Sponsored

2022 Models - Press Release Dates

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
So now I'm considering a Hydro Blue Sahara w/ the black top. If I skip the leather seats, I can swap in the full LED lighting kit and I get the grey hard dash instead of the leather one. Could wrap it to be either black with some decals, or hydro blue to match the exterior.

I've always had cloth anyways, and it doesn't preclude me from getting heated seats. For <$2K, I could always add Katskinz later if I really wanted leather.

Anything I'm missing switching from leather to cloth?
I think we have the same problem. I'm constantly building my JL on the website and I still have options that I can't decided. I can't even make up my mind on the engine I want!
Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

You lose the pull down center console but you gain the 2 cup holders that are on the floor attached to the center console, if you have leather its these 2 unusable to me squares instead of the cup holders
Hmm, thanks, that's good to know. I've got young kids that will basically own the backseat, so having the pull-down might be worth it. Not sure they'd be able to reach the floor cupholders, and also on longer road trips, the back floorboard tends to be covered with blankets, books, etc.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I think we have the same problem. I'm constantly building my JL on the website and I still have options that I can't decided. I can't even make up my mind on the engine I want!
It's kinda stressful, lol.

I've pretty much decided on the 2.0L I4, personally. I'm going to go drive one this weekend, just to be sure, but the 3.6L V6 is a ~$1800 addition to my bottom line, and I'd have to give up some other stuff to cram it in. Most everyone who has the 2.0L I4 raves about it, and it seems to get better MPG.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner

I've pretty much decided on the 2.0L I4, personally. I'm going to go drive one this weekend, just to be sure, but the 3.6L V6 is a ~$1800 addition to my bottom line, and I'd have to give up some other stuff to cram it in. Most everyone who has the 2.0L I4 raves about it, and it seems to get better MPG.
Sounds like right now you still undeceive about the following.
- Engine, go drive both of them multiple times today. Go in with an open mind. Do not let price dictate your decision. Go with whichever one will put a smile on your face every time you step on the gas pedal
- Color, this is completely subjective, but see if you can find two of those colors on the lot and really stare are them for a while. Which color could you see driving for 5+ years and having zero regrets with?
- Cloth or Leather, to me not have the pull down cup holders is a deal break for you. This should be an easy decision.
- Sahara Regular or Altitude - I think the altitude looks better with it's black trim but again color is subjective. You already see the price difference is about the same.

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR

I have decision paralysis on a daily basis and with this being such a big purchase I'm overthinking everything. I really want the diesel, but I've never owned one and I'm not sure if I want to start.

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I have decision paralysis on a daily basis and with this being such a big purchase I'm overthinking everything. I really want the diesel, but I've never owned one and I'm not sure if I want to start.
That was my second easy choice, but I probably drive less than 40 miles a week. If commuted longer it would be a no brainer for me.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Sounds like right now you still undeceive about the following.
- Engine, go drive both of them multiple times today. Go in with an open mind. Do not let price dictate your decision. Go with whichever one will put a smile on your face every time you step on the gas pedal
- Color, this is completely subjective, but see if you can find two of those colors on the lot and really stare are them for a while. Which color could you see driving for 5+ years and having zero regrets with?
- Cloth or Leather, to me not have the pull down cup holders is a deal break for you. This should be an easy decision.
- Sahara Regular or Altitude - I think the altitude looks better with it's black trim but again color is subjective. You already see the price difference is about the same.
This is pretty accurate, with a few notes:

Engine - This is basically decided unless the 2.0L just really seems sluggish on my test drive tomorrow.
Cloth/Leather - yeah, knowing that about the pull-down pretty well locked this one up.
Sahara vs Altitude - this is tied to the color, tbh. If I decide on the Hydro Blue, then I'll have to go Sahara for the black top. I can't do that much of such a loud blue. If I decide on Granite, then the Altitude just makes way more sense for me. This would be a significantly easier decision if they had a better blue option. If that Tuscadero color hits the 4dr on the June order sheets and I can confirm it's the blue from the new Pacifica, I'd be golden.

In the long haul, the blue would probably honestly be better - will be much easier to get black accessories/decals than to try to color match blue ones, have to get them powder coated all the time, etc. I'm also going to see if Gupton can order the Sahara with *only* the Advanced Safety and skip the Safety package. Online it automatically adds both, but I don't really want/need the Safety package.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I have decision paralysis on a daily basis and with this being such a big purchase I'm overthinking everything.
Haha, same man. I'm 38 and have only owned 4 vehicles in my life. Bought a '99 Hyundai Accent when I turned 16, drove it for 8 years. Then bought an '06 GMC Sierra, drove it till 2015, sold it for a 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid cause I had a 45 mile commute. Drove the Hyundai for ~6 months, went into depression, just wanted my truck back, so I gave it to my wife and bought my current '07 GMC Sierra. Plan to drive this jeep at least ~10 years unless one of my daughters want it when they turn 16 (long time from now).

So it's a pretty big decision, lol. I started building vehicles online ~12 months ago to try to figure out what I was going to replace the truck with.

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
That was my second easy choice, but I probably drive less than 40 miles a week. If commuted longer it would be a no brainer for me.
I'm about the same, lots of short trips, less than 3 miles, with the occasional long trip every couple of weeks. I know those aren't the best conditions for the diesel but I still want it. The torque, sound, and presumed reliability of a diesel just feels right. The thought of a turbo gas engine doesn't excite me, I know people are happy with them though. My biggest turn off from the 2.0T is the aux battery. From what I've read it is a really bad design.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I'm about the same, lots of short trips, less than 3 miles, with the occasional long trip every couple of weeks. I know those aren't the best conditions for the diesel but I still want it. The torque, sound, and presumed reliability of a diesel just feels right. The thought of a turbo gas engine doesn't excite me, I know people are happy with them though. My biggest turn off from the 2.0T is the aux battery. From what I've read it is a really bad design.
Then I would get it and just be prepared for a more upkeep and more cost to maintain. But you get the engine you wanted right? I love the sound of it and that's one reason I wanted it, but I like the sound of the 392 more hahaha!

Sponsored

cptchunk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I had a KL Cherokee in Hydro Blue and that was a gorgeous color. You guys are gonna love it…it’ll look especially good with the 392 accents or with all the black contrast of the Willys or Sahara HA trims. (IMO) it looks slightly off with any silver in the mix.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I had a KL Cherokee in Hydro Blue and that was a gorgeous color. You guys are gonna love it…it’ll look especially good with the 392 accents or with all the black contrast of the Willys or Sahara HA trims. (IMO) it looks slightly off with any silver in the mix.
Good to know. I am anticipating the latest I would pickup my 392 would be August, but it could be sooner.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
My kids are grown so I rarely have anyone in my back seat. I have cloth and I actually prefer the cup holders behind the console. I can reach them from the driver's seat so I have full access to them.

I can see how small kids may benefit from the fold-down cupholders.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
My kids are grown so I rarely have anyone in my back seat. I have cloth and I actually prefer the cup holders behind the console. I can reach them from the driver's seat so I have full access to them.

I can see how small kids may benefit from the fold-down cupholders.
yeah I like the cup holders down low myself, I dont have kids but I like to be able to use them myself while driving. As a side note ive seen a post somewhere that shows you can swap the small squares for cupholders and vice versa as they take up the same footprint.

ck23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR-Diesel
I was going to but after evaluating my needs I made this decision. I want a 392 and if I were to order one right now it probably would not get here until November or December at the earliest if it was indeed a 2022.

If I was going with a diesel or a 4XE. I would wait for Monday to see the June 2021 build guides.
Curious as to why you would wait if your choice was a diesel or 4XE. Looking to gain insight as I’m planning on a diesel and have been following this thread closely.
Sponsored