Sponsored

What in the world is going on in Toledo?

OP
OP
markbum

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
Let’s start with what all did you order. Could be something you added that they’re waiting on parts for. That is by far the most common reason for it to be held up.
I ordered an Islander with manual. I did option it out rather heavily, but no half doors. I did get the roof liner.
Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I ordered an islander. A well optioned Islander, so it's possible some components are delayed. I just don't understand the conflicting answers from Jeep.
What did exactly did Jeep Chat tell you? Often it goes gathering parts for build, build process, pending installation of additional equipment, and then final inspection.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
You are delaying do to some electronics that are not available. I just took possession of my 2021 JLUR that was order on May 5th and sitting in my driveway on June 4th. I kept it simple with minimal added electronic packages and simple paint scheme.

Even my dealership was surprised it showed up so fast and attributed it to the lack of electric packages.

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
People keep mentioning the chip shortage, but right now there are threads about how no base Sport’s have been built for months AND that 4xe’s (my own included) are being cranked out in under 2 weeks.

The fact that it’s an Islander would be my guess. But I, of course, have no idea. We can only speculate.

Sponsored

OP
OP
markbum

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
What did exactly did Jeep Chat tell you? Often it goes gathering parts for build, build process, pending installation of additional equipment, and then final inspection.
They started off telling me it was in final inspection. Then it went to build. The last they told me was gathering parts for build. So it has made no sense. I had to keep asking are they sure it's my jeep they are quoting due to the conflicting information. Each time they've said, "oh, we see what you mean" but to no avail. I thought once "Jeff" was assigned I might at least have an understanding of what was happening. Nope. Jeff has not contacted me once. Sigh...

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I think your just now on the fringe of ‘delayed’ territory. My original order from the same day just got to the dealer 10 days ago, 1 week ahead of estimates. 9 weeks order to delivery. I have heard from multiple dealers 12 weeks hasn’t been crazy time frame.

That said, inconsistent information is frustrating, but based on the responses on this site, I don’t think ‘Jeff’ in customer service Jeep chat has access to nearly as much info as we think they might

OP
OP
markbum

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
I think your just now on the fringe of ‘delayed’ territory. My original order from the same day just got to the dealer 10 days ago, 1 week ahead of estimates. 9 weeks order to delivery. I have heard from multiple dealers 12 weeks hasn’t been crazy time frame.

That said, inconsistent information is frustrating, but based on the responses on this site, I don’t think ‘Jeff’ in customer service Jeep chat has access to nearly as much info as we think they might
Hey! Glad your jeep arrived - that gives me hope! I think you are right, and frankly I don't think the issue is that "Jeff" doesn't have access - I think he doesn't exisit!! Fingers crossed I will see my jeep soon!

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Other than hearsay from a "guy at the dealership", can anyone point to chip shortages being the issue for Wranglers? I ask as each company made decisions to short certain models/factories and AFAIK, keeping Wrangler production going was a top priority for Stellantis here in the US. For sure there are delays in lead times but not to the degree mentioned with the delays on this thread.

Sponsored

OP
OP
markbum

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
Hey! Glad your jeep arrived - that gives me hope! I think you are right, and frankly I don't think the issue is that "Jeff" doesn't have access - I think he doesn't
I want hella yella, and a manual. I've looked since December of last year with no luck, so in March I ordered. Hopefully, it will be soon. never a good sign though when the dealer is saying they have no idea what is going on.
!! Fingers crossed I will see my jeep soon!

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
I wish I was only waiting 9 or 12 weeks.
Up here in Canada the wait is anywhere from 5 months to 8 months.
I ordered mine Feb 12th.
So it has only been 4 months.
Another month to 4 months to go.
I may get a 2022 if I am lucky.
Us Canadians are suffering a lot more than you guys.

Mountaineep

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Toyota Tacoma, '21 Willys Sport (On Order)
Occupation
Mining Engineer
I'm in the same boat, I just called Jeep chat and got the usual "parts are delivered, will begin soon" that I've got the past 2 months.

Ordered mine on 3/27, and nothing beyond VIN number (basic willys sport).

Canyonero02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JLUR
You are delaying do to some electronics that are not available. I just took possession of my 2021 JLUR that was order on May 5th and sitting in my driveway on June 4th. I kept it simple with minimal added electronic packages and simple paint scheme.

Even my dealership was surprised it showed up so fast and attributed it to the lack of electric packages.
I ordered a pretty loaded JLUR on 05/18 but did not get any of the electronic safety packages. It was at the dealer 6/3, only 16 calendar days. The dealer was shocked it arrived so fast. If only my Tread Lightly pin was active I would be picking it up this weekend.

Frank..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor
I ordered a pretty loaded JLUR on 05/18 but did not get any of the electronic safety packages. It was at the dealer 6/3, only 16 calendar days. The dealer was shocked it arrived so fast. If only my Tread Lightly pin was active I would be picking it up this weekend.
Lucky! I ordered mine on 17th and hasn't even been built yet. Ordered with Gorilla Glass and it sounds like that's the culprit.
Sponsored