Sponsored

UConnect Radio stopped working

RubiconGaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon granite, 2006 Rubicon beige, 1995 green Sahara, 1995 Sport aqua with splash (hers), 1995 Sahara beige (his). 2005 liberty and 2006 grand Cherokee limited
Vehicle Showcase
Went on a road trip today. 6 hours around trip with my 15y son. He likes to play songs from his phone and while listening to the song my radio froze on the display (showing the image of the song) and turned to the radio. We were able to turn the radio on and off but the display does not change. Not able to change the volume, AC, and not able to change from radio to any of the posts. Has anyone else experienced this? It has happened before like no radio at all no screen but not like this And after about a half an hour of being off it starts working again.
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Went on a road trip today. 6 hours around trip with my 15y son. He likes to play songs from his phone and while listening to the song my radio froze on the display (showing the image of the song) and turned to the radio. We were able to turn the radio on and off but the display does not change. Not able to change the volume, AC, and not able to change from radio to any of the posts. Has anyone else experienced this? It has happened before like no radio at all no screen but not like this And after about a half an hour of being off it starts working again.
I've had my radio lock up similarly playing music off USB. Sounds like a typical software crash. You can reset the unit instantly by pulling the F97 fuse. Unfortunately, there's not much else you can do short of maybe taking it to a dealer for an update if you're still under warranty, but we now live in a world where updating technology more often breaks things than fixes them.