What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
Be warned. The seat jacker is great but be cautious if you live near water, humidity, or moisture of any kind. The bolts provided will rust if your neighbor sneezes within 100 yards.

Here is mine after 2 months.

WaX

20210607_125829 (2).jpg
Honestly that doesn't surprise me as thats exactly what black oxide finished steel bolts usually do. No worries though, Mcmaster-Carr is one of my best friends as a knifemaker.

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Best looking bumper on the market, IMO. Looks GREAT with that yellow!
Ok some more. JLUR with factory LED package and the front camera. I love the Hella Yella gotta say.

44CBBCCB-F42A-4A91-92A6-F71BDC97BFD1.jpeg

20F57B93-9E7C-44C2-B0B3-812359159D88.jpeg
Been meaning to ask 2 questions: Without researching myself, can you tell me which bumper that is?
Ok some more. JLUR with factory LED package and the front camera. I love the Hella Yella gotta say.

44CBBCCB-F42A-4A91-92A6-F71BDC97BFD1.jpeg

20F57B93-9E7C-44C2-B0B3-812359159D88.jpeg
Wanted to ask you about your front camera. Now that you've had it on since April, do you find yourself using it often, and in what conditions? It's not automatically engaged for things such as parking in tight spots or something like that, though potentially good for off-roading in areas where it might be useful. Doesn't look like your bumper guard gets in the way of the view at all, so that's good. Just thinking through whether it's worth adding or not, as I've read mixed reviews from folks.

I like that bumper a lot, and if I ever change out my factory plastic one that is definitely in the consideration list. Most are too hard-edged or over the top, but that one looks really good with your HellaYella and probably would with my Mojito as well.

Overall, you've done a solid job with your upgrades and the ride looks terrific!

Cllowe

First Name
christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 door jl
what are you running for a lift and tires.
Super lift 3 inch I think and toyo a/t3 255/80/17. I am happy with the lift and tires are perfect for me. They don’t stick out past the flares so I am not throwing road debris up along the side.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Looks good! Is it necessary that the side verticals are walls? Could you achieve the same support with a few well placed vertical strips, sort of like studs, rather than vertical walls? Going with "studs" could gain you back a bit of space, both from the wall thickness and also the area above the fenders. It's not much, but I have the diabolical slipstream which has a similar design but is using a couple of key pieces for vertical support. I keep some rain gear and an extra hat stuffed up above the fenders that way I always have them if I need them. I'm in a 2 door so every bit of space I have is valuable.
I thought about doing that as well. Right now I am really only losing the wall thickness plus a half in on each side. For the front I am going to add a locking access door like the squad box to regain access above the wheel well front.

I love doing this stuff so if I feel want to revise it in the future it’s just more fun. But space isn’t a huge deal for me as we have a Navigator L for the long distance family hauler. Big thing was getting some security to haul my military gear out of sight with the doors off.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Been meaning to ask 2 questions: Without researching myself, can you tell me which bumper that is?

Wanted to ask you about your front camera. Now that you've had it on since April, do you find yourself using it often, and in what conditions? It's not automatically engaged for things such as parking in tight spots or something like that, though potentially good for off-roading in areas where it might be useful. Doesn't look like your bumper guard gets in the way of the view at all, so that's good. Just thinking through whether it's worth adding or not, as I've read mixed reviews from folks.

I like that bumper a lot, and if I ever change out my factory plastic one that is definitely in the consideration list. Most are too hard-edged or over the top, but that one looks really good with your HellaYella and probably would with my Mojito as well.

Overall, you've done a solid job with your upgrades and the ride looks terrific!
Not the person you were asking but the bumper is the Rugged Ridge Venator.

The front camera is somewhat limited in functionlaity, it will not turn on at speeds over ~25 and depending on your angle will not show you the trail ahead. It also does not show you what is immediately below the bumper. The speed limitation may be able to be disabled with a Tazer, not sure as I do not have one.

When we were on a trail out west with a steep rise and drop-off I was unable to see the trail direction. I had to have someone spot me as to where the trail was and what obstacles were there.

HTH

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds right. 3k each is what I paid for mine. They are great dogs. Friendly and loyal. They are the world’s worst guard dog, but will protect your house from squirrels and chipmunks. And before everyone on this forum goes crazy about the price, ask yourself how much you have spent on your Jeep this year. It is cheaper than a 2” lift with new wheels and tires.
I dropped more than this to fix my boy's knee when he tore his ACL. Worth it at 10x.

20201010_212704.jpg

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my Oracle rear bumper LEDs but couldn’t test them out because the plug-n-play harness I got was defective. Waiting for it’s replacement (great customer service from Oracle). I also installed the rear JL Tow Loops from Maximus-3.

1B368C7D-B93A-4215-BCE5-537698239B78.jpeg

9F23CA5F-BE2D-4BF7-A210-B1C8DAE10FAF.jpeg

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Not the person you were asking but the bumper is the Rugged Ridge Venator.

The front camera is somewhat limited in functionlaity, it will not turn on at speeds over ~25 and depending on your angle will not show you the trail ahead. It also does not show you what is immediately below the bumper. The speed limitation may be able to be disabled with a Tazer, not sure as I do not have one.

When we were on a trail out west with a steep rise and drop-off I was unable to see the trail direction. I had to have someone spot me as to where the trail was and what obstacles were there.

HTH
Thanks! That helps a good bit. Appreciate the response.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3616

Installed the winch off my old JK. Nine years old and it still keeps on working! A testament to Warn's quality.

Took the rear seat out, too. I think I like it better without the rear seat. Loading it up to go camping this weekend and there's just so much more space to work with.

(PS - See, I told you the wheels are on there straight! 😆)

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Just installed the WPNgear pistol mount. Pretty solid option for the intended purpose.
Clever. I did something similar, but with a QLS receiver plate mounted to the knee panel under the wheel so I could sub in whatever OWB I was running that day.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200801_164049

I'm leaning towards swapping it over onto a JCR molle panel though, more plain view but also easier draw, and hopefully I can still finagle the QLS receiver onto it with Chicago screws.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my Oracle rear bumper LEDs but couldn’t test them out because the plug-n-play harness I got was defective. Waiting for it’s replacement (great customer service from Oracle). I also installed the rear JL Tow Loops from Maximus-3.

How was the install for both the lights and the recovery loops, did you need to remove the bumper?