Sponsored

Sethward01

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
4xe owners--when shopping for aftermarket bumpers and side steps--are you finding you have to order for a 2021 Wrangler JLU Sahara/Rubicon or specific for 4xe? I ask because I was shopping for bumpers for mine and several I liked wouldnt fit a 4xe when I selected it. But if I changed to a Sahara it said they would fit. Mine should be in by the end of the month. Thanks for any advice/feedback.

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Just added Havoc HS2 side steps. Did not specify 4xe. No issues with fit, but they mount in exactly the same places as the stock Rubi rails, so not surprising.
Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! 20210606_124240

Sponsored

Sethward01

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Just added Havoc HS2 side steps. Did not specify 4xe. No issues with fit, but they mount in exactly the same places as the stock Rubi rails, so not surprising.
Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! 20210606_163826
Thanks for sharing! I assumed everything most aftermarket parts would fit fine regardless of trim level. But I also dont want to spend a bunch of money to have something shipped and then have to send it back

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
the lift is a 2” front and 1.5” rear spacer lift. I don’t think there was any loss in power, only put 106 miles on it before lifting, lol.The tazer measured I did 0-60 in 6.26 sec. and the wheels are 17x8.5 +0. Feel free to ask anything.

I assume your lift is the Teraflex 1.5". regardless there is an issue with the 4xe Rubicon with these small lifts, because of the added 1" extra lift from the factory when you install a 1.5" it is really a 2.5" which changes the lift game. You will likely not notice/experience this during a lift install itself since the shocks are one of the last things you put back on and is usually done one the tires are on and lowered.. I did not see this during lift install it was not until I replaced the stock shocks with Fox 2.0 when I could not get the new shocks installed because of the swaybar. The problem is the stock Swaybar links are too short what will happen at near full articulation because of the short stock links the sway bar will com in contact with the Shock body likely damaging the shocks. Before you go off road you need to replace your swaybar links with 2" longer ones (mopar extended links work fine and are the cheapest). Also i find the axle alignment was 3.4" off while you can live with that it is recommended to replace the stock track bare with adjustable and align the axle. Bottom line is the extra stock 1" changes the game and geometry on the 4xe compared to the JLUR and these extras are needed.

The Swaybar should be no more than 10-15degrees angle on the flat, mine after the 1.5 Teraflex was 27-degrees that was causing the contact to the shock body issue.

Pictured below is before the swaybar link extensions that is too much angle on the swaybar.

Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! rear shock

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I added more lights (6" amber bars on bumper) over the weekend, need more aux switches now...

Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! All Lights on

Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! Hood lights

Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! Bumper lights

Sponsored

jerf177

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Unlimited 4xe
Hello group. Just picked up my 4xe and been enjoying the ride so far. Excited to begin anew and see where this build takes me.

Small easy personal touches to start off with. Over rock rail sliders on order for the next planned addition.

Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! 20210527_193758
Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! 20210608_122120
Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! 20210608_122105
Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! 20210608_122218
Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! 20210608_121947

Sethward01

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Traded in my 2010 JKU Sahara for the 4xe last week. Swapped to 17” wheels and 35’s this weekend. Just gotta get a 1.5-2” lift next.

Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! 20210608_121947
Looks great! Im planning on adding 35s to my Sahara 4xe. The Mopar lift is backordered through mid-July. Clearance looks fine with the 35s, but do they rub when turning?

Sethward01

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Spoke with FCA chat on 6/5 and my Jeep was ready to ship, with an estimate delivery date of 7/3--7/17. That was fine, as Im getting ready to head out of town for a two week vacation. But my salesman called me this morning and said it had arrived! I was shocked, but a little frustrated. I dont have time to arrange the finances and such before I leave. Was going to do that while on vacation and have it all ready when I got back. So, it gets to hang out at the dealership until I get back. The key wasnt even programmed (or something), so I couldnt even test drive it

Jeep Wrangler JL Owners show off your new 4xe! {filename}
Sponsored