Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Glad i didnt get the gorilla glass.

when i ordered on 5/8, i went back & forth in my head for several days on it, and at the last second did not get it.

ordered 5/8, shipped 6/8.
For only $95 how could you say “no” to it? In hindsight I wish I didn’t get it, but ONLY to get my Jeep faster. If supply were not an issue I would think it is the best value in the Jeep world!
Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
I said no because i did not see anyone with it yet on the JL.

everything i read about the JK had a lot of reports that while it resists chipping better, it actually scratches easier. The other issue is that it does not block as much sound as the stock windshield.

not sure if thsi is true / applies to the JL, but the other factors for me are 2 years with my 19JL with no chips, and insurance with zero out of pocket for windshields.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Glad i didnt get the gorilla glass.

when i ordered on 5/8, i went back & forth in my head for several days on it, and at the last second did not get it.

ordered 5/8, shipped 6/8.
How long did it take for you to hit D1?

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation

everything i read about the JK had a lot of reports that while it resists chipping better, it actually scratches easier. The other issue is that it does not block as much sound as the stock windshield.

not sure if thsi is true / applies to the JL, but the other factors for me are 2 years with my 19JL with no chips, and insurance with zero out of pocket for windshields.
oof… wish I did that research. I bought into the brand name and *idea* of it. I will say it is a huge regret for me.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase

Not sure why it would scratch more, the gorilla glass film is on the inside of the window. Its essentially a normal window with the GG film inside. I hope it is still at least as quiet as the standard windshield with the audio package.

Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Not sure why it would scratch more, the gorilla glass film is on the inside of the window. Its essentially a normal window with the GG film inside. I hope it is still at least as quiet as the standard windshield with the audio package.
Im not letting anyone talk me out of it at this point! Im fully committed! I am however aggravated that GG was an available option and they had no intention of building it anytime soon.

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
I know little about GG but if it's normal glass on the outside how is it better at not chipping?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I know little about GG but if it's normal glass on the outside how is it better at not chipping?
There is a video out there somewhere that explains it. I think the inner layer acts as a shock absorber and it what helps keep impacts from chipping or cracking it.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Im not letting anyone talk me out of it at this point! Im fully committed! I am however aggravated that GG was an available option and they had no intention of building it anytime soon.
Im also waiting it out. It sucks there is a delay, but im in it now lol. Honestly im sure GG is just one of many options I selected that is causing a delay for me.

Sponsored

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Do any of us have other options but to be fully committed to the GG option? I guess some dealers will let you order another vehicle without GG, but if they don't let that happen then isn't our only recourse to wait? I'm honestly interested if I have options.

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0L (Ordered 5/11)
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, take this info with a grain of sand. I was just informed by chat that my 4Xe with all options and GG is entering assembly. fingers crossed
Alexander (6/10/2021, 4:38:09 PM): Alright, thank you again for your patience here. I am thrilled to let you know, your vehicle is now about to enter assembly, scheduling status currently. Congratulations! We lack an ETA at this time but please keep in touch with us for the very latest.
My goodness Jeep chat. Such a tease with this one. Almost sounds like D1 but still reads like D. Is Jeep chat putting us in the friend zone? I'm starting to wonder😂

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
My goodness Jeep chat. Such a tease with this one. Almost sounds like D1 but still reads like D. Is Jeep chat putting us in the friend zone? I'm starting to wonder😂
thats what I was thinking too. it seems when they give this status now it is D status, not d1. (I was told the same thing about a month ago by jeep chat, my dealer confirmed still D status with no build date)​

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I have a 2021 and I’m about to order one from the dealer. I read all the horror stories about the windshield and took them with a grain of salt. I drive like an old man my wife says. Well here I am with a cracked windshield after 4000 miles. If it were an option on my build I would have totally gotten in for the $95 even with delays. OEM replacement is about $490 and Gorilla Glass is about $725. It’s definitely not a matter if it will crack but when. My JK had 165k on it and only two chips from DD and off road fun.

109EE574-3614-45F4-92EF-D23D1432D855.jpeg