Sponsored

What in the world is going on in Toledo?

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
Y'all, I ordered my Jeep JLU on March 26 2021. As of today (June 8, 2021), I still have no idea where my jeep is in the world of production. Last week, even the dealer told me "we have no idea what's going on - yours is one of 5 we are waiting on and can't get answers". It seems my jeep is in D1 status for two months now. I did find the build sheet on the tool here in the JLforum, but it's not been updated since 5-18. Jeep Chat has given me contradictory information ranging from final inspection to build to gathering parts for build - and not in sequential order so their answers make no sense. I was then told Jeep assigned me to "Jeff" to monitor my build and keep me informed (as well as prioritizing my build - but I felt like that was bs from the get go). Turns out, I've heard nothing from this "jeff", I don't have contact information for him and no one seems to be able to connect me to him. Y'all - I hope Jeep builds a better product than the customer service they provide - it's complete chaos and absolutely stinky terrible. I kinda regret my decision to buy a Jeep - and I don't even have it yet. If it ever arrives I know I'll love it, but I don't know that I'll ever see it at this point. By the time I do have it, the 2022's will be out! Is this normal? Anybody else in this predicament? Any advice? Yikes!
Sponsored

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
there were many forum posts and news reports over the last several months about the chip factory in Japan that burned up. the car electronics portions are not being produced fast enough to meet the supply needs.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Cancel and go elsewhere!
Yes.
You meant to say cancel and start waiting all over again.
Yes cancel. No more waiting. Go somewhere else.
Patience is what you need.
This is no longer about patience. This is about respecting the facts of reality and refusing to live in delusion. @markbum Quit allowing yourself to get slapped around by the dealer.

GO AND BUY FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Or don’t. It’s only your time that’s being squandered.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
GO AND BUY FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE.
If he ordered an Islander, they are discontinued for new orders as of the May order guide. If you order a 2022 when the banks open up in the fall, you will likely be looking at Jan 2022 arrival.

If it has a buildsheet as of May 18th your Jeep should be built, it is not unheard of it taking 3 weeks for waiting for additional parts or accessories. Dual doors and headliners are supposedly causing delays now. I would think your window sticker should be generated shortly. You just need a little patience. I know it can be tough, my 80th took over 6 weeks for shipping after I got the window sticker. It seemed like forever. I sold my car based on the original shipping date the dealer gave me after I got the window sticker email, I was out of car for a month...

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Being in the board-level component space, I’d love to tell you that much of your car doesn’t rely on chips that are currently seeing massive shortages …. But you know that is a lie.

When you combine that with the fact that many logistic firms are having both labor shortages and seeing longer customs clearance times, the overall issue is not going to get better in the short term. I have patio furniture, a hot tub and BBQ grill all on long-term backorder … we feel your pain.

Know that Stellantis wants you to get your Jeep, as does the dealer. It will be worth it in the end …

Sponsored

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
I would expect the other vehicle manufacturers to be having similar issues.

There have been a whole lot of manufacturing disruptions across various industries. The entire world is slowly returning to normal. Some countries are still not yet managing the virus successfully.

It will take some time for production lines to get back to the pre-pandemic levels. That is just the reality for those of us who survived.

I think we need to cut FCA some slack on this.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
it is not unheard of it taking weeks for waiting for additional parts or accessories
All good points. Who knows what options he ordered? Manual transmission? Diesel engine? Half doors? Dual door package? What trim?

My advice was based on the finger pointing and him being unable to get a consistent response from anyone involved in the process.

OP
OP
markbum

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
If he ordered an Islander, they are discontinued for new orders as of the May order guide. If you order a 2022 when the banks open up in the fall, you will likely be looking at Jan 2022 arrival.

If it has a buildsheet as of May 18th your Jeep should be built, it is not unheard of it taking 3 weeks for waiting for additional parts or accessories. Dual doors and headliners are supposedly causing delays now. I would think your window sticker should be generated shortly. You just need a little patience. I know it can be tough, my 80th took over 6 weeks for shipping after I got the window sticker. It seemed like forever. I sold my car based on the original shipping date the dealer gave me after I got the window sticker email, I was out of car for a month...
I did order an Islander! And I really wanted an islander. So, 2022 is not an option for me. I'll keep hope!
Mark

OP
OP
markbum

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
Let’s start with what all did you order. Could be something you added that they’re waiting on parts for. That is by far the most common reason for it to be held up.
I ordered an islander. A well optioned Islander, so it's possible some components are delayed. I just don't understand the conflicting answers from Jeep.

OP
OP
markbum

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
I would expect the other vehicle manufacturers to be having similar issues.

There have been a whole lot of manufacturing disruptions across various industries. The entire world is slowly returning to normal. Some countries are still not yet managing the virus successfully.

It will take some time for production lines to get back to the pre-pandemic levels. That is just the reality for those of us who survived.

I think we need to cut FCA some slack on this.
I don't disagree with you. Most of my frustration is in the inconsistent and contradictory responses from JEEP. Simply being able to tell me where I am in the process isn't an unreasonable request.
Sponsored