Non-Compatible Parts and Mods

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Hey Jeepers,

Just wanted to make a new thread to try and give fair warning to anyone looking to modify their Jeep and are unsure on how well things match up. If you have any parts or mods that have to be cut, drilled, etc in order to fit with something else, let us know! There may be other threads like this, but I didn't see any off the bat, and I ran into an issue of my own, so I'll start us off.

A Rock Krawler X-Factor lift will not be compatible with many rear differential skid plates, due to the fact that they add a relocation bracket for the track bar(I think, it may be a different bar, but bracket all the same). The new bracket is mounted around the rear axle, and is usually pretty close to the rear differential, which may cause some fit issues for most rear diff skid plates. I tried to install a MetalCloak rear diff skid, and it overlapped with the relocation bracket, which was a huge bummer because the MC skids are beefy and gorgeous.

Anyways, post any issues you've run into and help your fellow Jeepers out, before they spend the money and wait for delivery, just to send it all back!
Sponsored

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Good idea for a thread.

Stock ‘20 JLUR.
Steer smarts tracbar makes contact with the metal cloak front diff cover on stock height Jeep’s. Both parts are super beefy snd likely not to have any issues once I get my Accutune lift on. Still waiting on back ordered parts before I can install it.

Additionally, the falcon adjustable SS also makes contact with the MC diff cover on full turns to the left.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
This is small beans, but the circular chassis plugs sold here are too small to securely fit any of the intended holes...at least on my 2021. There are two frame holes that swallow the plugs completely. Spend your $11.99 elsewhere.

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Rockhard4x4 front control arm skids are not compatible with Metalcloak FAD skid.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
A Synergy rear track bar axle side relocation bracket doesn't rely on an extension and uclamp around the axle tube. It will work with the Metalcloak rear diff skid.
Jeep Wrangler JL Non-Compatible Parts and Mods 20210329_145532

The SteerSmarts front track bar also contacts the ARB front diff cover. As mentioned earlier, stock height will be a regular issue, but I beat the powder coatingboff of both parts with my 1st 2" lift. I'm now on a 3.5" Gamechanger and it doesn't reach it in the same situations, but given enough reason to compress the front end, it will hit.
Jeep Wrangler JL Non-Compatible Parts and Mods 20200812_113348
Jeep Wrangler JL Non-Compatible Parts and Mods 20200812_113508

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Forgot to mention: For those with a rear track bar relocation bracket that clamps around the axle tube, the rear diff skid from Next Venture Motorsports is your ticket. As nice as Metalcloak parts are, the front and rear diff skids from NVM are 2nd to none in my opinion.

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Jeepers,

Just wanted to make a new thread to try and give fair warning to anyone looking to modify their Jeep and are unsure on how well things match up. If you have any parts or mods that have to be cut, drilled, etc in order to fit with something else, let us know! There may be other threads like this, but I didn't see any off the bat, and I ran into an issue of my own, so I'll start us off.

A Rock Krawler X-Factor lift will not be compatible with many rear differential skid plates, due to the fact that they add a relocation bracket for the track bar(I think, it may be a different bar, but bracket all the same). The new bracket is mounted around the rear axle, and is usually pretty close to the rear differential, which may cause some fit issues for most rear diff skid plates. I tried to install a MetalCloak rear diff skid, and it overlapped with the relocation bracket, which was a huge bummer because the MC skids are beefy and gorgeous.

Anyways, post any issues you've run into and help your fellow Jeepers out, before they spend the money and wait for delivery, just to send it all back!
Ref. 2019 JLUR, SteerSmarts Yeti XD Track Bar Reinforcement Bracket, Frame Side #SSS79025001 does not fit well. Very tight clearances from bracket to driver side coil spring, bottom spring perch and the track bar hole did not line up. I believe SteerSmarts may have redesigned this bracket, but have no further input if it works or not. Best bet…go with the Synergy!

632595B3-A90F-4E7C-8E7C-896E58D45A25.jpeg

FA691C5B-8DD3-4DCF-AA0C-893E3E5B630A.jpeg

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Many rear differential skid plates aren't fully compatible with 2-doors with eTorque (at stock height). The battery's skid plate will lightly contact the differential skid.

Most 2.0 engine skid plates aren't fully compatible with stock height.

OP
OP
ChaosFromTejas
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Another “slight” fitment issue came with my MetalCloak Undercloak skid plates, and my White Knuckle Off-road rock sliders. They both share bolt holes on the underside of the frame rails, although it is manageable a spacer.

Essentially, there are 3 18mm bolts that hold on the original skid plates. Those holes are used by both the skids, and the rock sliders. The White Knuckle Off-road sliders MUST BE PUT ON FIRST, before any after market skid plates that share those holes( stock skids are fine). The rock sliders require a perfect fit around the frame rail for support.

The skids fit on around the sliders just fine, and with a 3/16” metal washer for a spacer, everything can be tightened down without bending or binding.

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2010 Ford Fusion
Build Thread
Link
Last edited: