Sponsored

No Squatting JL's in NC

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
All this time, i thought a Carolina Squat was something dirty. Who knew?
I honestly never heard of it...I must be getting old, and if that means getting old, then I'm OK with it.

When I first read the title, I thought a "Carolina Squat" was something that you did on the way home after eating bad Mexican food

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
We have this stupidity here in NYC. It’s called “stanced”

Jeep Wrangler JL No Squatting JL's in NC EF15864E-A56F-4346-B671-6327EDD777C0
I just googled it. We got a lot of those around me too. I was wondering why I was seeing tires that looked like the rims were too wide or the tires were tilted in. I just figured it was a kid who didn’t have enough money to buy The tires for his rims and just made it work. I see a lot of bmw’s like this. But deff not to the extremes above. It’s still pretty stupid looking though.

Sponsored

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Besides reduced visibility, and what I'm assuming would be a negative impact to steering and front traction, etc... I'm tempted to say to each his own.

But, no... there's a point at which a person crosses the boundary separating creative expression and sheer stupidity mixed with a distinctive lack of taste... It happens when someone ordersa "very" well done steak and it happens when someone does that to a Jeep (or a truck).

Poor Jeeps 😞

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm so glad I live out West where unless you're in LA, you don't really see this. After seeing the "Carolina Squat", I almost want to retract my statement on the Angry Grille thread. If given a choice, I'd proudly drive around with an angry grille vs. the Carolina squat.

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl
NC has just past a bill banning the Carolina Squat.

Jeep Wrangler JL No Squatting JL's in NC 80543F0A-2F08-4B0B-BBBD-1B18F06CBD75

One cannot raise the front more than 3 inches and also lower the back by more 2 inches.
"They" say the headlights are a problem to on coming traffic.

I guess NC is a:

Luckily, this new law does not apply to most of the JL's that I have seen. However, those JL's are out there...

Your thoughts?
Ask not for whom the bell tolls..................

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hmm, that makes it harder to see out the front, puts more weight on the back wheels, and less on the front. Less weight on the front wheels means it's more likely to lose steering control upon acceleration, and a lot of those are diesels, no doubt with extra torque mods, lol.

Man, most trucks made in the last 5 or so years already sit too dang high from the factory to begin with. At that point, why even bother having wheel wells. lol.

The negative camber thing looks awful as well. I wonder if anyone has tried to combine the two yet.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t forget, the original post shows the article which states the headlights are right in other drivers eyes.
I don’t know if I’m just getting older and grouchy but I get pissed when some ahole on the other side of the road or behind me has his/her brights on. I don’t care what people do to their vehicles as long as it doesn’t affect me. If they didn’t pass this law then you gotta put up with some dudes lights in your face.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
This is why I love this forum. Because I can read this:
I ran across a kid washing his truck here in myrtle with a huge squat. 6 inch lift in the front and stuffed in the back. The rims were so big his 35s looked like a roll of used electrical tape. While talking to him, I found him knowledgeable about his lift (a cheap brand that put leverage in all the wrong places), excited to share info on his trucks mods, and I enjoyed hearing about his squat truck experience. He was as proud of his truck as I am my jeep. We had a lot in common, just different tastes. Now when I see a squatted truck, I see someone with different tastes than me but a fellow enthusiast who can talk knowledgeably about suspensions and what it's like to twist a wrench on them. 😄
Followed immediately by this:
I didn't even know this shit was a thing. Fucking idiots.
...and agree wholeheartedly with both of them. What a world we live in.
Sponsored