in second gear. It was an uncomfortable feeling, as i missed the turn a little bit because of it.

Not sure if anyone else has this in their jeep. it goes away pretty quickly once i begin driving.

I find myself even having difficulty braking and coming to a stop when its doing this, i have to take it out of gear to have it feel like the engine isnt fighting me and trying to pull ahead when im braking when its cold and idling high.
Sponsored

JeepinPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR, '95 Land Cruiser
Pretty normal IMO. I usually leave the parking lot at work without touching the throttle, shift up through 4th gear. The computer will do all it can to keep the engine running around 13-1500 rpm.

Pete

OP
OP
AMKRubicon610

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
Pretty normal IMO. I usually leave the parking lot at work without touching the throttle, shift up through 4th gear. The computer will do all it can to keep the engine running around 13-1500 rpm.

Pete
good to hear its normal, thanks. ill just have to get used to it
Sponsored