Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Curious as to why you would wait if your choice was a diesel or 4XE. Looking to gain insight as I’m planning on a diesel and have been following this thread closely.
I think the feeling is that if we get a 2021 Order Guide in June it confirms that 2022s are being delayed. With the 392, you just need to jump on it if the opportunity presents itself.
Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Curious as to why you would wait if your choice was a diesel or 4XE. Looking to gain insight as I’m planning on a diesel and have been following this thread closely.
He was really hoping that the 2022 would have Uconnect 5 for the wireless carplay and other upgrades it brings.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Because there could be new colors for the June 2021 build guide if it does come out so waiting a few extra days to order a Diesel or 4XE with new color options would be worth it for me.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
for sure with small kids = leather for ease of wipe down is a must have, location of cupholders not as important ;) my $0.02.

happy to be passed that stage but still doesn't mean a teenager might not try an dump a drink in your backseat every so often - ugh

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
That's a good question. Ultimately you have decide what you can tolerate looking at every day when you walk to your car.

My wife's Sahara is Sting Gray and I really like it. Since she already has Sting Grey and every car I have owned in the past has pretty much been black, white or some combination of silver/grey, I knew I wanted a fun color this time. Plus it's a Jeep and fun colors fit quite well on a Jeep body.

My first choice was nacho, but that was discontinued and available for the 392, which is now ordered. The only other two colors I liked were Snazberry and Sarge Green. I definitely could have lived with Sarge Green but not Snazberry, although it is a beautiful coat as I have seen it in person.

Ultimately, I decided on Hydro Blue and I may do some modifications with it over time to make it not pop as much, but we will see.

If I were you, I would get the Sahara Altitude in Hydro Blue. Down the line you can always buy a black hard top and a satin grill to replace the color one. Between those two changes and the blacked out wheels, I think it would look great but you are the one that has to live/love it :)
I saw this Hydro Blue 392 at a local winery. It's a fantastic color!
i-ShfFMBG-X5.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I should have gotten a pic of the back. I saw the dual exhaust and couldn't believe what I was seeing. The hydro blue is beautiful for sure.
I seriously cannot wait. I’m actually surprised how little videos there are on YouTube. Of course there’s some media style released videos but not a ton of just regular users getting theirs yet.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I have decision paralysis on a daily basis and with this being such a big purchase I'm overthinking everything. I really want the diesel, but I've never owned one and I'm not sure if I want to start.
I was the same, but really wanted a 4xe or 2.0 as I would have gotten a much better deal. however after driving all options there was no comparison for me or my wife. even with it costing more the Diesel was the only way to go. I work from home, wife does not work, so we wont put many miles on during the week, but spend every weekend on the trails and travel a lot. ill put on about 15k miles per year even with not driving most of the week ore than 5 miles at a time. However I may out a few hundred miles of trail use over the weekends weekly.

its not the ideal scenario for the diesel, but quite a few do it. I swap vehicles a lot anyways and wont keep this past warranty so not concerned.

My guess is its like anyone who drives a 392... once you drive a jeep with that much power and smoothness you will care less about the cost.

Last edited:

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt Premier, 2021 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired-Banking-Insurance-Coal Miner-Maintenance...a bit of everything! :)
That's completely the opposite of what I saw on all the dyno sheets of stock engines. The 2.0T runs out of power quickly and starts gasping for air. The torque curve is also very "peaky" and bell shaped. The 3.6L has a torque curve that's as flat and long as a Kansas highway. Granted, PEAK torque is lower on the 3.6, but there's a flatter and longer curve and it also makes more horsepower. That's probably why YouTube videos showed the 3.6 to be faster 0-60 and also while passing another car 40-60.

The major benefit of the 3.6L, at least the non-eTorque version, was that it didn't have all the complicated and sophisticated onboard systems that the 2.0T had. But I think that has changed some in the last year or so as they've moved the eTorque system around to different engines.

As far as the windshield, I've had 4 Wranglers and 2 Gladiators. I can't count how many miles I've put on them all combined. I haven't ever replaced a single windshield ever. And there's even a rock quarry 1.5 miles from my house with dump trucks on the roads constantly. I've never figured out how guys manage to break these windshields so frequently. BUT....that Gorilla glass windshield sounds interesting! They make them in a plant right down the road from where I live I think. I know that plant makes Gorilla Glass for Apple, I'm assuming they make windshields too.
I don't have the link, but I just watched a comparison on youtube concerning this subject. It showed exactly what you claim concerning
these two motors. They stopped on some pretty steep off road hills...the exact same place and compared RPM's to get either jeep moving and even though the 6cyl weighed more it still had lower rpms to move the Jeep, besides other critical points made on the subject. Just say'n.

Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
I saw this Hydro Blue 392 at a local winery. It's a fantastic color!
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Models - Press Release Dates i-ShfFMBG-X5
This make me happy - can't wait! I actually saw the hydro blue on a 4xe, before I moved onto the 392 - but knew that was the color I had to have. And also why I wasn't going to mess around with 22 vs 21 in case it went away!

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
This make me happy - can't wait! I actually saw the hydro blue on a 4xe, before I moved onto the 392 - but knew that was the color I had to have. And also why I wasn't going to mess around with 22 vs 21 in case it went away!
Makes sense. I have yet to see it in person. I imagine it to be much like Snazberry. Online it doesn’t look great but in person especially when the sun hits it it’s a beautiful color.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Makes sense. I have yet to see it in person. I imagine it to be much like Snazberry. Online it doesn’t look great but in person especially when the sun hits it it’s a beautiful color.
I wouldn't drive one, but I definitely feel you on Snazzberry. It looks a bit trash online, but I've seen a dozen or so IRL and it's actually a really nice color. Much more subdued than the online builder makes it look.

Hydro Blue is actually very similar - the online builder almost makes it look a bit like a sky blue, but IRL it's much deeper.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I wouldn't drive one, but I definitely feel you on Snazzberry. It looks a bit trash online, but I've seen a dozen or so IRL and it's actually a really nice color. Much more subdued than the online builder makes it look.

Hydro Blue is actually very similar - the online builder almost makes it look a bit like a sky blue, but IRL it's much deeper.
Agreed. Personally I think I would get tired of snazberry, but the initial hate it received I think was only because of digital images that rendered it at a disadvantage.

I’m tempted to go to a local dealer and just see if they have any Hydro blues to look at them in person.
Sponsored