My 2019 JL Wrangler to 2021 4xe Rubicon Upgrade Experience

OP
OP

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
I also have a similar story. Purchased my first wrangler in 2019. A 19 JL and I just ordered a 4xe rubicon and after reading everyone’s comments here I am so excited to change over to the 4xe!
It's funny.. My wife used to drive our 19 JL all the time. Then she got her Hybrid Pacifica and stopped driving the Jeep. Since getting the 4xe she has not driven the Pacifica once except when I took the keys and left before she could :)
Sponsored

CarolinaGirl26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
It's funny.. My wife used to drive our 19 JL all the time. Then she got her Hybrid Pacifica and stopped driving the Jeep. Since getting the 4xe she has not driven the Pacifica once except when I took the keys and left before she could :)
I really wanted the 392 but ya know......practicality. But I’ll also be sad to see my hella yella go. Especially since you can’t order body color in it anymore

OP
OP

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really wanted the 392 but ya know......practicality. But I’ll also be sad to see my hella yella go. Especially since you can’t order body color in it anymore
I didn't realize they stopped the Hella Yella.. It was there in April when I ordered and it was between that and Firecraker Red which we ended up getting (we really wanted Nacho but they took that color off too).

It's funny the day before the dealer delivered the 4xe to me he called to tell me he has a 392 the owner backed out on and it was mine, but it was $20K over MSRP. I had to think for a minute but turned him down since I already have a V8 sports car...

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Glad. Mojave, 16 JKU Sahara, 20 Supra
I didn't realize they stopped the Hella Yella.. It was there in April when I ordered and it was between that and Firecraker Red which we ended up getting (we really wanted Nacho but they took that color off too).

It's funny the day before the dealer delivered the 4xe to me he called to tell me he has a 392 the owner backed out on and it was mine, but it was $20K over MSRP. I had to think for a minute but turned him down since I already have a V8 sports car...
ooo, That would have been tempting (the 392) if it weren't for the ADM! Saw my first 4XE driving around today. Very quiet....

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Glad. Mojave, 16 JKU Sahara, 20 Supra
Used car deals are crazy.. I am trading in my Camaro for $9K more than I paid new towards a Supra next week. New car discounts are harder to come by, but I got the Toyota dealer to agree to $4K off MSRP.

I went on a little trail a few days ago, and and totally agree. Top down, windows down, and all you hear are the tires and birds chirping and wind blowing.
ah, welcome to the Supra club. man, I've seen you around a lot of the same forums as me. I gotta say, you go thru cars!!

The 4xe has me very intrigued. My 16 JKU is going to my son soon and I've been eyeballing all sorts of stuff as a replacement. The thought of beach roaming with a silent vehicle sure sounds appealing!! Her in RI there's a really nice beach to roam that's on par with the Cape.

Sponsored

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Ok, internet sucks here, but I can add pictures later.

I ran windows up, AC on the entire trip. I tried to keep it around 75mph, some stints at 80, some at 70. Hit some heavy rain and heavy traffic as well. Total drive time was just shy of 13 hours.

Total miles: 876.2
Electric Miles - 31.4
Gas Miles - 844.8

Electric went up slowly over the entire trip but showed 13 miles when the battery was <1% when I first left this morning (running the AC drained it fast).

Started with a full tank and put gas in three times along the way, including after I arrived in Baltimore.

Stop 1 - 14.877 gallons
Stop 2 - 14.871 gallons
Arrival - 8.982 gallons
Total Gas used - 38.73

Trip Display shows 24.1 mpg

Calc MPG:
Total Miles/Total Gas = 22.6 mpg
Gas Miles/Total Gas = 21.8 mpg

Additional details....

Range (miles traveled + range remaining on display)

Leg 1 - stopped at 330 miles (35 left to go) Range = 365
Leg 2 - stopped at 672 miles (37 left to go) Range = 379
Leg 3 - stopped at 876 miles (165 left to go) Range = 369

MPG drops significantly at 70 and up. Drafting, even 4 or 5 car lengths behind a semi can make a big difference. I think running at 65 to 70 would up the mpg but i just cant bring myself to do that. I had to fight with myself internally to keep it under 80.

It's fun to "meet up" and follow fellow Jeepers on the open road even if only for a short while. Shout out to the black JKU New Jersey Plates I followed for a while in NC/Virgina!

Also, it was probably all in my head, I'm sure the pretty woman in the Willys in Richmond caught up and smiled at me.

OP
OP

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ah, welcome to the Supra club. man, I've seen you around a lot of the same forums as me. I gotta say, you go thru cars!!

The 4xe has me very intrigued. My 16 JKU is going to my son soon and I've been eyeballing all sorts of stuff as a replacement. The thought of beach roaming with a silent vehicle sure sounds appealing!! Her in RI there's a really nice beach to roam that's on par with the Cape.
Hey, thanks for replying. Yes, I do go through cars but historically I like to buy gently used sports cars in winter time with snow on the ground and then I usually sell them for either more than I paid or break even. Last two cars I have actually made a lot of money on (GT350 and SS1LE), but the used market is abnormal right now.

The 4xe is really, really impressive (factoring in the tax credit). I would definitely try to take one out for a test drive, it's just a different experience.

Gorilla83

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JLUR 4XE, 2021 Tesla 3 Performance
Occupation
Tech and Real Estate Guy
Love reading these experience stories as I'm awaiting the arrival of my 4xE! Definitely builds up excitement and anticipation for those of us 'in the queue.' :) Keep them coming...

I'll be coming from my 2019 Moab - I'll miss the Mojito for sure as I LOVE that color but primary reasons for the upgrades for me were:

1) Sky one touch - I really should have done this on the first Jeep!
2) The tax rebate of course!
3) Much of my daily driving is <12 miles so perfect fit from an economical standpoint
4) the power and torque improvement!!

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Love reading these experience stories as I'm awaiting the arrival of my 4xE! Definitely builds up excitement and anticipation for those of us 'in the queue.' :) Keep them coming...

I'll be coming from my 2019 Moab - I'll miss the Mojito for sure as I LOVE that color but primary reasons for the upgrades for me were:

1) Sky one touch - I really should have done this on the first Jeep!
2) The tax rebate of course!
3) Much of my daily driving is <12 miles so perfect fit from an economical standpoint
4) the power and torque improvement!!
You and I are similar Jeepers.

Third Wrangler for us, first SOT top. It is truly a game changer, it’s awesome. I think you’ll love it!

And not filling up on gas is so cool. I’ve never been one to stress the price of gas or how much I’m spending on gas - but wow, it is just *cool* that I’ve only filled this thing up once since buying it.
Sponsored